A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
It would certainly be the mane event! What a tail we tell... But I won't saddle you with more for now...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Well I hocked all my good jokes. I'm not feeling stable at the moment... maybe I'm dun!

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
While the rest of you are jockeying around for the worst pun, I'm wondering if I can whip any more up. Maybe I should just lattigo. It's a cinch I'm running out of juice here.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for you to hit the hay.

I'm so sorry.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Let's be honest, none of us are really stable. By the way, has anyone herd from Gail? We shouldn't be roaning around without her when punning.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I've missed so much. :roll:

How about cheesecake? I have cheesecake.
No, thank you. Cheesecake is weird.

*sends Namatu all the pie*
Yes! :snoopy: I am enjoying all of the pie.

Hi guys, how are things? What's this about pie?
Things are super swell!

*shoves bodies behind door*

Pie coming up! What kind do you like?
Yep. This is the way of things.

We love savory pie.

Steak and kidney, though...*shiver*

That's the cultural divide, right there.
I'm imagining this savory pie with lots of mashed potatoes. And no steak. Or kidneys. But osg has the whole biscuit thing down, in particular the biscuit's role as a delivery vehicle for cheese.

I can mount no counteroffer to your punning.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Can someone make a horse pun about smoke detectors? Because I've got one I can't shut up.

ETA: The mysterious smoke detector that wouldn't shut up was actually the CO2 detector plugged into the wall.

Triangulation is hard.

Last edited:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Youch, Liz. I'd get that checked out. On the trot! I know there are a number of ways you folks in the northern hemisphere heat your homes and that some of them may involve oil, propane, LPG, etc. Are you sure that CO2 detector is faulty? Maybe it's not. Don't put blinkers on over this one. We can't have you waking up dead in your bed. 'kay?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Youch, Liz. I'd get that checked out. On the trot! I know there are a number of ways you folks in the northern hemisphere heat your homes and that some of them may involve oil, propane, LPG, etc. Are you sure that CO2 detector is faulty? Maybe it's not. Don't put blinkers on over this one. We can't have you waking up dead in your bed. 'kay?

You are sweet to worry. :) But it was definitely a low battery alarm.

On the bright side - the battery in the smoke alarm has been changed, which is good! :)

(We do heat with oil, but our house is pretty new - 12 years old. And I don't actually know if that makes a difference in terms of risk!)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
We can't have you waking up dead in your bed. 'kay?
I second this. It would be awkward, and probably apocalyptic.

Glad the Co2 was just a low battery and nothing to make hay over.

Liz, re: triangulation, I once thought that my (horrible) upstairs neighbors were doing something that involved a regularly sounding, faint beep that had bothered me all night. I tried to determine where, exactly, it was coming from, but could only narrow it down to the bedroom area. I finally called condo management and they sent out someone from maintenance, who first checked out the sound in my place. He narrowed it down to... my hearing aid. I didn't use it all the time, had set it in its container, and the battery had folded back inside. In a tiny space like the container, the hearing aid responds by whining. (This also happens if you cup it in your hand while the battery is in.) Talk about failure to triangulate. :e2shrug: Those neighbors were still horrible though.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Humans have poor echolocation skills, too.

But we're generally better looking than your average bat.
bat.gif

Just thought that was worth mentioning.:D

Last edited:

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
As I posted in the thread in Bewares, my publisher, Booktrope, announced today that they're shutting down effective 31 May. I only have one book with them, so my rights reversion should be relatively painless, but this was a huge shock to a lot of people. The Gravity Imprint crew is pretty tight, and we're going to take care of each other, but some Booktrope Editions authors are already talking about attorneys. SMH. Slow down, people.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
As I posted in the thread in Bewares, my publisher, Booktrope, announced today that they're shutting down effective 31 May. I only have one book with them, so my rights reversion should be relatively painless, but this was a huge shock to a lot of people. The Gravity Imprint crew is pretty tight, and we're going to take care of each other, but some Booktrope Editions authors are already talking about attorneys. SMH. Slow down, people.

Oh, Bob, I'm sorry to hear this. :( Here's to quickly finding a new home for your work.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Soooooo. Are you saying that we humans aren't adorable?

Some more than others. :tongue

Wait.

Don't answer that.

:D

Whoops!

Ah, nuts. I'm sorry. :(

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That's terrible news. :Hug2:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Bob. :( Sorry that happened. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be blessing in disguise - something much better on its way.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
It's bad news for a lot of people, and even for me, to some extent, but I was self-pubbed beforehand, so it won't be a big deal to go right back to it.

The torches and pitchforks were definitely evident in the private FB groups though. Half an hour after the announcement was made, people were talking lawsuits. SMH.

Anyway, here's what I wrote Friday night and Saturday morning. http://indefixa.ravensbeak.com/the-email-every-author-dreads/