• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Write Agenda

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Wish we knew someone in Michigan or California who could actually go to the addresses Turnaround Media has listed for their location and check them out.

-Ann C. Crispin

Do you have the Michigan address? Depending on where it is, I might be able to check it for you. I want to get myself on the TWA boycott list. :D

Last edited:

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Victoria and I have wondered whether the Turnaround Media dweeb hired to keep TWA going has Aspergers. It would explain a lot about his/her inability to communicate and understand written English. Either that or it's all just deliberate misunderstanding on his/her part.

-Ann C. Crispin

I find this kind of assumption far too prevalent online. People who have aspergers are no more likely to be idiots than other people. Generally speaking, their communication problems are *verbal* and they tend to be pretty logical/fact oriented.

So please people, do not ever think that acting like an idiot = autistic. It doesn't and it's not fair to people who really are autistic.

thorjansen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesentinelsson.blogspot.com
Just confirming that turnaroundmedia.com is not turnaroundmedia.org.

The former was run by a guy named Duwayne McClendon, who is a web designer and programmer who now bases himself out of his new site at http://www.duwaynewebpro.net. He still lives in the Bay Area and is hopefully not still pissing off his customers.

The latter's domain records are hidden behind a wall of privacy at GoDaddy, but the server itself is hosted in Toronto. That of course doesn't mean the company itself is located in Canada. But it seems kinda funny that their New York address, at 625 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018, is the same as the Port Authority of NY and NJ. The Capistrano Valley and Seattle offices, addresses not listed, are likely just sales people's homes or office space.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I find this kind of assumption far too prevalent online. People who have aspergers are no more likely to be idiots than other people. Generally speaking, their communication problems are *verbal* and they tend to be pretty logical/fact oriented.

So please people, do not ever think that acting like an idiot = autistic. It doesn't and it's not fair to people who really are autistic.

Thank you. I posted a similar comment up there ^^ but I don't think anyone noticed.

I was a teacher of autistic children; I also have a son with autism.

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
My apologies about the Aspberger's remark. It referred to the TWA person, whomever he or she is, having a seeming inability to comprehend what was being said and what that meant. But that could certainly be attributable to nastiness or stubborness.

-Ann C. Crispin

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I have also taught autistic children and have a friend who is autistic. I agree, the stereotypes around autism are quite false and, in fact, my friend gets annoyed at many of the media portrayals of autism.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Here's a question: Do those idiots people at The Writeong Agenda actually believe the things they say?

Seems I'm a little late to the party. I didn't realize all this nonsense was going on. I've been living in a state of naivete it seems.

ETA: Interesting. I made a response to their Boycott List and figured they would just delete it without it ever seeing the light of day, but it's actually there with their own response.

Last edited:

chopper

Steven Poore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stevenpoore.wordpress.com
The Wrong Agenda

I've been away from this forum for a long time. I'm just dropping by to mention that I too am disgusted by The Write Agenda and its stance - in particular - on book-burning. So disgusted, that I decided to ask them how a bunch of "wordsmiths" could possibly condone such actions. I asked that question, via Twitter, every day for 2 weeks. Two things happened: 1) They walled up their Twitter feed to stop outsiders reading those questions. Cool - only preaching to the perverted now. 2) They removed that farcical bookburning page (though not before I screenshotted it). 3) They replied and apologised humbly....

Oh, wait, that last one never happened. :D

Now they ain't even publishing their "weekly bestseller" lists either. Maybe C Lee Nunn has just decided the whole thing was a bad idea.

Bullies never prosper. Cheats deserve what they get. Cowards have to live with the shame for all time. :snoopy:

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Some of those companies that take jobs from scams ought to picture themselves as if the scam was a murder that the DA was prosecuting. After all, even if you're only the getaway driver, you're still guilty of the crime and get to pay for it just as well. While it may be true that it's unlikely, it could still work out that way if they encounter an overzealous DA.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Isn't this precious? If the Write Agenda randomly adds you its so-called "untraditionally published authors best seller list," you can now download your very own badge.

(Where's the badge for boycotted authors? I want one.)

photoshop-trick-badge-award151212.jpg

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I only boycott cool authors so I'll probably boycott you all too.

All the cool kids are being boycotted these days.