A Life of Crime and Chocolate

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
All this talk of sport reminds me of how bad my country, Scotland, sucks at every sport going. Is that even possible? Football, rugby, cricket etc. The only thing we are remotely good at is tennis - thank you Andy Murray!

Anywho, this next week and probably weekend too, don't think I'll have any time to write. Coursework and Christmas shopping. I think the only thing that is keeping me going at this present time is Christmas. And that advent calendar I've bought...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I just had to say, my weekend was awesome! Not only did I frighten some trainspotters, but my actor-blokey whom I adore and who is actually the muse for my MC in my WIP actually gave up his lunch hour at the convention to have drinks with me. It was so lovely and relaxed, just chatting about work etc, and we had a great laugh throughout the weekend. Plus we met Craig Charles from Red Dwarf, who signed an autograph to Frankenstein the cat. It's his first autograph, my little geek kitty!

Even got a few hundred words written whilst waiting in between photo ops and stuff. And, actor-blokey asked if I'd go to a couple of other appearances he's doing, one back in Birmingham in May, but better still, one in Madrid in March. So I have part of the flights booked, and just going to book the hotel now.

Happy bunny.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Thanks, guys. I hope the rest of the week is better. But I don't know.

Sorry to hear this, Silver. Be good to yourself. :Hug2:

My writing has also just been...ugh lately; I have no idea why.

Sometimes the writing is ugh. Consider it part of the process - the good words will return.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Reminder: Today is Blake's day to have testing done. Please pray for French Maiden and her boy.

Thinking about you, French...

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reminder: Today is Blake's day to have testing done. Please pray for French Maiden and her boy.

Praying for you all and sending positive thoughts.:Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score

Naw, thanks for rmembering guys. Thats really special.

Blake did an absolutely amazing job yesterday. He was a perfect angel while he was fasting for his General Anasthetic for the MRI (because he is so young he cant keep perfectly still for the length of time required for the MRI, so has to be put under every time he has an MRI.)
He had his breakfast and was fasting from 7am and wasnt aloud fluids after 11am. He was taken in at 1.30pm.

He had a first. He put himself to sleep. He held the strawberry mask (The gas mask that has a strawberry fragrance) on his face himself while he was going to sleep. It was the sweetest thing ever. Melted my heart. It used to take 3-5 nurses to hold him down just to get him to breathe the gas. This just goes to show how far he has come. Of course, I wish he never had to get used to it, or get so confident in himself and the doctors that he wants to do it himself. But it is what it is. He is such a little trooper.

Scans went well and he woke up so happy and cheerful.

We just got back from Ronald McDonald House today. There was a massive storm while we were away.

I didnt think to check the weather for while we were away. It's meant to be summer in 2 days. Clearly the weather man didnt get the memo. I came home to my trampoline rolled around my backyard adn tree limbs scattering the front yard. Never mind, at least the fences are still up.

We get the results of the MRI next Wednesday.

I havnt been very active, and I apologise for that.
I've thrown myself into reading books to keep my mind off the scans and results.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done Blake!! What a little champion!

:Hug2:FM! We're all praying for the best results of that MRI.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So glad it went well, French. :Hug2: And don't apologize for not being around. You've got stuff going on, and we totally understand that. Thinking about you.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Glad you and Blake made it through the scans. Kids can be astonishing, really - mine is always the strongest when I least expect it of her.

Hang in there. We are all thinking of you.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my friends, I'm leaving you for a week. Behave. Other Eyes are Watching. :e2steer: :D

Hope everyone has a good week.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my friends, I'm leaving you for a week. Behave. Other Eyes are Watching. :e2steer: :D

Hope everyone has a good week.

A whole week? Whatever will we do?:evil

Have a great time, HJ.:Hug2: