A Life of Crime and Chocolate

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It's been such a long time since I've been on the forum.

Last time I was here my son had just relapsed and I didnt know what to do about the puppy I was meant to be getting.

My son had his surgery to resect his tumor and he went on to have 30 sessions of radiation on his whole spine and brain.

He is doing ok atm, but they have found another tumor. He has scans in 2 weeks to see what is going on with this new one.

THe breeder of the pupo I was going to get, decided that she didnt want us to get the pup, which was probably a blessing in disguise.

We did however get a husky cross Bull mastiff pup after my son's treatment finished and before we found this new tumor.
My son wished for her. She's amazing and exactly what my family needed.

As for my writing, I hadnt written anything in over 6 months. I finished my writing course with AMAZING grades. (yay me lol), and the other day was struck with inspiration so have written a first synopses for a potential new something. It is the first bit of writing I've done for leisure in such a long time, and I feel so great about it.

I really wish I had some chocolate cake or ice cream, I feel like indulging lol.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: French! It's so good to see you! (((hugs))) I'm sorry about the other tumor, but so very glad about the dog (pics please!) and your grades! :hooray: How you could do that while facing your son's illness, I don't know. You're a strong, brave woman.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Hey French! I don't have the words to express what I feel reading your post. Your strength shines through. Lots of hugs and vibes.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hello, French - it's nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear about your son - many good thoughts heading your way.

It sounds like you've found a wonderful new family member in that puppy. Animals can feed the spirit like nothing else.

Chocolate-wise...the most important question is: nuts, or no nuts?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
THanks everyone, I really appreciate the thoughts and well wishes.

In regards to the chocolate, as much as I'd love crushed nuts on an ice cream sunday (OMG, I want one now!!!) my son is allergic. Dang allergies. So no nuts in hte house for us :'(

Now for piccys of my perfect little princess, who is in fact the farthest thing from a princess you could ever get.
She's crazy, she's insane, she does the funniest things that keep us laughing all day long. She's such a character and we are so lucky to have found her.

As I said before she's a Siberian Husky cross Bull Mastiff. She's a big girl at 26lb and only 4 and a half months old. She doesnt look mush like either breed, and is quite a nice combination of the 2.

Freya, the day we brought her home.
FREYABorn20-4-2012010.jpg

Blake (My son) and his new found best friend.
FREYABorn20-4-2012091.jpg

Freya 12 weeks old.
FREYABorn20-4-2012160.jpg

Freya and my younger son.
FREYABorn20-4-2012202.jpg

Really wanting to join the boys in the bath.
FREYABorn20-4-2012354.jpg

Freya just the other day.
FREYABorn20-4-2012349.jpg

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Awww French - lovely pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

Oh my goodness! She is adorable and so are your boys! What sweetness. I'm so glad you found her--and I bet she's awfully glad she found you. :)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:French. Good to have you back!

:Hug2:'s to brave (and beautiful) Blake and :Hug2:'s to his courageous mom.

As I said before she's a Siberian Husky cross Bull Mastiff. She's a big girl at 26lb and only 4 and a half months old. She doesnt look mush like either breed, and is quite a nice combination of the 2.

I loved this. I guess the Husky side is winning. :D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
As soon as I held her in my arms, I knew she was the one. she felt right. She was made for this family.
She is going to go stay with my mum nad step-dad if we have to go back to perth for more treatment for my son.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, French. Keeping my fingers crossed for your son's next scan and sending your family lots of :Hug2:'s and positive thoughts.

Love the pics. That pup is enough to make anyone smile. She's gorgeous.:D

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
hehe, she really does, she's my 3rd baby. If i could get away with it I'd say she's genetically mine, but unfortuantelly it's kind of obvious she's not :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Liz. I think she's pretty special. she's spending the week with her BFF A retriever cross Spaniel (my boy's dad's dog) who is 6 weeks older than her.
We are on holiday atm, we are spending a few days down south before we go for my son's scans in 6 days.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Just FYI, guys, I have to take a short break from the internet. I'll be back this weekend.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

:roll:

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Just FYI, guys, I have to take a short break from the internet. I'll be back this weekend.

Have a good time.

Yeh, like we would . . .

OK - I have heard tell that HJ keeps a very special and very secret stash of chocolate hidden around here . . . who is up for going on a chocolate hunt? Only, I'll tell you know there is no way I am going into the secret cellar . . .

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Posted the same post twice . . . meh, who knows why?

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

*pulls in portable bar*

*stocks bar with bottles of single malt, SA wines, vodka, gin, brandy and rum*

*puts snacks, cakes and chocolate on tables*

*rolls in sound system*

*stacks up cd's* *cues up 'Best of the 60's'*

Time to rock and roooollll!!!!

:TheWave:

:D