James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
The trouble is this: Larry's grammar is poor, but it isn't that poor. Miranda's grammar isn't bad at all (though her spelling is poor -- hey, Miranda, use spell check!). We know that PA's letters come from Miranda or Larry and their stock phrasebook; they aren't made up by the folks they hire.

The OP's grammar is terrible. The grammar in the supposed PA letter is terrible. The supposed PA letter more closely resembles the OP's writing (as expressed here) than it does PA's (of which we have seen a good number of examples over the years).

overfiend

Registered
Reaction score
This is again the email i received for those interested. There was no letter head whatsoever.I repeat "NO letterhead".

Here is letter as is copied word for word as i received it, untouched, not embellished and unpolished

PublishAmerica Author Support to me

Oh, stop the whining already. We're sick and tired of hearing your ilk bark up the wrong tree, so either shape up or shut up you dumb idiot.

Listen Eistein, this no rocket science. We publish 50,000 books. Each one is produced, manufactured, published, and made available to bookstores worldwide the exact same way. Everything is the same. We don't do preferential treatments for no one, especially dicks like you. Instead we do the whole thing for absolutely free.

Did you get that numbskull? Free....want me to edit that for you by the word. Regular people don't argue with free. Misguided people like you do. You are seriously misguided, stupid.
Some books sell very well, in the millions. Some books sell very few copies, even none. Everything else is the same.
The difference despite the exact same treatment? Different content, different author.
Those who sell well never give us this kind of crap, ever. Those who don't occasionally barf just like you. Because they can't handle the thought that maybe it's them, or their story.

It gets old. Go away now. You're wasting our time. Your book remains under contract.
Thank you,

PublishAmerica Support
[email protected]

Now again i have nothing more to give you. Take this as you will.
For the guy who said i embellished for attention, frustration or whatsoever..i have made my peace with my book being a prisoner to PA since 2007. i am not Frustrated.Was in 2007 but we are in 2011 so if i was still, i would pay the 99$ and get it over with to begin with because peace of mind is important. But i am not and can wait 3 more years until my contract is over.

You are frowning upon this email as if i got nothing to do but make things up. i do remind you that i taunted the guy at PA support and may be he snapped and wrote this unique letter which might never repeat itself again. May be the guy does not work there anymore after that but the fact remains......... it was what i got.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
overfiend--At the very top of the email they sent you, there should be a "To:" on the upper left, and a date stamp on the upper right. Or somewhere at the very top. That's what everyone is asking from you. A picture of the entire email. You can forward it to one of the people who've asked you, and the entire email will be sent, with the date and time stamp as well.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know there was such a thing as a "full header" until I started reading the PA threads here. If you open the email from PA, and look for a "tools" or "actions" button or menu (It's a "actions" button in Yahoo Mail), look for something that says "View full header." This will give you a bunch of info not usually visible in the message. I sent myself an email, and the full header reads thus (with my direct contact info removed by the red Xs. Someone tell me if I should delete other parts of it):

