A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, that sucks. I've had that happen to me. Can you move to another room? Or better, move them to another room? ;)

I was ready to move to a different COUNTRY by last night. :tongue

Add lock jaw toffee to your shopping list.

:D I like it! The boy would still talk--he's a force of nature, nothing can stop him--but it would work on the rest of them!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! Just wanted to give a wave from Crete. Sitting in a 5 star hotel right now, ready to start on a four day session of sightseeing and writing (by the poolside!) This is my attempt to unwind after the nuttiness of the last few months.

I just realised though that I'm very close to finishing my outline, and so since my book is all about Apollo 11 and revolves around the anniversary of the moon landings, I am going to start writing the book on July 16th, same day as the mission took off in '69! It's silly, I know, but what can I say, I'm a geek!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, the children and the husband and the animals appear to be engaged in a conspiracy to prevent me from writing.

Send help!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Lock Jaw toffee, super glue, rope, hand cuffs, various other implements for silencing noisy ones are on their way to you. Mind, you could just shout at them "Shurrup!!" thought it might scare the animals.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Once again, the children and the husband and the animals appear to be engaged in a conspiracy to prevent me from writing.

Send help!

I feel your pain. I sat down yesterday to write and the cat promptly decided she wanted to sit too. So the laptop comes off my lap and she jumps up instead.

It is very hard to type with one hand, and even harder when the other hand is petting the cat (totally almost wrote playing with pussy there :Ssh:).

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh the cats. It's always with them, isn't it? And now I have a small dog who emulates the cats' every move. So it's a rare moment I type without help. Last night I had to stomp off to the study and lock the door. Hey, it worked!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Always happy I'm single and living alone, you make me appreciate it anew.

Keeping myself busy, though not entirely away from the novel. Also working on the new one. I have more character ideas and an insight into how to make the research process a tad less nervous-making this time around. (Though I love research as I love drafting. Revising, not so much.) Started the research three months ago and have taken that back up again. I feel like a Real Writer with two projects in two stages. Been some time since I felt like a Real Writer. (No idea what it means; it's just a feeling.)

Have a fat list of agents, adding three with some clever shenanigans of googling. They think they can hide from me, but they can't! Set up a new email account (making five now, most of them set up to try and run away from spam) for submissions. Checking domain name availability for titles/pseudonyms. And otherwise doing the tasks auxiliary to writing that if we were rich and famous, we'd hire an assistant to do.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Lorna, living without other humans is a definite advantage for a writer! But no cat? I though that was mandatory!

:hi: Silver. I'm not writing either. But I will be!

I just killed someone. I think that makes thirteen so far?

Nice! ::applause::

Real life or fiction?

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Lorna, living without other humans is a definite advantage for a writer! But no cat? I though that was mandatory!

love cats and dogs, but see avatar, think: coyotes. I wouldn't love 'em for long, I'm afraid.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I love cats but do not have one. The last one (see avatar) wanted to do the writing bit. He was a really fast typist but his spelling was terrible. When I told him to try to improve it he looked me in the face and said "Miouw?"

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Bodies down a drain? Isn't there a nursery rhyme where something goes down the drain?

edit: ahhh misread your post NOT down the drain. Sensible not putting them there - so where will you put them? Disused septic tank?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Perhaps. Where's the strangest place you've ever hidden a body?*

* a question one can only ask on a writers' forum without getting seriously odd looks.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
I've never hidden one...not that I can recall. I did leave one on the ice of a skating rink. I always admired during hockey fights how bright the red blood was as it soaked into the ice, so I couldn't resist. Very pretty, in a macabre way.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever hidden a body, they are always in plain sight. I did once trip over a dead body. It was dark, on the edge of a field, and I was looking at the people I was with as we walked along chatting. The next thing I was lying face down with a very bad attack of the giggles.