A Life of Crime and Chocolate

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Hey ho all,

Just dropped in to say howdy. I've been off in tax land all month so not much writing. Reading a little in AW self-pub and e-book forums is about it. Thinking I may try my hand at that. Hope all of you have been writing maniacs whilst I was away from MTS land.

And congratulations French Maiden on your new addition!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
She's a whole 10 days old today :)
I get to bring her home when she is 12 weeks old. So begining of April hopefully. I paid the deposit for her this morning so it's official she is mine!

How do I post pics is there anywhere I can upload them from my comp?

My boys and I have had a busy morning buying new toys for her to munch on hopefully instead of everything else, it's still very early yet, but I'm really excited and want to be organised. I bought some clippers yesterday to groom her - she's going to need her hair cut every 4-6 wks.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Charm is a VERY lucky little lady. So, we have to wait twelve weeks for pics? I am not sure about how to upload from a computer - there may be a techie area on AW that gives the necessary info. HJ may know . . .

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hey ho all,

Just dropped in to say howdy. I've been off in tax land all month so not much writing. Reading a little in AW self-pub and e-book forums is about it. Thinking I may try my hand at that. Hope all of you have been writing maniacs whilst I was away from MTS land.

And congratulations French Maiden on your new addition!

::waves madly at HS:: Welcome back from tax land! We missed you!

Which book are you going to self-pub? Or are you going to Q e-pubs first?

She's a whole 10 days old today :)
I get to bring her home when she is 12 weeks old. So begining of April hopefully. I paid the deposit for her this morning so it's official she is mine!

How do I post pics is there anywhere I can upload them from my comp?

My boys and I have had a busy morning buying new toys for her to munch on hopefully instead of everything else, it's still very early yet, but I'm really excited and want to be organised. I bought some clippers yesterday to groom her - she's going to need her hair cut every 4-6 wks.

Get a Photobucket or equivalent account. Upload your pic to it (easy-peasy), then copy the IMG code. Click the image button above (pic of mountains) and input the code. Voila!

kittenboys.jpg

Let me know if you need more details. :) It does take a bit of trial and error.

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
::waves madly at HS:: Welcome back from tax land! We missed you!

Which book are you going to self-pub? Or are you going to Q e-pubs first?

:hi:

Nah. No query to epubs, just self-pub. It's local stuff. One is my Indian Land title book, local western NY area.

The other book is one I published in 2001 (1850s local true crime)and self published. I'm finally out of books. BUT people still want them. Plus two local bookstores have emailed me for them. So rather than having them printed and sitting around I figure I can do createspace and e-pub this one. It depends, I may get a few through Morris Publishing again, it really depends on cost per unit breakdown if I go through Morris or createspace for physical resale needs.

(Note: Morris Publishing is not a variety press. You send the work camera ready and they print them-- so true selfpublishing.)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
An example of irony?

Last week my car was wrecked.
Today the garage phoned me to remind me that the car is due for its' annual service. hmph.

HJ I want them there kitties! They are GORGEOUS!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I have nothing of real value to add, except I'm going to Rome for a weekend in March! Just bought an Italian phrasebook but could only get Italian - Czech, so either I'll be all multilingual by the end of it or my brain will explode, probably the latter.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
An example of irony?

Last week my car was wrecked.
Today the garage phoned me to remind me that the car is due for its' annual service. hmph.

:ROFL: Still so grateful you're okay.

HJ I want them there kitties! They are GORGEOUS!

They're a whole lot bigger and fatter now, 16 years later. They are two of the lights of my life, the crotchety old men. :)

I have nothing of real value to add, except I'm going to Rome for a weekend in March!

Oh, is that all? :e2file: Have a blast!

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: Still so grateful you're okay.

Thanks :Hug2: I am OK - but a bit fed up! I've been asked to take pics of my bruises and all I get is pics that look like burnt omelettes! It really should not be that difficult. I've tried more positions than you'd find in the Kama Sutra. hmph. Parts of my personage seem to have minds of their own and move with out my permission.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, saw this on Facebook. It's so true... :)

395667_373081359384736_100000486263766_1563618_1040531438_n.jpg

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I've made a photo bucket - so let give this a whirl hey?

This is my tiny baby girl and her sibs and mummy. at 4 days old.
2012-01-24211403.jpg

Her mummy sweetpea

charmsmummy.jpg

and her daddy Smidge

Charmsdaddy.jpg

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Those dogs are adorable.

Just popping in to say hello. Just started writing my first crime novel.

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
:hi:Welcome to the world of evil deeds PofP! We have a daily writing thread here in the MTS area. It's good for moral support and motivation. Right now it's Jabberwocky January,but February is almost here.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did it! I did it!

Thought I would share something with you. We have big camphor tree in our front garden. Some of its roots have cracked the concrete foundation in my living room and have to be removed. I've been putting this off for ages but couldn't any more as the parquet flooring was starting to lift.

Roots.jpg

Oh. Joy. (Forgive sarcasm) They've had to bring in a jack hammer.

The french doors in the background lead into my study, which means that I'm working 4 or 5 yards away from a jack hammer!! But yesterday I still managed to cull 642 words from my oversized ms.

Whut? You said something? Hey? Stop mumbling. I can't hear a word you're saying!

:roll:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Mystery, that's hilarious! And so true!

Thanks for the help guys, I've made a photo bucket - so let give this a whirl hey?

Gorgeous! They're so TINY!

Those dogs are adorable.

Just popping in to say hello. Just started writing my first crime novel.

:hi: Princess! Welcome! What had you written previously? Let us know if we can give you any bad advice. Or good, you know, if you insist. :tongue

I did it! I did it!

Nice! Pics when finished, please, and congrats on getting anything done in that noise!

Things here are not good. Looks like I'm going to fly north soon to say good-bye to my Gram. It's time, she's 95 and says she's ready, but it's still very sad for those of us who will be left behind. My 8-y-o dd is devastated, they're very close. :(

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
HJ I'm am so truley sorry to hear this. I am thinking of you and your family as you mke your way to farewell your Gram.
I've never lost anyone close to e so dont truley know what to say, just know that I'm thinking of you as you go through this.

95 not out is a really good innings. Good on her for getting this far, it's something only a select few can achieve.

**Cyber hugs to you and your family**

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Things here are not good. Looks like I'm going to fly north soon to say good-bye to my Gram. It's time, she's 95 and says she's ready, but it's still very sad for those of us who will be left behind. My 8-y-o dd is devastated, they're very close. :(

I'll be thinking of you. Lots of hugs.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all. She's doing pretty well, all things considered. She's not in pain and she's still ordering people around. :) I'm going to make the trip on Thursday, I think.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your Grams sounds like an amazing woman, HJ.

I will be thinking of you and your family.:Hug2:

French Maiden - Charm looks gorgeous. She definitely takes after her parents.;)

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody written anything that was inspired simply by a character name? Although I have plenty on my table in terms of unfinished writings, I randomly thought of a great name for a "soft-boiled" detective (if I can borrow a phrase from a fellow AWer), and the character is already filling himself out in my head. Gotta love that out-of-the-blue inspiration! Guess I'll just jot it down for now and move forward with my other WIP.