A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, ladies. :eek: The sprier of the two cats got a steroid shot that might help--if it does, it could give us a few more years (but could give him diabetes. Blech). The older one is just so decrepit. I very nearly called them last week, he was so bad, but then he rebounded a bit. So... I dunno. :( He's got arthritis so badly, and diabetes, and asthma, and he's terminally grumpy. I love that cat more than anyone.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, HJ. Sending loads of best wishes to you and your kitties. But to second what's already been said, 17 is a really good age and you've obviously been a great kitty mum. Hugs.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HJ, and French. No words, just :Hug2:'s

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
-hugs to HJ- I really hope your cats get better soon.

-hugs to French- I really don't think you should worry yourself over it. It really wasn't your fault.

--

Well, I have a bit more reading to do before I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get it all done. I t would probably makes things easier if I can get it done. :ROFL:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
THanks everyone, I'm feeling much better now. There isnt a little body on the road outside my house any more. Either something ate it in the middle of the night or some kind person gave him the burial he deserved or tossed him in the garbage - either way I'm glad he's not there any more.

I've got bigger fish to fry now.
Tomorrow my I'm being interviewed by the Mandurah Mail - It's the local newspaper, it reaches people in the city as well as all surrounding suburbs and town for about 20km.

McHappy Day is on the 10th November (well it is here in Australia) and because we're long term residents of Ronald McDonald House in Perth (The only RMH in the state), we are being interviewed on hte importance of donating and what a difference ron mac has made to our lives, and why we needed it in the first place (For my son while he was having his treatment).

I'm a little nervous, they are coming to the house to take pics of me and the kids after school gets out. Thank goodness Blake is having a whole day at school, so I can clean before they arrive.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
This is a video that we participated in.

Little Kate is the girl with curly hair with her Dad, she 's Blake's second girlfriend :) They met while staying at RMH. I'm the one on my own (Francine Leach) because Blake was in a mood and wanted to play rather than sit with me while I talked to a camera lol.

He's a little star in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BF-Qon4bU

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful video, French. I didn't really realize how big Ronald McDonald Houses could be. When I was in college, I went to a residence hall conference, and our regional executive board's service project was to help one of the local houses do a thorough top to bottom cleaning. It was just a two bedroom row house, like anyone would live. I thought they were all like that to make it feel like a home rather than a hotel.

Ivin1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi therre, umm, I'm happily married with a newborn son and two amusing Jack Russells. Own my own bix which I run with pride and pleasure, and question, uh, what bands do you like? I guess that's a fair question right lol? Who does'nt like music?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:welcome:

Hi therre, umm, I'm happily married with a newborn son and two amusing Jack Russells. Own my own bix which I run with pride and pleasure, and question, uh, what bands do you like? I guess that's a fair question right lol? Who does'nt like music?

Nice to meet you!

How newborn is your son? Are you at the "Oh, he's so cute when he giggles!" stage, or are you still at the "I have this vague memory that sleep was something I used to do every once in a while" stage?

Are there any unamusing Jack Russells?

Lots of music lovers around here. Me, I listen to a lot of trance/dance music - good for the Horrible Day Job, as well as for writing. Of course, I also have a huge alt/pop collection from the 1990s, so make of that what you will.

Nice to meet you!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

How newborn is your son? Are you at the "Oh, he's so cute when he giggles!" stage, or are you still at the "I have this vague memory that sleep was something I used to do every once in a while" stage?

Haha cracked up at this.

Welcome and enjoy.

Music, yes well who doesnt like it.

Me, myself, I like a bit of R&B. Mostly Pop though.
I'm a huge balad fan. I really love P!nk (going to her concert next year with my sister in Perth, Australia).

I really enjoy old stuff, Queen, Abba, the beach boys etc.
I dont mind some 80s and 90s stuff either. I grew up in the 90s but have an older sister who grew up in the 80s, so I grew up with 80s music too.

WBU?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful video, French. I didn't really realize how big Ronald McDonald Houses could be. When I was in college, I went to a residence hall conference, and our regional executive board's service project was to help one of the local houses do a thorough top to bottom cleaning. It was just a two bedroom row house, like anyone would live. I thought they were all like that to make it feel like a home rather than a hotel.

When I first heard of RMH, I thought it was a 4x2. This particular RMH has 12 rooms in the actual house and then another 6 units with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, and loungeroom - These are where Blake and I stay when we are there for treatment because we are there for months at a time.

Even with housing 18 families at any one time, the amount of families they have to turn away is tremendous. It's hard to think there are that many sick kids.

The childrens hospital is moving to be placed next to an adults hospital in 2015 RMH have to move with it. They are trying to raise money to build this new bigger better house that will house 45 families at any one time.

As much as it looks like a hotel, it most certainly doesnt feel like one. It is the friendliest homiest place I would ever want to be. I look forward to going each and every time we have to stay. I get a better night sleep there then I do in my own home. I feel safe when I am in the walls of RMH.

As I said in the video. The people are more than staff, they're my family.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

Little Kate is the girl with curly hair with her Dad, she 's Blake's second girlfriend :) They met while staying at RMH. I'm the one on my own (Francine Leach) because Blake was in a mood and wanted to play rather than sit with me while I talked to a camera lol.

French, what a beautiful video. You are lovely and Blake is such a handsome guy! He looks like he's having so much fun. :)

:welcome: Ivin! Yep, everyone likes music! My all-time favorite band is the now-mostly (and sadly)-defunct The Bridge. But I'll take some Jackie Greene any day. How about you?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ivin! Welcome to the MTS forum. :)

Music wise? Anything and everything really, except country as that gives me flashbacks to my childhood (relatives would listen to nothing else...)

I'm just back from the vet. That's both kitties checked and cleared for takeoff on Tuesday. Lil American cat got an EU passport so he's a European now. He also had to get re-microchipped because the US chips are only compatible with certain types of reader, and so just to be on the safe side we gave him an EU one that'll read on everything. So we're wondering if we'll be able to pick up 4G with him now...

All that's left to do is get the passports franked by the state vet of the Czech Republic then we are (hopefully) ready to fly. I'm having a couple of hours' rest now before heading out to my last ever shift with the ghost tours. I feel a little sad, except when I remember how much I hate doing tours... ;)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

What an inspirational video, French. And Blake is a real cutie pie.

Hi Ivin1. :welcome:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
My poor kitty is sick. She is one of the strays we took in. Sweet thing. Bad infection in her female parts. Had to have emergency spay surgery. :( It went well though, so hopefully I can bring her home tomorrow.

Enough of that... HI Irvin1, welcome to M/T/S!

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no poor puss, no body wants an infection in their lady parts.

Welcome Irvin1

I've just got back from a fantastic weekend with my one and only big sister.

We went to a bar and got hammered had a dance. she got hit on by an old man and all the while someone was trying to pick me up, grinding me etc etc. He was very dissapointed because I didnt even glance at him lol. The poor love.

Sissy spent the night at my place, the next night we had a nice BBQ at her place.
Just got home :)

Love the quality time with my sister.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Okay, didn't know where else to post this. I spent yesterday down in San Antonio riding around with my new technical adviser for my new series. She took me to a lot of the places where there had been murders and floaters found. The scary thing is, she just sent me this link and we were less than 100 yards from where the body was found today!!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...692.php?cmpid=emailarticle&cmpid=emailarticle

You can see some pics of the area in my new blog post:

http://bit.ly/SrajJU