A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Not animal related at all, but just had to squee a bit. I have been offered a full time position at the tour company, starting next year! So shall be spending a lot more time in the top hat, hopefully, and I may even get my lantern next year!

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
FrenchMaiden - I didn't have a Halty for my pit, I had a promise collar same idea it was around her muzzle but let her pant and bark. It didn't work for her because she didn't mind walking forward with her head turned to the side. Glad to hear it works for some.

MORE super glad to know that Dash belongs to you now not your evil sister. Words mean nothing in RL actions are everything.

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
FrenchMaiden - I didn't have a Halty for my pit, I had a promise collar same idea it was around her muzzle but let her pant and bark. It didn't work for her because she didn't mind walking forward with her head turned to the side. Glad to hear it works for some.

MORE super glad to know that Dash belongs to you now not your evil sister. Words mean nothing in RL actions are everything.

Sounds like you have a clever girl there, to be able to get around it.

Yes so am I. I can see him gaining weight already and his legs are getting stronger too. Feels so good to see him improving.

He gets love and affection here, not stuffed up the backyard and left like a toy they'd outgrown.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka that is really good news! Congratulations!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
My tiny baby celebrated his 3rd birthday yesterday (his actual birthday is tuesday 20th dec, sharing it with his daddy). We had a couple of little friends over as well as some family.

It ended with a chocolate icecream cake from Wendy's - Move over Cheesecake Shop we've discovered something far better.

After having nearly a whole week where i couldnt write anything because my hands were so swolen nad sore from the eczema i got after washing my dog, my hands are now healed *Hazzar* so i will be putting all my mental thoughts onto paper and planning out my chapter 7 in detail, to hopefully make a proper start to it tonight.

Have a good night everyone i plan to with a glass of Baileys, some cuddles from my Dashy-Boy and chapter 7's begining.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, yes. I'm looking froward to pumping out more of my WIP.

Things have been getting on top of me, and I get quite depressed when I dont have a creative outlet, whether that be reading or writing.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Frenchmaiden, glad to hear the hands are better. I'd suggest dishwashing gloves for future Dash baths, but they pull in the fur. Have you checked at grocery or drug stores for Nitrile disposable gloves? They are fairly sturdy and you get 40 to a box.

You might cut a little bit off one and using a bandaid stick it on the back of your hand to see if it set the ezcema off before you put your whole hand inside one.

Or you could do what I do with youngest who doesn't like being bathed - imagine a 60 lb cat who climbs tile walls. She has a wading pool and on the suggestion that it's bath time, she submerges herself in the pool. I don't know how she figured out to do that but she really HATES bathes. All that lovely body temp water and shampoo. She perfers icewater in the pool

Nice birthday party, always good when they go well.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, yes. I'm looking froward to pumping out more of my WIP.

Things have been getting on top of me, and I get quite depressed when I dont have a creative outlet, whether that be reading or writing.

I know exactly what you mean. I get unbearable when I'm not writing, but my family never really understand, which frustrates me even more and makes me even more cranky!

Today was a very strange one though. I had a tour of Prague Castle, four people and a baby (not sure why someone would bring a baby on a night time tour, however...) We got as far as Strahov monastery and discovered the Castle Guard, army and police were all there, we think to rehearse for tomorrow when the body of Vaclav Havel will be taken to lie in state at the castle, but we ended up having to head away off in a different direction, across Charles Bridge to get back to the Old Town, and watched the procession going past in the middle of the night, black horses and all.

Tomorrow is the start of the official period of state mourning, but we're not sure what that's going to entail or how much will be closed or different. No one seems to know the plans. But that was my last tour before I go home for Christmas and it will certainly be a memorable one

(I was also attacked by a Yorkshire terrier on the tour but that is another story...)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Zelenka's post is one of those "coincidences" being discussed in another MTS thread. The castle guard being out and you not getting in and having to reroute could be the makings of a novel if you toss in the guards being there because someone got murdered. See? It can happen.

Which reminds me, I sometimes tend to only click on my subscribed threads in my user CP since I don't often get on for long these days. And thinking of that, this morning I went into the MTS area. There are some good new thought provoking threads. Nice to see.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Stella says she is sorry and will try not to do it again. :tongue

Seriously, this I want to hear!

I doubt you would be as bad as this dog's owner, HJ. We were heading past the Schwarzenberg Palace and there's a row of pubs and restaurants, which have the entrance via a long covered passage (basically where they used to have the courtyard for horses and coaches). We were walking along and I heard barking from one of these passages ahead, and next the tiniest little Yorkie you ever saw comes hurtling out, yapping and barking and heading straight for me. So I just stopped and looked at it, and it came to a dead halt, sized me up, then ran off. But we had a couple with a baby stroller on the tour and this little dog then starts barking up at the kid. The mum said something like 'oh look, it's a doggie' to the child, trying to just keep walking and ignore the dog, and next its owner, a middle aged Czech woman, comes out and starts giving the mother a mouthful of curses for 'attacking her dog'. So I just said, in Czech, 'she said etc etc' and translated what the mum had said', wishing I knew the Czech for 'why isn't your dog on a leash seeing as how this is a main road?' but she went off glowering and still moaning to her husband about 'f*ing foreigners' or something.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka's post is one of those "coincidences" being discussed in another MTS thread. The castle guard being out and you not getting in and having to reroute could be the makings of a novel if you toss in the guards being there because someone got murdered. See? It can happen.

