A Life of Crime and Chocolate

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
What's a "spread?" Is this some British term confusing me again? Is it like frosting/icing or are you getting into the realm where we should all go post answers over on erotica forum? That is, do you put it on your "puddings" or on your partner? I seriously don't know! link me!

I don't like coffee. I know, I know, but no matter how much you yell, I don't. Tea/cola for my caffeine, please. Or hot chocolate.

Last edited:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
okay, HJ, I knew the Brits were asleep by now, so I went to look it up. It's like thick frosting, sometimes with nuts or honey. They spread it on their "toast," by which I think they mean "toast." ;)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your Google-fu!

One thing I can't do is nuts in my chocolate. Ew.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
except for all of us, I hope, your delightful nutty writing friends who are in(to) chocolate.

The Funny Guy

Keep Laughing
Registered
Reaction score
What's the Ultimate Chocolate Spread?.....

And the WINNER IS!.....

Hey Jude - Melted Chocolate..... Ahhhh NO!
Mr Mitchell - Melted Chocolate..... I already said NO
Shakesbear - Cabury Bournville - OMG!!!!!!!! NO!....
Lorna W. - What's a spread? - If you don't know, I don't think you can win

So... that leaves DocBrown and what did he say? - NUTELLA!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION!!!! You know your chocolate spread!!!! For getting the right answer your gonna get a Million dollars. Don't ask me when but some how some where your gonna get a Million dollars.

YES!!!!! - It's NUTELLA

For those of you who have not tried it.... shame on you. STOP what your doing right now, get in your car, bicycle or walk to your nearest grocery store and buy one. If your grocery store doesn't carry it (sue them). Do what ever you have to do and go buy some NUTELLA - Pop the lid and say hello to Paradise!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your Google-fu!

One thing I can't do is nuts in my chocolate. Ew.

:roll:

In the UK nuts is sometimes used as a slang word for testicles. I just have a filthy mind and this made me laugh. Thanks HJ!

What's the Ultimate Chocolate Spread?.....

And the WINNER IS!.....

Hey Jude - Melted Chocolate..... Ahhhh NO!
Mr Mitchell - Melted Chocolate..... I already said NO
Shakesbear - Cabury Bournville - OMG!!!!!!!! NO!....
Lorna W. - What's a spread? - If you don't know, I don't think you can win

So... that leaves DocBrown and what did he say? - NUTELLA!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION!!!! You know your chocolate spread!!!! For getting the right answer your gonna get a Million dollars. Don't ask me when but some how some where your gonna get a Million dollars.

YES!!!!! - It's NUTELLA

For those of you who have not tried it.... shame on you. STOP what your doing right now, get in your car, bicycle or walk to your nearest grocery store and buy one. If your grocery store doesn't carry it (sue them). Do what ever you have to do and go buy some NUTELLA - Pop the lid and say hello to Paradise!

NOOOOO!!!! Nutella is - well, I don' like it and think it ought to be illegal. blech! phatooey!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

In the UK nuts is sometimes used as a slang word for testicles. I just have a filthy mind and this made me laugh. Thanks HJ!

Hee, same slang here but it didn't register for me. For shame!

I'm in British time and awake. How are we all tonight?

:hi: We're good. My kids and their friend are having a disco party in the living room. I'm pretty sure my husband just left me. So, all good!

How's you?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I went through a weird phase once when I was ill and the only thing I could stomach eating was Nutella. Ate jars of the stuff at a time. Then I got better and couldn't really stand the stuff any more.

Orion does their own version which is even worse though. (Orion is Nestle in CZ).

Best chocolate spread I've come across was Green & Blacks, the organic chocolate company. Oh and the Marks & Spencers one with truffle in.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score

:hi: We're good. My kids and their friend are having a disco party in the living room. I'm pretty sure my husband just left me. So, all good!

How's you?

I'm good thanks.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, not chocolate. Psychology is on my mind today. Why is it so hard to get certain chores done? About April, I started thinking, "I really need to caulk." (Caulking in an RV, plus wire-brushing battery terminals, is a the equivalent to mowing the lawn, or maybe cleaning the gutters for normal people.) In early May, I actually got all out the gear and stuck it by my front door, so I'd trip over it and be forced to do it. Six weeks of tripping later...I finally caulked today (because the first monsoon rain is tomorrow afternoon, and really, it has to be done). And it took only an hour! I mean, what is wrong with me that I make such an ordeal out of it? (I could blame a healthy fear of climbing ladders at my advancing age, but honestly, that's a mere excuse.)

I don't procrastinate about most things, but somehow, fix-it chores are my bane. (And it's why I didn't decide to live on a sailboat instead. Boats require 10 times the work. Eventually, procrastination would literally sink me.)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you.

Yesterday's to-do list included about a hundred things I've been putting off for weeks, months, or in a couple of cases (eep!) literally years. It's phone calls that kill me. I hate the phone. Hate it.

But doesn't it feel so good when you cross that item off the list? :snoopy:

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Which reminds me I haven't turned on my cell phone in like five days. So I get ya on the hating the phone. ;)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score

Is the "For shame!" for me? For having a dirty mind? :snoopy:

How's you?

I is fine. Spent today at a craft fair. Lots of live music and the most amazing chips. Did not sell anything though!

Pleased for every one who has had a good weekend.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
(Caulking in an RV, plus wire-brushing battery terminals, is a the equivalent to mowing the lawn, or maybe cleaning the gutters for normal people.) ,.)

What is this cleaning gutters you speak of? If I do that, won't I disturb the poke growing in them? What about the little pine trees and tiny oaks?

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
What is this cleaning gutters you speak of? If I do that, won't I disturb the poke growing in them? What about the little pine trees and tiny oaks?

Excellent point. Stay green, baby! And dusting? A commie plot. I've always thought that.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent point. Stay green, baby! And dusting? A commie plot. I've always thought that.

I have a sign up in my home that says "You are welcome to admire the dust, but please do not write in it."

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Hello, house of chocolate lovers.

I discovered an awful thing last night. Chocolate bites back!! I know, I know - hideous! I bit into a piece of Bournville dark and broke a tooth. Ugh. Fortunately the tooth does not have a nerve (thanks to a root canal many years ago) so it's not sore and I can wait until the dentist opens tomorrow morning but meh, it's turned into a very expensive slab of chocolate.

But never let it be said that I gave up on chocolate. Never. I nuked it in the microwave for a few seconds, to soften it - and finished half of the slab. :)

Gail 1 - chocolate 0

:D

Lesson: Don't leave a slab of chocolate in an unheated room in winter.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Gail that is awful! Putting chocolate in a microwave is so awful! oh - how is the tooth?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The tooth is all fixed, thanks. :D But the wallet is a whole heap lighter. Sheesh! Dental work is expensive!

My hubby made a joke. He suggested we have the chocolate wrapper framed and sent to the dentist with a note that reads: This is what put your kid through college.

Knowing my dentist, she'd probably hang it up in the waiting room.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Hubby is funny. :)

How's everyone? We survived Tropical Storm Debby, and are just living through the aftermath. Still a lot of rain, but it's not like we're going to Disney World tomorrow or anything.

Oh wait.