A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... this sounds heavenly! I will try and let you know if it works with vegan variations. :)

ETA: :eek: I mean the coffee cup cake, not the blood spatter!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
A vegan murder... :e2chain:

No milk or eggs were harmed. Mu-Wa-Ha-Ha-Ha!

ETA: HJ, did I ever tell you about the friend of mine that used to run a summer camp? He hired a cook that just couldn't seem to get the concept of vegan cooking down. The highlight of the story: The cook made "vegan meatloaf". Made with 100% pure ground beef, but with no eggs for the vegans. :D

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: HJ, did I ever tell you about the friend of mine that used to run a summer camp? He hired a cook that just couldn't seem to get the concept of vegan cooking down. The highlight of the story: The cook made "vegan meatloaf". Made with 100% pure ground beef, but with no eggs for the vegans. :D
:roll: That's like the company party that had more food for vegetarians - seafood. If not for dessert, I would have expired from hunger.

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
Vegan blood splatter ... this is seriously a weird weird thread.

But, speaking of vegetarians -- the first time my hubby had Thanksgiving with my family, my mom made "vegetarian stuffing." You see, she diced up the bacon extra small so we couldn't even see it. Thanks, Mom! :)

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
BOOKS 4 LYFE

292043_2159915634670_1149900013_31994964_1327632464_n.jpg

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Sorry, I'm selling out. :p

My new Kindle is on the way...

Already sold out, Doc. Bought my new Kindle last week and loving it! Already read 2 books on it. (I can acutally read at work now. :D ) Well, haven't sold out totally though. I still like to pick up a paperback or hardbound book now and then, just for the feel.

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking of selling out, too. I found a stash of Barnes and Noble gift cards in my kitchen, and I'll probably cash them in for a Nook. There are just so many e-reader-only books out there that I'd love to read.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I like my nook (it's the 1st version) but nothing beats the iPad. The girl and I both prefer to read on that. Thankfully she doesn't yet know my password, otherwise the book-buying spree would never end. :)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering how that was going to be eaten, but then the article says this:
The company said the giant bar would be smashed up and sold in stores to raise money for charity.

Jilly, I love my Nook oodles.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I love my iPad for reading on the tram. I was thinking of a kindle but I carry the iPad about anyway, so... I do prefer a paper book on the whole though.

PS, I have done no writing due to being sick for two days with a cold. So to make myself better, I have chocolate cupcakes in the oven!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
OK, this has nothing whatsoever to do with chocolate, writing or anything really but I don't know where else to generally go silly and screech. I am going to LA next month! So excited. And I will unashamedly say it's for a convention where I intend to unashamedly drool over one of my favourite actors who is a wee bit of the inspiration for my MC.

Now that beats the blues of not having written for a few days because of this lousy flu. I feel like I could write a ten part epic fantasy series tonight!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I am going to LA next month!

Zelenka, why are you so excited about going to Louisiana? Unless of course you're going to New Orleans.

Kidding! :tongue Have fun in the City of Angles! (L.A.) :D

If you get the chance, check out the Tar Pits, very cool. Also, you have to check out Mann's Chinese Theater, the place with all the hand and foot prints. How long are you going to be there?

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka, why are you so excited about going to Louisiana? Unless of course you're going to New Orleans.

Kidding! :tongue Have fun in the City of Angles! (L.A.) :D

If you get the chance, check out the Tar Pits, very cool. Also, you have to check out Mann's Chinese Theater, the place with all the hand and foot prints. How long are you going to be there?

Not that long, unfortunately. That's the downside with these things is you don't get much chance to see the place. Still, it will be an adventure and I'll have a bit of time to myself to go see some stuff.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've moved this from the 500 words thread, but I don't know if it makes sense here. We can always delete it... Or I could put it in the Dear Novel thread. Or - anyone?

It's Friday again!! (Well, it is down here...) And aren't you lot sounding all positive and productive? :Hug2: all round.

I've got people coming for dinner, so I'll only have one two-hour session today, but the plottage is going well. I'm beginning to see the point of outlining - I've changed quite a few fairly major things (like secondary characters and settings) and doing it with bullet-points rather than rewrites is certainly quicker. And the thing I was worried about - that the book isn't settling into my brain - that isn't happening. I'm at the stage where it's with me in a low-grade kind of way all the time. So that's good.

I'm very keen to start actual writing, but I think that's still some months away. Quite a lot of months probably.

Still, it's good to be feeling New Book growing and diffentiating from Old Book. I was a little bit worried that New Book might end up being Old Book mark II - but that ain't going to happen :)

Work hard everyone. Onwards and Upwards and all that palaver...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to LA next month!

Yay! That's wonderful!

Tee Hee! I am acutely aware that I'm being obtuse, but you said city of ANGLES. :D

:roll: You crack me up. Wish I were punnier.

I've moved this from the 500 words thread, but I don't know if it makes sense here. We can always delete it... Or I could put it in the Dear Novel thread. Or - anyone?

I think it works any place you like it. It's relevant (even though it's not about chocolate... :tongue).