A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I leve for a couple of days and there's chocolate tequila and... Is that another body on the floor? You kids.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
*whispers* I assume someone will clean this up? I mean, the blood, the ... other stuff. I'm going back to the beach and pretending I don't see any of this.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*wipes all surfaces down with bleach*

That'll give a false positive with a Luminol test, right?

*adds chocolate tequila to devils food cake mixture*

Oooooo....

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: MsDashwood. Looong time no see!

Down here, I'm waiting, not so patiently, for spring. :D

...And really needing winter to be over now.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Thought I'd pop in and say hello :greenie

Has everyone finished their Summer holiday?

Nooooooooo!! *goes down kicking and screaming*

I mean, not quite, no. The girl and the older boy have one more week and the younger boy has two. I'm enjoying every minute I get with them before the Evil that is School commences. I mean, before they get their golden opportunity to continue their rich, meaningful education. Dang it. I'm a terrible mother.

How are you, Ms. D? Long time no see!

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: MsDashwood. Looong time no see!

Down here, I'm waiting, not so patiently, for spring. :D

...And really needing winter to be over now.

Ahh, of course :)
You have the best to come.

It's late in the Summer here.
My vacation's just started, though :)

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Nooooooooo!! *goes down kicking and screaming*

I mean, not quite, no. The girl and the older boy have one more week and the younger boy has two. I'm enjoying every minute I get with them before the Evil that is School commences. I mean, before they get their golden opportunity to continue their rich, meaningful education. Dang it. I'm a terrible mother.

How are you, Ms. D? Long time no see!

Ha ha! :D
Glad you still have some time.

I'm good, thanks. Yes, have had no time to write. I really hope things will calm down now in the fall so I can just work and write but I won't know until a month or so has passed.
Enjoying my vacation at the moment, long, quiet days and getting back to writing :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So it looks like I'm taking a day trip to New York City in October.

Last time I was there was 1984.

I'm assuming people still take cabs everywhere, and it makes no sense to bring my car?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
So it looks like I'm taking a day trip to New York City in October.

Last time I was there was 1984.

I'm assuming people still take cabs everywhere, and it makes no sense to bring my car?

A car is simply a nuisance in NYC, in my opinion. I live in Manhattan -- I wouldn't take a car as a gift. I rent one when I need it (i.e., when I need to drive out of town). Public transport is the way to go. FYI, the subway will get you around much more cheaply than a cab, and most of the time, it's faster, unless it's late at night. Traffic still sucks (as does parking).

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
A car is simply a nuisance in NYC, in my opinion. I live in Manhattan -- I wouldn't take a car as a gift. I rent one when I need it (i.e., when I need to drive out of town). Public transport is the way to go. FYI, the subway will get you around much more cheaply than a cab, and most of the time, it's faster, unless it's late at night. Traffic still sucks (as does parking).

Yay, I remembered right! :)

It was a college choir trip. We took buses. The last hour of the trip we were in NYC proper trying to get to our destination (Columbia University). I think we went something like six blocks in that time.

I am nervous. Generally I like cities (I lived in Boston for years, and yeah, I know, next to NYC Boston is a wee village, but even so), but I'm not really going to have time to acclimate myself.

Thanks, Cassandra. :)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yes, buses are subject to the same miserably slow traffic that snarl up the cabs. Subways are the way to go, I'm telling you! (And yes, at rush hour it is crowded and miserable, but then so are the buses and you'll never find a cab).

If I'm going ten blocks, I pretty much will take the walk every time unless I'm carrying something heavy or wearing stiletto heels. It's often faster than any alternative, and generally more fun. Indeed, I've been known to prefer the 20 or 30 block walking option, too, but then I'm crazy. (FYI, 20 "short" blocks -- e.g., between the numbered streets that run east/west, as opposed to the avenues that run north/south -- equals a mile. So if you walk from West 50th Street to West 70th Street, that's about a mile.)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Sounds very exciting, liz! Going to be a long day though, I guess? My US geography is very patchy but I'm guessing it's quite a long way?

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderful, Liz!! :D

Of course, I'm not able to give you any suggestions about NYC since the closest I got to it was Columbus, OH. (Stop laughing, Cassandra! I can hear you from here!) But I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun. If it's something arranged by you publisher, would they not arrange travel and transport for you?

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Long time, no comment. My excuse for not speaking up is that an aneurysm popped Feb. 28th and I wasn't released from the hospital until July 1. I am not allowed to work and cannot drive.

The worst part of this whole thing is that I HAD solved the family's money problem. I has started a new job on Feb. 15th....well they did hold a position for 12 weeks, which elapsed in May. I really can't complain, but life is sometimes so NOT fair.

So my only option is to finish my book. I have been re-writing.

Well, I did want to say, 'hi, all.'

onuilmar

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. That is a good excuse. I'm so glad you're ok! My goodness! How are you feeling?

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Heyjude, Liz:

Thank you. Writing is going slower than I wish. That worst part is that my body doesn't work right, which makes me feel clumsy (& stupid.)

Well, just need to hang in there (and hope for the best.) You guys are the best. Knew there was a reason for visiting.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely hang in there. It will get better. We insist. I can't believe what you've been through, and you're still going... and writing! I'm amazed by you. Please keep us posted.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, onuilma. That's quite a setback. :Hug2: So glad to hear you made it through. As HJ said, hang in there. Things will get better! :Hug2:

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Wow, onuilmar, glad to hear you're okay! Thank you for letting us know and thank you for posting! All the best to you!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hi again, Onuilmar. Sorry it's not in better circumstances. What they said above - it's amazing that you're keeping going. Keep going! You can do this!

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement: HJ, Gail, vagoug, OSG.

And yes, all I can do is keep slugging away. Hopefully something will come out right. Now, back to work. "Ha!," she said sarcastically.

onuilmar