From Chris PXXXX Fri Oct 28 20:58:57 2011
X-Apparently-To: cXXX[email protected] via 98.XXX.XX.XXX; Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:58:57 -0700
Return-Path: <cXXX[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (domain of yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: 1Q7o36sWLDudLYsXGLzWynyBQgLFSoShN4d_OredIYm6w.lH
0m0HFq2XxMoHizgw_GhnuNDN7BLd0bedzxr9d4wXubGOTAz3fe1UWiQY8P5A
WiGGGREfjpiovYdcyKIwOIGqifc1xKKPzjn4xZtm36eZaYshUYmrM.2p.b9B
kSYcYvRH8PpBuh_wrVHO1PRCcwFkvxYgls4a2hBm.5Qbt.fc0y_II5aORWJE
AMLPcPKRCThEoZgkeI03gdTsHpYxXaAXzAqdX7jXrdEAMavgeoxvCFJDTxaj
fa1JNmE0CR0GpN_AQt8072gXdqSiDZW2h5guVPlSewShOrJsZCRoURHoFRN3
m6ndCIHNT9AagLJhHKxs7RV_8pPZbvF0OKjye8FGPDNuF6b5_aKyYTpGAnNz
qAnTYigEa6l2O2WMWQxRXL4MRWrCom.ZvfDARK.px0BZGgsefT8qkrJhRVBr
dl8mYyMuisrxSkWT5rCPLf82gGqL8LsxMKZL_141lLKz6hhxYX.JuvuPuhpt
Pif9bDhgPNSKxvDtzy.7ajHT2jx5XA85tYArC.A49vJzLpDpApZ6Gf8eRZDW
o4rgHncWx2cOMQORIXcx8.orb0VR2MjzyHkFqDlGS5k8TxJC0ov5cDWNxfo8
9AAmleEQWLNd1E7o6JBKibS851pfq1S7aLeKIeVZOA69JT28mL2tZB4CPquu
.bOy6JHM9zofGJGkNed.M1b9M86I3G08ynkR3l371nECJiO9idvtN6ZTzFoH
7hxLEY7Up78EHQU52DbhCKFoQ1ekJUoxefYnD4HTrOZQVAvWItGxF_zvNkvT
reBh9LirIOza11SgCeIs72EzV4JycjHqUuM_ulaI95Jaus8pTOpL39tXsgC4
xd10aXueTNtpFvXc.6B77vCGT.VrkStlbART6OCz_Tyv9M5OHkRzF8gQQlVR
1gJNF1eNFSSoD5n4m3t.J6Uciw3cbd7kqXtAi1Vv.rOFpNMWWpnoJTZv2ko9
fGFD6aJJI1ntbytiWsg56eiXWuzAy18FqsFxctvRvxtvV8JNk0ekk8MxbkOA
X38ePinrRctFBDdTYW.0Xg3ikLuxz4zBYqvM_eReZIA-
X-Originating-IP: [98.XXX.XX.XXX]
Authentication-Results: mta1179.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.X.X.X (HELO nm7-vm0.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com) (98.XXX.XX.XXX)
by mta1179.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:58:57 -0700
Received: from [98.XXX.XX.XXX] by nm7.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 28 Oct 2011 20:58:57 -0000
Received: from [98.XXX.XX.XXX] by tm5.bullet.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 28 Oct 2011 20:58:57 -0000
Received: from [127.X.X.X] by omp1050.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 28 Oct 2011 20:58:57 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 34025 invoked by uid 60001); 28 Oct 2011 20:58:57 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1319835537; bh=n9YPMfmdGXddKFJn4cyxVnT35fWJHqfbzNnWGaU7Njc=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=nGRiyzukDOYQaDh+9TgJd57xauWGkPnYk2bPN2VjISEFgIgbDVixuBJ0aYp8hkWd3mLgnbhg6z/HTEZDnzeTrXPorJDkhXQOvjth3E4yoMEO9pC/hjTzwsMvH2JQnJQSMHJWjZa9KqaNViqFFvzoHkaDcgUQu9OcEWavNBPOjmM=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=rws2CLfDaPFTh4fmMmpXpyKQ/rO8cQNKLRvjcE87BOIhYJPJg1sPdDUMqMW7evzz8Wdkvt1sz2XmvI5nZSUb6ue7vZOoXYewhRFlVUq/vRkje+voODYCQiZQ8IJAUmn14KG3Y8eoLUWzJqB/b00+IMfkzOPRImKzjPnFE8YH9vc=;
X-YMail-OSG: T8n74XcVM1l7bHcjzccejIckomSWyJCNxw4ohaoRrWrFlEw
inzULdllPYvYVeMM2O8P0Efa60FTZkuVIipaiwZ6_GrY87m5MYX8db3b0hHA
1i7RKPQ7f2Gr9e0N89h_goF1kzeg4NghY7OMxlpwznKGtK1arj7WypgGI_LS
duLfmbXyD6Uv71HEMdB0VDC_4RwogjSn3fYsd7s0lowryi52USrm1JfqkigB
pi7r8eICAcBkyT1ZszXTt1U97D49jcZhOlHH.JDvZeH.eXs9epsCZjiLZRky
lrgvu3BR6F486H99B73lhTI2gU8LUSB.tBsJmdXTjK873ANHATjDZLbqJ6P3
jWehY.HVyViN2tkofxJ_linwmb1J466p.kp7w041y1sttnpc8RhX.kYqLxbq
FzBNr5gECM6h147_Rf.ytEn5n6FqNPV95GSui8RR.iOzlIw1Z
Received: from [130.18.38.149] by web112618.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:58:57 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.114.317681
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: Chris PX <cXXX[email protected]>
Subject: test email for full header
To: Me <cXXX[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="1587356500-1982580933-1319835537=:32416"
Content-Length: 428
This is what people are talking about. I'm sure there's not actually smilies in it, just AW's autoinsert.

