A Life of Crime and Chocolate

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
MysteryRiter, I'm sorry you made it so close and got cut.

Apple cider donuts sound amazing. I had warm cider today while we took the family to a corn maze. I think they made it fool proof, because I don't see how we could have made it through without getting stuck at least once.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Mysteryriter, that sucks. You just have to take the positive that you got that far, and just keep going. But have some virtual chocolate in the meantime.

I need to go to the market at Havelska tomorrow and get some blackberries. Haven't made my blackberry cakes for ages. No cider mills near me. :(

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I will have some virtual chocolate. It's decided. I just sent out another batch of submissions. Hopefully, I will have more luck with this one.
Anyone like my new avie? It would work, right? Sometimes I feel that I need that extra push.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Right?
This pic was my blog post for the day. Hehe. It was actually more popular than the majority of my detailed posts and it got me three new followers. Oh the wonders of images...
You can call me Myst by the way

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Funny, Myst. :)

I got to my pumpkin seeds yesterday. :sword Mama is happy.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Are they chocolate covered pumpkin seeds? I am baking a plain chocolate cake. The whole house smells of chocolate.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
A cider mill? Oh wowowowowow!!! I love cyder. Do you have Aspalls cyder over there? It is wonderful!
I haven't seen it here.

HJ has reminded me that I forgot to make my chocolate-covered anything this weekend. Uh oh.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Feels like I've eaten nothing but chocolate all day. Been raking through an old folder I found on a portable harddrive, copies of notes, ideas and half done stories from years ago. Some are total pants. Others are actually quite good, only I have no idea what I was intending to do with the story and for many the notebooks are still in Scotland. Don't know if I've actually gone downhill in my writing or if it's just a case of being more distant from these things than my current WIPs.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen it here.

HJ has reminded me that I forgot to make my chocolate-covered anything this weekend. Uh oh.

See here: http://www.aspall.co.uk/ they export it to the west coast of America, and Australia, I think.

HJ no chocolate? That is so wrong. Shakes head in disbelief and goes to check the Chocolate Cupboard is still full... well almost . .

Zelenka I find it weird to look at things I wrote ages ago - I either understand them or wonder what I was drinking at the time.

The chocolate cake I baked earlier today was way too rich. Which means that I will have some for the rest of the week as I cannot forge myself on it. Am now going to check out chocolate buns. I feel I have to point out that this is all research for my WIP. Really, it is. The plot, well, part of the plot, is about a woman who steals a recipe (I know it has been done before) and uses it to kill someone (which may not have been done before..) So, would anyone like to try my chocolate cake? Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Joking aside, I normally don't eat a lot of sweet stuff, more savoury, but today I cannot stop eating chocolate. I think I'm on my fourth Papita bar (shortbread biscuit with chocolate on top and Smarties stuck on it) and I've had almost a box of those Kinder chocolate things. And I still want more......

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
HJ no chocolate? That is so wrong. Shakes head in disbelief and goes to check the Chocolate Cupboard is still full... well almost . .

Plenty of milk chocolate, but I'm vegan so that doesn't work. :(

The plot, well, part of the plot, is about a woman who steals a recipe (I know it has been done before) and uses it to kill someone (which may not have been done before..) So, wouldanyone like to try my chocolate cake? Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

:eek:

:gone:

:ROFL:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
My friend recently made a throwaway comment about combining chocolate with mystery fiction. Started off as a joke, but the story won't go away. Think it might be a contender for NaNo this year. Murder mystery involving lots of chocolate (though I can't call it the obvious - Death by Chocolate - because that's been done, excuse the pun, to death.)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
How about: Hot Chocolate Death :D

Maybe that's a bit too much...

I could always go classic Dr Who and call it 'Attack of the Evil Hot Chocolate of Death' ;)

Suppose maybe figuring out where it's set and what happens is possibly more of a priority than the title right now....

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
I devoured most of a box of stroopwafels after dinner. Like a fool, I found them on Amazon, so I'm now trying to convince myself I don't need a case of stroopwafels in the pantry.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I just wish I hadn't offered one to my husband. Not sure what I was thinking - that he'd hate it after taking a small bite and hand the rest back?
You were probably hoping he'd eat the rest and you could deny they ever existed, but that was a foolish delusion. :tongue