HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Thanks for your good thoughts all!

HJ get better soon!

Shakes, hope that meeting goes well and how awesome of you to be concerned about the students in all of this.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I broke down and wrote some in one of my WIPs. It got me a little further along in it. So, that's good I guess. But I'm not going to stress on myself to write something either. I might also just bring down the amount of words I try to write, again to add less stress to myself.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
I know you guys totally don't care, but I just wanted to point out what a gorgeous day it was to take a motorcycle ride through the northern Flint Hills and the Tall Grass prairie of Kansas.

*so relaxed*

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not one for motorcycles, but that does sound nice JMC.

I've got a doctor's appointment for wednesday to find out
- 1. if I'm up the Duff.......
and
-2 because I found a lump in my breast. Need to make sure it's nothing scary.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score

*hugs* Both my mom and I have been through this. Hers was scary, mine was only scary because hers had been but ended up being nothing.

Be thinking of you.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
THis is going to sound crazy, but I'm not too worried about it. I feel like if my 5 year old can deal with it then so can I. He's my inspiration for life. He's my role model. He takes it in his stride and so shall I, what ever it may be :)

Thanks all for the thoughts and wishes x

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not one for motorcycles, but that does sound nice JMC.

I've got a doctor's appointment for wednesday to find out
- 1. if I'm up the Duff.......
and

Good heavens. You need, deserve, some great good news for once. Praying!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
FM, joining HJ in praying.

I've deferred retirement. I told the head. He hugged me. Told the head of faculty. He hugged me. I had so many hugs this morning. I knew I had made the right decision when I carefully explained a piece of an assessment to a pupil and he looked at me and explained it back correctly. The look on his face that he could actually understand and do the work meant a lot.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
What a feeling, Shakes! I give huge kudos to teachers. It's an invaluable service, and a lot of sacrifice.

(I teach children's church and can. Not. Imagine. Doing it all week long.)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it didn't work out, Silver. You can always come back to it. What kind of classes are you taking?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I've done the same with my previous WIP Silver, I havnt callen it quite, I've just put it away for a time I feel in a better place to continue with it.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
SilMi, just make sure the break isn't too long. When I started college, I tried to keep up with my writing until finally it just fell by the wayside. It was 8 years before I picked it back up again and I feel like I could be so much further if I had managed to work it in.

Of course classes are important, but they're not all there is.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sending you lots of positive thoughts, French Maiden. :Hug2:

I've deferred retirement. I told the head. He hugged me. Told the head of faculty. He hugged me. I had so many hugs this morning. I knew I had made the right decision when I carefully explained a piece of an assessment to a pupil and he looked at me and explained it back correctly. The look on his face that he could actually understand and do the work meant a lot.
I think you (and all teachers) deserve a hug too, Shakesbear. Not everyone has the calling, or the patience to bring light to young (and old) minds.:Hug2:

Sometimes a WIP needs to be trunked, at least for a while, Silver-Midnight. Enjoy your break and come back to writing refreshed and ready to go.;)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

You are one of those teachers that makes a difference. Had a few in my life - I will never forget them. What you are doing is marvelous.

We just had an earthquake here. Not much to it - I doubt we could feel it for more than a few seconds. Sort of like "EARTHQUAAAAAAAAA - oh, wait, it's done."

I always forget we're sitting on a bunch of fault lines in New England. Little ones, but still.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to be in an earthquake all my life, but living in Kansas and Missouri, I always thought it would take the Big One in the Boot Heel of Missouri (we actually had earthquake drills when I was in grade school on the opposite side of the state).

I never imagined that I would experience it living up near Kansas City, KS. For the Americans, remember those earthquakes that Oklahoma was experiencing a few months back? Ok, maybe it was a few, but it was some time this past spring. The largest of those earthquakes was actually large enough to felt up here, about 300 miles away.

It happened at night. I had just gone to bed after reading the latest news, and was actually asleep. But then I felt my bed rocking, and the first thought that popped into my mind was, "Boy, Cacher (my dog) sure is scratching at fleas hard." It wasn't but a moment later that I realized that Cacher was locked up in his pen, downstairs, and even if he were on my bed, he wouldn't be capable of making my wine glasses clank on their shelves. "Did I just experience an earthquake?"

Fortunately, I had been writing in bed, so I had my lap top sitting on the floor next to my bed. So, I did what any interested person would do and went to the USGS website to their map of Earthquakes. I felt disappointment roll through me as I saw that there had been no earthquakes in the previous day, let alone the past five minutes. But, since I was on the website I poked around a little bit and by the time I returned to the map, there it was! Excitement ensued.

Just wish I were more awake and on the ground floor so I could really feel and pay attention to the waves. :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to be in an earthquake all my life, but living in Kansas and Missouri, I always thought it would take the Big One in the Boot Heel of Missouri (we actually had earthquake drills when I was in grade school on the opposite side of the state).

I never imagined that I would experience it living up near Kansas City, KS. For the Americans, remember those earthquakes that Oklahoma was experiencing a few months back? Ok, maybe it was a few, but it was some time this past spring. The largest of those earthquakes was actually large enough to felt up here, about 300 miles away.

It happened at night. I had just gone to bed after reading the latest news, and was actually asleep. But then I felt my bed rocking, and the first thought that popped into my mind was, "Boy, Cacher (my dog) sure is scratching at fleas hard." It wasn't but a moment later that I realized that Cacher was locked up in his pen, downstairs, and even if he were on my bed, he wouldn't be capable of making my wine glasses clank on their shelves. "Did I just experience an earthquake?"

Fortunately, I had been writing in bed, so I had my lap top sitting on the floor next to my bed. So, I did what any interested person would do and went to the USGS website to their map of Earthquakes. I felt disappointment roll through me as I saw that there had been no earthquakes in the previous day, let alone the past five minutes. But, since I was on the website I poked around a little bit and by the time I returned to the map, there it was! Excitement ensued.

Just wish I were more awake and on the ground floor so I could really feel and pay attention to the waves. :)

My step dad has this thing with cyclones (The Australian version of a Tornado). He would love to experience one... on the condition that he knew in advance that he was going to be okay and alive after it.
I think he's crazy personally, I done even like the winter storms I get living on the coast, but what can I say? I'm a wuss.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
My step dad has this thing with cyclones (The Australian version of a Tornado). He would love to experience one... on the condition that he knew in advance that he was going to be okay and alive after it.
I think he's crazy personally, I done even like the winter storms I get living on the coast, but what can I say? I'm a wuss.

Eathquakes, yes. Volcanoes, yes (kinda sorta been there), hurricanes, yes. Tornadoes? Hell no. They scare the bejeezes out of me and I've lived in KS most my life! I keep an old motorcycle helmet in my tornado corner, just in case.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
You have a tornado corner?
I have bottled water...... Like heaps adn heaps of the stuff, When people come over and ask why I have it, I tell them that if the world blows up, I'll live and they wont coz I was prepared with my bottled water lol.

I've never been through anything remotely scary in relation to natural disatsters. Up north (The Kimerbeys and The Northern Terrirory get them alot, so do over east (Queensland), yeah before last there was flash floods over east that washed away whole towns, the water was higher than 2 story houses in parts.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Sooo, I had my doctors appointment today. She did a urine pregnancy test first up.............
It cam up possitive straight up and after letting out a few choise curse words and face palming myself a million times I nearly passed out with shock. Only to find out that the test had somehow changed from a possitive to an incolclusive. I had a blood test and will get the results on Friday.

The doc thinks the lump in my boob is possibly hormone related and we're going to have a closer look on Friday.