A Life of Crime and Chocolate

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a horrid cold, and managed to lie awake all night replotting my WIP. I think some of it might be good, but really, in my current state of mind? No idea.

A co-worker of mine just had twins, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying looking at the pictures of these cute little babies of a woman I don't know all that well. Right now, I think new life makes me happy. Too much negativity in the world - it's nice to focus on something beautiful.

I'll third that sentiment, Liz.

Hope the cold gets better soon.

French: Congrats on the words.

And go us, 100 pages.:partyguy:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Can't sleep, so going to try some writing. Tomorrow I'm going for the last of the presents and then I'm heading over to the family home on Monday, coming home Boxing Day. This is the first Christmas in years where I've been counting the days until it's over. My family seem to have grown even worse this year in terms of selfishness and bitterness, and I'm actually dreading Christmas Day and dinner. So I'm seriously considering going abroad next year, maybe to a friend's house or even just somewhere by myself, even though I've not missed a family Christmas in 33 years (despite the fact that every year my family implies that I'm never there). So despite feeling really down about Christmas, I actually feel weirdly upbeat, if that makes sense. I have a good feeling about next year.

I think 2013 is going to be my year. I hope it turns out that way for all of you too. :)

I'm not going to make any resolutions this year either but rather I'm going to set goals for the year. It's much more exciting!

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I hear you, Zel. Resolutions can be pretty depressing sometimes, especially when you have long term goals set, you get really close to them, then still don't reach them. I wanted to get back in shape this year. One goal I had for the year was to run 400 miles, I got to 300 by the end of August, and then hurt myself. I'm at just under 320 miles right now.

Also, I wanted to finish a novel this year. Didn't happen, although I got quite a bit done on three different attempts. Next year, definitely.

The one resolution that I did hit was to read 35 books. I accomplished this about a week ago. I'm almost done with 36 right now.

2013 goals? I haven't set any except to finish a first draft of a novel. I have a few ideas that I really like and will add some twists and turns to my current WIP, so I think this is really attainable for me.

Have a good holiday everyone!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm sorry about your holiday family stuff, Zelenka, although I admire your attitude. I heartily recommend heading abroad!

You and Matt are going to make me think about resolutions...

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
RESOLUTIONS!!!!

I'm asking everyone here.

What ones did you meet this year & what ones are you making for next year?

For me, it was to keep Blake in remission. (not something I can control but I can dang well try) It obviously didnt happen, but it was an adventure nonetheless.
I wanted to get in shape. I lost 10kg in total.
I also wanted to finish wy WIP which is currently 'on hold'

Next years - lose weight, I'm not specifying how much, just weight. could be 1kg could be 20kg either way I'd be happy.

Write as much as possible. I'm not giving myself daily word counts to meet because then I focus on the word count and not on the actual writing. But I want to do as much decent writing as I can.

Start and finish the professional editor and proof reading course - with great grades.

And last but not least - Get Blake back into remission and keep him there - Again it's out of my control, but I like to feel like I have even just a little bit.

What about all of you?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some years back I made a resolution not to make any more resolutions.

And it's the only one I've managed to keep. :snoopy:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Can't sleep, so going to try some writing. Tomorrow I'm going for the last of the presents and then I'm heading over to the family home on Monday, coming home Boxing Day. This is the first Christmas in years where I've been counting the days until it's over. My family seem to have grown even worse this year in terms of selfishness and bitterness, and I'm actually dreading Christmas Day and dinner. So I'm seriously considering going abroad next year, maybe to a friend's house or even just somewhere by myself, even though I've not missed a family Christmas in 33 years (despite the fact that every year my family implies that I'm never there). So despite feeling really down about Christmas, I actually feel weirdly upbeat, if that makes sense. I have a good feeling about next year.

I think 2013 is going to be my year. I hope it turns out that way for all of you too. :)

I'm not going to make any resolutions this year either but rather I'm going to set goals for the year. It's much more exciting!

Sometimes family sucks. :( I'm sorry. But you've got a good attitude. And hey, if they're complaining you're never there, then things won't change when you're actually not there!

(And you're totally welcome in Florida, if your travels bring you here. :))

I hear you, Zel. Resolutions can be pretty depressing sometimes, especially when you have long term goals set, you get really close to them, then still don't reach them. I wanted to get back in shape this year. One goal I had for the year was to run 400 miles, I got to 300 by the end of August, and then hurt myself. I'm at just under 320 miles right now.

That's pretty good, especially considering you got hurt!

RESOLUTIONS!!!!

I'm asking everyone here.

What ones did you meet this year & what ones are you making for next year?

I once again managed to keep my New Year's resolution (two years running! Woo!). This one was to keep a consistent, every day quiet time: Bible study, prayer, and meditation. I've managed it every day so far in 2012. I'll keep that going in 2013 because it makes a huge difference in my daily life.

I haven't thought about 2013 yet. Maybe my goal should be not to do anything stupid. :rolleyes: I skate a little too close to that line a little too often.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs HJ! :D

My resolution this year was to swear less (same as last year), because I had fallen into a really bad habit of swearing every other word, and I've actually done really well at that. I also said that I was going to make an effort with my attention problem with writing and instead of ditching something, actually see it through. Although I haven't got as far in the book as I would've liked, thanks to unexpectedly moving country (!) I have stuck with it and I'm getting there.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you Zelenka.

One of my resolutions for next year was to start and finish an editing course.
Well, it's 11.03pm here is Western Australia and I've just enrolled into the course for next year. God Bless the internet!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you Zelenka.

One of my resolutions for next year was to start and finish an editing course.
Well, it's 11.03pm here is Western Australia and I've just enrolled into the course for next year. God Bless the internet!

You Australians, living in the future! Good luck with the course, hope it's loads of fun and helpful!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We deserve chocolate!

And maybe some crime!

My two favourite things!:evil

:Hug2:

Here's hoping 2013 is your year, Zelenka, you deserve it.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Happy holiday / Merry Christmas everyone. It's 2.30 here nad my mum and step dad are having a siesta after putting on Breakfast for the family.

We're all going to my sister's for christmas dinner.

It's so dang hot, if I were at home I'd be walking around my house naked with a spray bottle of water with ice blocks to mist myself, I swear it. I'm absolutelly swealtering it's 39 degrees celcius - 102.2 Fahrenheit.

Nothing quite like an Aussie christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NhL3agUaw

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm absolutelly swealtering it's 39 degrees celcius - 102.2 Fahrenheit.

Nothing quite like an Aussie christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NhL3agUaw

:roll: Loved this version of Jingle Bells. LOL! I could imagine Sir Rolf Harris doing it.

We always knew you were a hottie, FM. :D (But 39C is seriously hot. Whew!) Are you in the outback? It was 29C/84F here today, not nearly as bad as what you're suffering.

I bet the 'Merican peoples can not imagine having watermelon at Christmas. :ROFL:

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:D We've been in shorts and ate outside by the pool yesterday. It's not summer weather here, but it's pretty darn nice. :Sun: