• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Write Agenda

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just picked up this little nugget from one of Victoria's tweets today.

Wow, that is so precious! I'll come up with a proper "Why I Should Be Boycotted" comment for that post after I work on some more homework and go to my one class of the day.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, both. I'm not affiliated with Writer Beware and showing my support and appreciation is all I can offer; I'm pleased I can do that much.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
Just picked up this little nugget from one of Victoria's tweets today.

That reminded me of something Samuel Johnson once said - 'I have provided you with an argument. I am not also obliged to provide you with an understanding'.

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
I just read the "Reluctant Authors" blog, and I laughed so hard my cat got offended and went away. All I can say is, in a battle of words, writers make deadly enemies. Y'all are hilarious!

Interesting that there hasn't been a peep out of TWA all week...

-Ann C. Crispin

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, both. I'm not affiliated with Writer Beware and showing my support and appreciation is all I can offer; I'm pleased I can do that much.

Oops. I mistakenly responded to your post. I was actually responding to the "League of Reluctant Adults" post in which they asked people to post comments about why they should be boycotted. I'll be commenting directly to that post since all the cool people are doing it, too. :D

I suppose the main point remains. I know what you mean about Writer Beware. I am happy that I discovered Writer Beware very early in life (thirteen), early enough that I would be aware of how things worked before I was old enough and advanced enough in my writing endeavors to start submitting and looking for agents/publishers. I haven't been doing as many scammer-related posts anywhere lately. The whole debacle with The Write Agenda is making me consider starting that up again.

I've also showed appreciation over the years by purchasing books by the Writer Beware founders and people who have done similar work. I own three of Victoria Strauss's books (one used because it was purchased before the new editions of Arm of the Stone and Garden of the Stone were published), one of Ann Crispin's, and three of Uncle Jim Macdonald's (two of them with Debra Doyle). And thanks to the boycott lists, there are more than a few more must-read authors I either forgot about or hadn't been aware of before now.

ETA: Comment for League of Reluctant Adults is now posted. :D

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

Registered
Reaction score
They peeped on Ripoff Report, where they filed a complaint about me some months back.

- Victoria

Yeah, that was the "nugget" I posted earlier. I was dumbfounded by their audacity in filing that complaint. I'm aware that nothing that group does should surprise me, but I'm old and this type of behavior still gives me an initial 'WTF!' moment.

Last edited:

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
I just read the "Reluctant Authors" blog, and I laughed so hard my cat got offended and went away. All I can say is, in a battle of words, writers make deadly enemies. Y'all are hilarious!

Hilarity in service of virtue is nothing to laugh at! On the other hand, I guess it is. ;)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
by strange coincidence TWA came up in a search recently (an AW search). So they're getting hits off the AW name.

Enjoyed reading a few 'articles'. very, em, entertaining.

ps, what's all that 'Disney stole my pirate ideas' stuff? sounds wacko.

Last edited:

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
I see they're deleting comments on their FB page. I guess this means I won't get an answer as to whether or not wearing a paper bag over my head was optional or required attire for the book burning... :cry:

~Brian Parkinson~

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think they now have too many potential boycottees to efficiently maintain their boycott list. Doesn't mean we all should stop trying to get on there.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I see they're deleting comments on their FB page.

Their Twitter feed was last updated on the third, then vanished completely a couple of days ago. The vanishing act is slow though, and there is still the ridiculous website... It's interesting to see where their priorities are in cleaning up behind themselves.

Ari Meermans

Registered
Reaction score
I see they're deleting comments on their FB page. I guess this means I won't get an answer as to whether or not wearing a paper bag over my head was optional or required attire for the book burning... :cry:

~Brian Parkinson~

:roll: You tickled mah funny bone!

I think they now have too many potential boycottees to efficiently maintain their boycott list. Doesn't mean we all should stop trying to get on there.

I was thinking about this and wondering whether the onslaught of negative attention we've generated would prevent Write Agenda adding any of us to the boycott list. Maybe, maybe not. Dunno. But it wouldn't make me stop trying to get on the list.

But then, anyone with enough presence of mind to perform a search on Write Agenda will find this thread. This is good. :D

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! It looks like their list (noted as updated today, Oct. 8) is now drastically shorter rather than longer. Guess we'll all have to try even harder now to get on there.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Okay, so now people are calling the pound sign (you know, the number symbol: #) a hashmark?

Tweeted, and used the pound sign. Still don't completely understand why the world needs effin' Twitter, but there it is.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so now people are calling the pound sign (you know, the number symbol: #) a hashmark?

You mean the octothope? (Also, it's been called a hash mark for quite a long time.)

Tweeted, and used the pound sign. Still don't completely understand why the world needs effin' Twitter, but there it is.
Tell ya, if I had to choose between FB and Twitter, I'd take twitter any day.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Americans, I think, call it the pound sign. Commonwealth/UK-ers call it the hash sign since they use metric, not pounds.