A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Strange week. Covering the lessons for a 'sick' teacher. Really enjoyed it. Why strange? I've been asked to consider deferring my retirement to stay at the school. Now in a quandary . . . dunno what to do.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
What do you WANT to do, Shakes?

My cold appears to be strep in disguise. :e2bummed:

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations no matter what you decide, Shakes. That's quite a compliment.

Feel better, Jude!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Aww HJ, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
Have you tried echinacia? It's a herbal thing, it helps your immune system fight things like the common cold etc, i find it really reduces the length of time I'm out for the count when I'm overcome with a cold or flu.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
Just spent the past three hours putting together a power point on GPS units (still not done) when really I would have rather been writing.

C'est la vie.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
After writing 1000 words this morning, paying bills and doing some early christmas shopping, I'm going to order pizza and sit back with my 4 legged BFF (Freya) and watch DVDs.

Hows everyone elses day/night been?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

Aww HJ, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
Have you tried echinacia? It's a herbal thing, it helps your immune system fight things like the common cold etc, i find it really reduces the length of time I'm out for the count when I'm overcome with a cold or flu.

I haven't. Usually I rely on Zicam, but it makes me so sleepy I can't drive. I'll get some echinacia. Thanks!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
After writing 1000 words this morning, paying bills and doing some early christmas shopping, I'm going to order pizza and sit back with my 4 legged BFF (Freya) and watch DVDs.

Hows everyone elses day/night been?

Mine has only just started. I took some painkillers for cramps and back pain this morning and they knocked me right out, but it was a very nice sleep.

Got up though to find my hotmail account has been hacked and is spamming people, including my boss, who is mad at me because she doesn't understand that it wasn't me sending her emails. At least she's only my boss for another couple of weeks...

And yesterday we finally got confirmation that the cats can go on the flight. So just waiting now for the money for the removal people to transfer from my UK to my Czech bank account, and I'll be much happier when that appears as I'm really scared there's been a mistake and it's gone astray, but then that's us nearly ready to go.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Strange week. Covering the lessons for a 'sick' teacher. Really enjoyed it. Why strange? I've been asked to consider deferring my retirement to stay at the school. Now in a quandary . . . dunno what to do.

Congrats, Shakes. I think it's wonderful that you can decide exactly what you want to do. :) Have they given you plenty of time to think about it?

Meh. I think I'm going to go to bed soon. I'm honestly kind of tired. I also still feel just a little sick. :(

Aw. :( Hope you and HJ feel better soonest.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
So, I might get something done...

Don't know that it'll be writing.

And whether it gets done or not will depend on whether or not a friend decides to take me storm chasing.

So, I'll either have fun, or I'll get something done. :)

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
So did not get anything productive done today, and we didn't get the storms either. Bummer.

I'd say that tomorrow will be different, but there's a stage production of Wizard of Oz I want to go to.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well I had quite the scare. My 81 yr old mom had a stroke Thursday night. Totally out of it, yesterday somewhat better. Today she was talking and asked for paper so she could write. Amazing.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well I had quite the scare. My 81 yr old mom had a stroke Thursday night. Totally out of it, yesterday somewhat better. Today she was talking and asked for paper so she could write. Amazing.

Oh, how awful! Great to hear she's improving, though - I hope she continues making rapid progress.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. The fact that she's asking for pen and paper shows she's doing really well. I hope she continues to show improvments.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
HJ hope you are feeling better.

HS hope your mum gets well.

What do you WANT to do, Shakes?

Congratulations no matter what you decide, Shakes. That's quite a compliment.
!

Congrats, Shakes. I think it's wonderful that you can decide exactly what you want to do. :) Have they given you plenty of time to think about it?

Since posting things became clearer for me. The situation is not a pleasant one but it would be inappropriate, from a professional and possibly legal aspect, for me to explain fully what is going on. There is a meeting tomorrow, Monday, morning between managers and the colleague who has created the situation and the outcome of that will decide what I do. I will tell the head that I will defer retirement if it would help to resolve the situation. It would mean, possibly, me baby sitting a colleague, which I would not be comfortable with. I would do it though as it would give her some breathing space and ensure the pupils were taught adequately. Anyway . . .

I had a lovely day out yesterday, lunch with a friend then we went to a very upmarket craft fair. I got a new hand bag, black suede and slinky.

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for new bags.
I need a new one. I've got a Guess bag, I got it thinking you pay for quality, right? Wrong.
Havn't had it 4 months and already the stitching is coming undone.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
History, so glad your mom is doing okay! How scary. :(

Shakes, how long would you have to defer for?

I'm still in quarantine. Wish I could say I felt better, but not yet...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Good question HJ! After I had taught at the school for one day they asked if I would do until the week after half term. By Friday and four days of teaching they were talking end of term - that is a week before Christmas. At the moment I am booked in until Wednesday. I am expensive to hire! Until the meeting tomorrow I honestly do not know what is going to happen.

HJ hope you start to feel better soon. Not nice being in quarantine.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Well good luck at the meeting then. And good for you for being expensive! :D

And thanks! Surely this can't last forever...

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
History, sorry to head about your mom, but I'm glad she's feeling better!

Shakes, I'm sorry that the situation isn't as positive as it first sounded. :-(. Hopefully it works out.

I'm off to see the Wizard today, but hopefully I can get something done this morning and evening. If I don't ill have to skip my writers group tomorrow, but seeing how they've sorta made me mad, I'm not feeling that there'd be much of a loss.