Last edited:

overfiend

Registered
Reaction score
This is

fromPublishAmerica Author Support [email protected]
[email protected]
dateFri, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM
subjectxxxxxxxxx: barfing up the wrong tree
mailed-bypublishamerica.com
Important mainly because of the people in the conversation

xxxx is my name and email masked of course.That is all in the email

overfiend

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know there was such a thing as a "full header" until I started reading the PA threads here. If you open the email from PA, and look for a "tools" or "actions" button or menu (It's a "actions" button in Yahoo Mail), look for something that says "View full header." This will give you a bunch of info not usually visible in the message. I sent myself an email, and the full header reads thus (with my direct contact info removed by the red Xs. Someone tell me if I should delete other parts of it):

This is what people are talking about. I'm sure there's not actually smilies in it, just AW's autoinsert.

i use gmail so if you know how to get this cript, let me know because i can't find how to do this on gmail

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
i use gmail so if you know how to get this cript, let me know because i can't find how to do this on gmail

On the right-hand side of the message, there's a blue down arrow (next to the Reply arrow). Click on that and select "Show Original"

You'll get the whole mail message in plain-text, with the mail headers.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Yeah - at this point, that original mail going to need to be forwarded, with full headers, to someone else, to ascertain that it hasn't been edited to be posted here.

Richcapo, if he edits the original email before forwarding it (with full headers) then that'll show up in the file information data.

overfiend

Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't the OP edit the original email before he sends it in for verification?

Yup he is right. I could edit that "too" and place it here . So in the end, there is no proff from me that can come that will be credible. i will not send it straight from my real email to anyone and if i use a decoy email, then i can change the info as well so in the end it is take the info as it is.

If you find it is easy to treat this all as a lie, fabrication or embellishment, so be it people. I am done with this
This was posted for informational value and not to start a debate: should i vote for the op's crediblity or PA's untarinshed one. i leave that one for Helium

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
I have a gmail account and sent an e-mail to myself to see what would show up. When I clicked on "show details," I got this:
teste-mailforgmail.jpg

ETA: What's with all the Tate Publishing advertisements?
ETA: Found this at Gmail.
How Gmail Ads work
Ads that appear in Gmail are similar to the ads that appear next to Google search results and on content pages throughout the web. In Gmail, ads are related to the content of your messages. Our goal is to provide Gmail users with ads that are useful and relevant to their interests.

So, somehow, Gmail figured out my references to AW and PA were about publishing. That's a bit freaky. I could have been saying, "Aw my kitten is sick and pa had to take him to the vet."

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Yup he is right. I could edit that "too" and place it here . So in the end, there is no proff from me that can come that will be credible. i will not send it straight from my real email to anyone and if i use a decoy email, then i can change the info as well so in the end it is take the info as it is.

You've slipped over the line from well intentioned mistake to deliberate ignorance. Posting it here serves no purpose (this holds true of any poster on this board; everyone is expected to provide proof and/or links to information they share). There's also no reason not to forward the email, if it exists. The people asking get many, many emails from writers seeking assistance, and they keep them confidential.

To "take the info as it is", is to recognize that it is without merit.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
ETA: What's with all the Tate Publishing advertisements?
ETA: Found this at Gmail.
How Gmail Ads work
Ads that appear in Gmail are similar to the ads that appear next to Google search results and on content pages throughout the web. In Gmail, ads are related to the content of your messages. Our goal is to provide Gmail users with ads that are useful and relevant to their interests.

So, somehow, Gmail figured out my references to AW and PA were about publishing. That's a bit freaky. I could have been saying, "Aw my kitten is sick and pa had to take him to the vet."

Google has very very good search algorithms, not surprisingly.

My ads tend to be for recipes that use spam, however...

ETA: It was probably your sig line that brought up the Tate ads, I would think.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Ah, you're right! I just typed that in so there would be something in the actual e-mail, but it does mention author, book and readers. That makes sense. Any good spam recipes? ** giggling madly **

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Actually, if you forward the e-mail to one of the folks who requested it, they can tell from the headers where it came from.

*shrug*

Bolded for emphasis.

No one's asking you to copy and paste the e-mail here on AW. They're asking you to forward it to their e-mail addresses (such as hprw AT tesco DOT net) so they can see the header data. I assume you know how to forward e-mails?

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I think it well past time to close this thread until such time as OP provides the proof he claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.