A Life of Crime and Chocolate

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Well I got my cover all designed up for my self published Indian Land Title book. Editing was getting tedious so I needed a pick me up. Gives me incentive and something to look forward to. I dropped it into my historian's website if you want to take a look. It's here. The layout and design is my work. The actual art is my awesome artist friend's who gave me permission to use it on my cover.

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Thank you! My friend does quite well for himself selling his paintings and reproductions. I'm quite honored he said yes when I first eyed it for my cover. The actual painting is quite large.

Last edited:

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Thanks Mark. Now I have to do my website too. I've had a URL for a long time. Just haven't got to it yet. I want to get things ready first. I have other history type things to put up there. I'm usually too busy doing my historians organization's website.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Well I got my cover all designed up for my self published Indian Land Title book. Editing was getting tedious so I needed a pick me up. Gives me incentive and something to look forward to. I dropped it into my historian's website if you want to take a look. It's here. The layout and design is my work. The actual art is my awesome artist friend's who gave me permission to use it on my cover.

Oh, it's gorgeous! Wow, how different and beautiful!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, gosh, this book of mine is going to kill me. It's either going to be a perfect example of the book I've always wanted to write or it's going to be rubbish.

And it's still in plottage.

*sigh*

ETA: Amazing cover, History! Quite stunning!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
HS that is an amazing piece of work. Very thought provoking.

Mccardey you will get there. Honest. You will.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the cover, HS, very striking and beautifully drawn.

Oh, gosh, this book of mine is going to kill me. It's either going to be a perfect example of the book I've always wanted to write or it's going to be rubbish.

And it's still in plottage.

*sigh*

I feel your pain. :Hug2: Now, back to plotting.:D

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs McCardey. Know the feeling. I realised last night that I'm making exactly the same mistakes with this book as I do with all of them, passive characters, not enough feeling, plots that just don't really make sense. I'm about an inch off scrapping the thing. Just don't want to because I love the premise and, even if I can't write them properly, I love the characters.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Noticed something though - it is much nicer writing when you have a little cat cuddled in beside you. My SnowB is seriously becoming a writer cat these days. Always comes over now and sits on the arm of the chair beside me to watch what I'm doing.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes it is nice to be called at very short notice to do some work. The rate of pay was very nice for two hours! Almost the same rate as I would be paid for working 8.30 - 15.30. Drinks are on me!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Noticed something though - it is much nicer writing when you have a little cat cuddled in beside you. My SnowB is seriously becoming a writer cat these days. Always comes over now and sits on the arm of the chair beside me to watch what I'm doing.

Maybe that's the problem.

Charlie

<

was my writingdog. Maybe he took all the writingju with him :cry:

ETA: When I get back from France I'm going to get a writingchicken. I had those before - good for shorter noir-y works. Plus there's eggs.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you guys, I'm suffering. Tomorrow we're supposed to get the first of back-to-back overnight guests :)eek: I love having guests, but back-to-back?! And I have no idea when the first set is due to arrive. It's a surprise, I guess?). Saturday is the boy's birthday party, here at the house, something like 60 people. That's in addition to the Easter kick-off, etc. I've been working on this weekend for weeks, even months.

The boy has a cold. Okay, fine. We can handle that. He should be better by Saturday, right?

The girl came home with the stomach flu today.

Please shoot me.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But then there'll be no one to clean the bathroom.

:ROFL:

(But you'll be burning in hell for that. You know that, right?)

Jude - sometimes you've just got focus on next week month year. :Hug2:

Last edited:

MeretSeger

The Alydar of Writers
Registered
Reaction score
Already there, I think...but:

Stomach flu is the worst, Jude. Please don't get it yourself. Unless...you could use it to ward guests off your house?

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Ugh Jude, that is awful. Hope the kids feel better by the weekend. I'm betting it will be OK, gives you a couple days to pump them full of chicken soup and such.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Thanks all. :) You always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Off to shoot the kids!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hope the kids get better soon, HJ. And good luck with the guests. I have a couple of months to get my place ready then I have an invasion of Norwegians coming in May. First time I've ever had house guests, for about ten years (how social am I??) so kind of dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time. So long as they don't expect me to cook.

I also want shooting though - cannot get rid of this flu of mine, and it's now turned into one of those coughs that leaves all the muscles in your stomach sore. Heading out to the shop in a minute for comfort food, which will mostly consist of chocolate (hey, it's soft and easy on the sore throat...) but then I have to do my test on the new tour tomorrow. A few more tourists should be heading home with some nasty Czech bugs though, after doing my tour, I suppose I can cling to that thought for warmth....

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka, salt and vinegar potato chips are really good for a sore throat. :) I hope you feel better soon. I hate that stuff that lingers.

Hubby still trying to get ahold of his sister to tell her not to come. Oy. If they show up here...