A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Her name is Stella and she's a Yorkie. I'll wrestle the picture site later today... that usually takes me a while. :tongue

Stella is a lovely name, it means star. :snoopy: I sympathise about pictures. Really I do!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to paste from flickr. Anyone know which site I usually use? My brain appears to be on hold. :tongue

But here's the flickr picture of Stella. Hope that works. Kaitie, I'll email you a picture of her with the girl. It's totally completely cute. Anyone else wants to see, rep me your email addy. :) I don't want to put the human girl's picture up.

Stella is settling in. She's younger than we thought, and severely underweight, and apparently a full Yorkie who had her tail cut completely off. Every time we go to pet her, she flinches. When I take out the broom she flattens herself on the floor in fear. She's all of five pounds. There are no emoticons to express the rage I feel that someone could hurt such a small defenseless creature.

She was two hours away from the end when our rescue group picked her up. The rescue group didn't do a great job taking care of her, either, unfortunately. But she's landed in a safe place. We've got all the time and love to give. :) She's come with me to meetings at work, just snoozes away in my lap. She's a doll baby.

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
It is just inconceivable to me to intentionally hurt a small animal like that. I'm so glad that she's with your family now, though, where she'll get all the love and attention she needs.

On a somewhat silly note, my dog is deathly afraid of yoga balls. Anything big and circular, actually. We've decided her previous owner must have been a sadistic yoga instructor.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Oh She is simply beautiful! Thank goodness she has you and your family-she may not know it yet but you are the best thing that ever happened to her!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
HJ, congrats on the new pet!

I hear there's good eatin' on a yorkie.

*<crickets>*

Hey, it's a joke to a vegan. It's supposed to be a little crass. :p

(I just read Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. That line is a running joke throughout the book.)

Hehe, cute picture. Why do yorkies always remind me of wise old men? :Shrug:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, she's lovely. You can now be considered an honourary Praguer! (Everyone here has a Yorkie, I think it's actually part of the residency permit process that you have to get one).

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Today I baked some chocolate christmas biscuits and drizzled them with white chocolate. My sons are loving my relaxed mood (baking is my vice - perhaps why I can't seem to loose any weight :p)

We too are adopting a dog. He is a 4 year old Boxer x Staffy. He was my sisters dog but she can no longer keep him as he keeps escaping the yard. My sons have been begging me for months now that they want a dog. I've always loved boxers, he is going to be a wonderful addition to our little family - It won't be so little when he arrives this weekend, as he is freakin' huge lol.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
She really is a Star! She will thrive with you and yours HJ. My mum had a cat, who I inherited, who was scared of plastic carrier bags. Mum asked the vet who she got him from if he knew why. Seemed that the guy who owned the mama cat took the litter to the vet in a plastic carrier bag to have them rehomed. The kittens were all healthy and well cared for. Vet told mum he gave the guy a pet carrier.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to paste from flickr. Anyone know which site I usually use? My brain appears to be on hold. :tongue

But here's the flickr picture of Stella. Hope that works. Kaitie, I'll email you a picture of her with the girl. It's totally completely cute. Anyone else wants to see, rep me your email addy. :) I don't want to put the human girl's picture up.

Stella is settling in. She's younger than we thought, and severely underweight, and apparently a full Yorkie who had her tail cut completely off. Every time we go to pet her, she flinches. When I take out the broom she flattens herself on the floor in fear. She's all of five pounds. There are no emoticons to express the rage I feel that someone could hurt such a small defenseless creature.

She was two hours away from the end when our rescue group picked her up. The rescue group didn't do a great job taking care of her, either, unfortunately. But she's landed in a safe place. We've got all the time and love to give. :) She's come with me to meetings at work, just snoozes away in my lap. She's a doll baby.

How could anyone hurt such a cutie-pie? Makes me so angry that people can be so cruel to animals, and other human beings.

Congratulations on the new addition HJ, may she bring you much happiness.

We too are adopting a dog. He is a 4 year old Boxer x Staffy. He was my sisters dog but she can no longer keep him as he keeps escaping the yard. My sons have been begging me for months now that they want a dog. I've always loved boxers, he is going to be a wonderful addition to our little family - It won't be so little when he arrives this weekend, as he is freakin' huge lol.

Good luck with the adoption, French Maiden

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a girl!!!
images

Congrats, HJ. Stella is very cute. In the photo she looks a little nervous but given her history that's understandable. I think you should post another pic of her in six months time. The difference will be quite remarkable.

It's incredible what a little love can do...

...and chocolate. For the owner, of course, not the doggie. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Today is my wedding anniv. 12 years! :snoopy: Celebrated by working the nursery at church :Wha: and having chocolate. Oh yeah, and there's a hot date tonight. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Having LOTS of chocolate on a hot date sounds good!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the wedding anniversary, HJ.

Hope the hot date went well. Was the chocolate hot too?:evil

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jilly! Those cookies... they look fabulous! I may try to veganize them. I'll let you know how it works out. :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
My big beautiful dog has arrived. We got him on saturday. He's such a character, gonna be my best mate.
Snuggled up on hte loungeroom floor lastnight with him and watched The Back-up Plan. He is better than any date. I got to pick the movie, he didn't complane, just appreciated the time we had together :p

I gave him a rawhide while I had chocolate buttons. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
French Maiden that sounds like a perfect evening. What is his name?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
His name is Dash. I havn't had much luck with dogs in the past. I'm hoping my luck has turned with him.

He is a 4year old Boxer x Staffy. He was my sister's but (I'm afraid to say she has neglected him somewhat - he has been chained up for the last 6 months, has muscle deterioration in his back legs from not being able to run around and has a terrible infestation of fleas) she decided it was time to give him to a new home.

After much deliberation i took him in. He is a wonderful addition to our family. He will bring the much needed laughter and smiles to our home.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His name is Dash. He will bring the much needed laughter and smiles to our home.

Dash sounds super. One of my friends has a boxer-staffy cross and he's a wonderful dog. Very friendly and loyal. I hope you have a long, happy time together. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, congratulations, French Maiden! How wonderful of you to give him a proper home. (((hugs))) for you and Dash. :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. He is such a sweetheart (although he would really love to make a meal out of my 2 cats Saxon and Julie - But we can get around with that).
We've had a huge summer storm come through today; pouring down with rain, thunder and lightning - Which he is terrified of.
I'm going to go snuggle up with him in the loungeroom and watch Avatar with him since my 2 sons are sleeping cozy in their beds :)

Have a good night/day (which ever it may be) everyone.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! My chocolate arrived yesterday afternoon! Got my new computer.

Of course, I worked 13.5 hours yesterday and by the time I got home I looked at the packages and said, "Ugh. Tomorrow."

It's tomorrow and I've decided I have to get in my 1000 word quota before I can open a box. :poke:

Now I have these two huge boxes sitting next to me mocking me, laughing at me.

Time to go to work...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(although he would really love to make a meal out of my 2 cats Saxon and Julie - But we can get around with that).

Curious as to how you're dealing with that. Our little girl is way too interested in our cats, even after more than a week. I'm not sure how to handle it!

Ah! My chocolate arrived yesterday afternoon! Got my new computer.

:hooray: Congrats!