A Life of Crime and Chocolate

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
I'm going to add speculaas and pepparkakor, since the season is soon upon us. Mm, and bullar.

Is anyone else hungry?
I think I need to step away before I grab something, anything, from the pantry and eat like there's no tomorrow. Stroopwafels are gone, but I'm pretty sure there's a pack of graham crackers at least.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I need to step away before I grab something, anything, from the pantry and eat like there's no tomorrow. Stroopwafels are gone, but I'm pretty sure there's a pack of graham crackers at least.

It's 2:35 in the morning here and I just had to raid my fridge. Cannot stop eating right now. Think it's because I'm over my cold - for some reason whenever I've been ill for a while, when I get better I have this spell of eating like a locust for a couple of days.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Had to make a quick trip to the grocery store and found pumpkin spice frozen waffles. I'm not a fan of the regular ones, but had to try the pumpkin ones. Love pumpkin. More than chocolate, I think. I don't like plain chocolate. It has to have stuff in it. Like bacon. And yes, I mean that in all seriousness.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I had the weirdest, busiest day yesterday. But today is going to be easy-peasy comparatively. And, better, there is good chocolate in the house again. ::breathes sigh of relief::

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Hate to break the news to you HJ.

Good chocolate = Milk chocolate

How do you think I became such a bitter old man?

Yeah, that's right. Dark Chocolate.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
If you're old, I am too, Doc. :tongue And I refuse to be old.

I quite like milk choc. if it's made with almond milk, just not cow's milk.

mmm... chocolate...

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate.

Heh. Now I'm staying on topic. I was going to write choclit in bold and large letters, then I looked at the word standing out like that and thought, no, better not.

So I'm planning on going to the city today and eating lunch at A Salt and Battery. It's an authentic Brit fish and chip shop. I haven't eaten there for months. Then I'm off to the Southstreet Seaport. If it's not too chilly there, I might grab a seat and do some writing. Anyway, as a scene in my novel is set at the seaport, I get to check a few things out.

:D

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I am in a quandary. Home from the first work I have had in months, it is cold, I am cold. Should I have a hot chocolate drink with sugar OR a large Glenlivet and soda OR both. Decisions decisions ...

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
MrWrite I followed your advice. Very good advice. Many thankings.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are such a bad influence - cleaning up in the kitchen today, emptied a shopping bag and found about a dozen chocolate bars in there. If it wasn't for all this talk of crime and chocolate I would never have bought them. Honest....

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
If it wasn't for all this talk of crime and chocolate I would never have...

Great story prompt!

I'm making chocolate chip cookies for my brand new neighbors, who tend to be quite loud. Some very clever soul suggested I dose it with sedatives. Not that I would ever... But it is tempting... :e2seesaw:

Anyone else have a story idea for Zelenka's prompt? :D

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Great story prompt!

I'm making chocolate chip cookies for my brand new neighbors, who tend to be quite loud. Some very clever soul suggested I dose it with sedatives. Not that I would ever... But it is tempting... :e2seesaw:

Anyone else have a story idea for Zelenka's prompt? :D

You have a scary, devious mind sometimes. And...wait..I'm meeting you next month??? :scared:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
If it wasn't for all this talk of crime and chocolate I would never have shot the local bakery owner for skimping on the Hershey chips in the cookies.

Chocolate for me lately consists of several tootsie pops. Ya, trying to quit smoking. On the bright side I haven't smoked since Tuesday but too many lolly pops probably isn't good either. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Keep at it HistorySleuth. Lolly pops are good if they help you stay away from the nicotine tubes.

If it wasn't for all this talk of crime and chocolate I would never have drowned my boss in a vat of molten chocolate for saying the only thing chocolate is good for is coating nuts. Well, she was a nut and now she is coated... muahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Awesome, both of you.

And History, big :Hug2: for quitting smoking. You can do it! :e2cheer:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Yay History. Much shaking of pompoms!

Trying to figure out whether to keep my MC as a police officer or change him to either a private detective or an expert of some sort. So far I've gone through three chocolate bars trying to figure out what would work best. Suppose it's better than pulling out my hair.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to figure out whether to keep my MC as a police officer or change him to either a private detective or an expert of some sort.

Perhaps I could interest you in a sparkly metrosexual teenage vampire?

No?

*Throws it back into a rather large pile.*

Dang. I'm never going to get rid of these. I knew I should have gone with the sparkly effeminate teenage vampires.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Yay History. Much shaking of pompoms!

Trying to figure out whether to keep my MC as a police officer or change him to either a private detective or an expert of some sort. So far I've gone through three chocolate bars trying to figure out what would work best. Suppose it's better than pulling out my hair.

Love it! The modern version of:
“It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes.”
From “The Red Headed League”, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Last edited: