A Life of Crime and Chocolate

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote some of my mystery today, and posted it on SYW.

BTW, I brought some chocolate and some chardonnay. Any takers?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Today, having been laughed at for how stupid I look in my ghost tour outfit by a load of American girls, my boss decides to go to the theatre whilst I'm out on a tour, so the office was locked when I got back and had to go home in my costume, riding the tram whilst dressed like goodness knows what. So that was fun.

On the up side, Tescos finally have the proper bread again. I'm not usually bothered about going for British produce and wanting to eat exactly what I would've eaten back home, but sorry, Czech sliced bread is just awful. I need my Warbutons for my toast. Actually hugged a loaf, I was so glad to see it back in stock. Loaves are soft... not that I'm going strange or anything from lack of good toast in the morning.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Zelenka, so when is the book coming out about all your tour guide misadventures? :D Comedy- amateur sleuth ... come on! How can you resist? It's practically writing itself!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you hear something soon, wonder. :)

For all those who celebrate, Happy Easter and many blessings!

Today is huge for me. We've been prepping for months, and in a few minutes it all begins. I'm just enjoying a cup of coffee before the storm...

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka, so when is the book coming out about all your tour guide misadventures? :D Comedy- amateur sleuth ... come on! How can you resist? It's practically writing itself!

Yeah I was thinking that last night at St Vitus Cathedral when we were verbally assaulted by some weird guy whilst all the priests and bishops were going in this procession thing into the cathedral. We weren't talking, deliberately, since it was obvious something was going on, and were just having a look to see what they were doing, and this guy comes right out of the crowd who were also watching and tells us to 'go outside, f** off' and starts shooing us. Meanwhile, the priests etc were all giving us smiles and being quite pleasant. So we ignored him and carried on the way we'd normally go, but I thought wow, there's a good Christian gent, really listened to what the guy whose life and resurrection he's supposed to be celebrating this weekend had to say - you see someone that's not part of your particular group, you tell them to F off. What chapter and verse was that again?

But on a more serious note, Happy Easter, Veselé Velikonoce everyone who celebrates it!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Veselé Velikonoce everyone from a very cold and snowy Prague (yes, snow today, followed by glorious sunshine, followed by snow). Hope those who are celebrating are having a good time. HJ - good luck and have fun, hope all goes well!

easter002smallex.jpg
easter008small.jpg

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Zelenka! It's OVER and I'm happy! It went well. Also, it's OVER for another year!

Did I mention it's OVER?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hee. :) You're all more than welcome! It's awesome. :)

And you're right, it's not totally over... there's still the postmortem, a bit of cleanup, and yeah, we'll start planning again before too long. Which reminds me, I should be writing my thank you emails...

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in - had a family gathering yesterday. Sis-in-laws dad in ninety-one. Good party - lots of laughter, good company and loads of food and drink. Today niece and I went to a craft shop and got stuck in a traffic snarl up. I am so tired.

Hope you all had a great Easter.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well I had crime and chocolate for real for the Easter holiday. Someone broke into my husband's truck Saturday night. Took $50 in change, his glucose tester and his Garmin GPS. Quite annoying. We like our GPS. Deciding if I want to bother my homeowners policy with that.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds lovely, Shakes!

Oh no, History! I'm sorry. :( I wouldn't bother with insurance for a small item... I'd be afraid my rates would go up.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
History that is awful!

Still with Bro and sis-in-law. Not quite sure what is happening this afternoon - though it is probably going to rain. :-((

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I would need copious amounts of chocolate (And maybe some of WordCount's Chardonnay) before I tried out option 3 - Ego Shredder!:D

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this thread would be the best place for me to pose this perplexing question.

Over the Easter weekend, an article on the news discussed what to do with leftover chocolate.

Tell me, what is 'leftover chocolate'? Not a phrase I'm familiar with....

Shara

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Rumor has it here that a certain yellow lion has designs on my fedora...well it ain't gonna happen....
Lionfedora.jpg

Wait. What the heck?

:roll: That's perfect!

WOW. That came out huge, huh? But she's cute right?

She is gloriously beautiful! How old is she now, History?

I thought this thread would be the best place for me to pose this perplexing question.

Over the Easter weekend, an article on the news discussed what to do with leftover chocolate.

Tell me, what is 'leftover chocolate'? Not a phrase I'm familiar with....

Shara

Easy. That's the chocolate you're saving for breakfast. :)