Which reminds me, I sometimes tend to only click on my subscribed threads in my user CP since I don't often get on for long these days. And thinking of that, this morning I went into the MTS area. There are some good new thought provoking threads. Nice to see.

Yeah, I felt a bit bad all throughout because all the time I was thinking 'this would be a great setting for a story, all this going on at night, loads of dark corners and what have you in the castle, and the march would be a nice distraction if you want to slip off somewhere...

I tend to only look at the CP subscribed threads most of the time too, unless I have more time or am stuck on my WIP, in which case I'll go all through the new threads.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I fly home for Christmas tomorrow. So an all nighter tonight as the flight is early. Christmas presents are mostly bought, cards done. Christmas 'pernik' cookies are in the oven (Let's hope I get to take them through customs). I'm even playing Christmas music to try and get in the mood. But in case I don't get the chance later, Happy Holidays everyone!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt you would be as bad as this dog's owner, HJ. We were heading past the Schwarzenberg Palace and there's a row of pubs and restaurants, which have the entrance via a long covered passage (basically where they used to have the courtyard for horses and coaches). We were walking along and I heard barking from one of these passages ahead, and next the tiniest little Yorkie you ever saw comes hurtling out, yapping and barking and heading straight for me. So I just stopped and looked at it, and it came to a dead halt, sized me up, then ran off. But we had a couple with a baby stroller on the tour and this little dog then starts barking up at the kid. The mum said something like 'oh look, it's a doggie' to the child, trying to just keep walking and ignore the dog, and next its owner, a middle aged Czech woman, comes out and starts giving the mother a mouthful of curses for 'attacking her dog'. So I just said, in Czech, 'she said etc etc' and translated what the mum had said', wishing I knew the Czech for 'why isn't your dog on a leash seeing as how this is a main road?' but she went off glowering and still moaning to her husband about 'f*ing foreigners' or something.

:Jaw: How rude!

The smallest Yorkie I've ever seen, btw, is 2 pounds. His name is Napoleon. :tongue

HunterEmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hunteremkay.com
Just sticking a reply on here, to introduce myself to the MST forum, and secondly because I like chocolate.

Still learning how to thrill.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Frenchmaiden, glad to hear the hands are better. I'd suggest dishwashing gloves for future Dash baths, but they pull in the fur. Have you checked at grocery or drug stores for Nitrile disposable gloves? They are fairly sturdy and you get 40 to a box.

You might cut a little bit off one and using a bandaid stick it on the back of your hand to see if it set the ezcema off before you put your whole hand inside one.

Or you could do what I do with youngest who doesn't like being bathed - imagine a 60 lb cat who climbs tile walls. She has a wading pool and on the suggestion that it's bath time, she submerges herself in the pool. I don't know how she figured out to do that but she really HATES bathes. All that lovely body temp water and shampoo. She perfers icewater in the pool

Nice birthday party, always good when they go well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the gloves suggested. I usually cant wear gloves, i'm thinking it's because of my own sweat on my skin, but there could be an underlying issue with my damn sensative skin.

My cat didn't run up tiles, she ran down by back, many bandages later I decided that she didnt need baths anymore.

And incase i dont have a chance to say it later - Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays - to be politically correct) everyone and have a safe and happy new year.

Resolution anyone?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Just sticking a reply on here, to introduce myself to the MST forum, and secondly because I like chocolate.

Still learning how to thrill.

:welcome: Hunter! So glad to have you. :) Are you a beginning writer, or just new to MTS? Please let me know if you have any questions. If I don't know the answer, I'll make up something outrageously entertaining for you!

And incase i dont have a chance to say it later - Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays - to be politically correct) everyone and have a safe and happy new year.

Resolution anyone?

Merry Christmas to you and yours, French!

Resolutions.... hmmm... good question. I'm trying to get through to Christmas, then I'll think about resolutions. It's going to have to do with a more structured schedule, though, I think, instead of the insane flying-through-each-day-clinging-by-my-claws (not unlike a cat about to get a bath :tongue).

Did anyone keep resolutions from the beginning of this year? I kept the one I made with one exception (and it was an awesome exception, IMO). My resolution was to not listen to the radio. At all. The political stuff was upsetting, the news was awful, and even on the music stations the commercials drove me batty. My exception was when bin Laden died. I'm going to loosen that up this year because of the election--must drive self crazy! :D

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
My resolution for this year was to see my eldest son (4) into remission, we have done that, he has been in remission for 10 months. Best ten months of my life.
My resolution for next year is to write, write, write, I hope to finish my first WIP next year, not giving myself a time frame because i'm not good with them and just find myself getting frustrated with them. But i do really hope to finish.

I managed to write another 1300 words tonight. :D

Things are really starting to progress. My FMC electrocuted her captor with a lightning bold then my MMC beheaded him. Was really very exciting XD

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just rushed in here to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, full of good things and lots of chocolate.

Now I've got to get back to cooking, baking, cleaning, wrapping, tidying, cooking, baking and more dishwashing and then another round of slicing, dicing, chopping...

Don't you just love this time of year?