A Life of Crime and Chocolate

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I'm going to be honest, Bob, I really think he's right. You're not giving Russia the attention it deserves. This is why we're paying you the big bucks, right?! :ROFL:

I'll be logging off, soon, by the way, until after the storm. Please pray and send good wishes. I hope to be back in a few days. Alleycat will be keeping my Facebook page updated as I'm able to update him. The eye of the storm is headed directly over me. Not sure what to expect but we're keeping our sense of humor and our faith. We'll be just fine, no matter what. :)
Hoping and praying you are alright!

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HJ is safe! :snoopy: (Though probably in need of a lot of coffee. :D)

(Can you tell I'm missing SA?)

Oh, yes. But not for the math. :D

'Fess up, Cassie. It's really the potjiekos, the boerewors, the melktert and the integrated conviviality.

And 'cos we're all so darn good-looking.

Okay. Maybe not that last bit.

:roll:

Last edited:

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's gone very quiet in here. You all behaving?

winking23.gif

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
*stage whisper*

osg, they're on to us

*normal voice*

Haha, so let's stop all this talk about crimes that osg and I totally haven't committed yet and talk more about chocolate! And coffee!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I think you're all confused with this talk of cake. It should be PIE.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
You guys are always misspelling CAKE.

Anybody have some inspiration they care to share today? I'm feeling glum and I'm cake-free and I need to be slapped with the CHEER THE @#$!! UP stick.

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are always misspelling CAKE.

Anybody have some inspiration they care to share today? I'm feeling glum and I'm cake-free and I need to be slapped with the CHEER THE @#$!! UP stick.

:Hug2:

I don't know if the fall has already begun where you are but if it has, take a nice long stroll and look at the colors. Look for a homeless person and give him/her every last cent that's in your wallet. (It's hard to feel down when you're helping someone else feel better.)

And if you can't find cake - eat doughnuts.

:)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:Hug2:

I don't know if the fall has already begun where you are but if it has, take a nice long stroll and look at the colors. Look for a homeless person and give him/her every last cent that's in your wallet. (It's hard to feel down when you're helping someone else feel better.)

And if you can't find cake - eat doughnuts.

:)

You are excellent. These are lovely suggestions.

As it happens, we live in the woods, and I noticed earlier that we're starting to get some red on the trees in our front yard. It goes spectacular here in the fall, although sometimes only for a day or two!

I have not been out enough this week to encounter any homeless people, but we made some disaster relief donations earlier. It's never enough, but dammit, it's something that will help someone.

And someone said something lovely about my book on Twitter, so being the shallow person I am I find myself a tad cheered up. :)

GailD

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And someone said something lovely about my book on Twitter, so being the shallow person I am I find myself a tad cheered up. :)

Ha! You're about as shallow as the Mariana Trench! I know. I've read your books! You plumb the depths of your characters with consummate ease and it takes a lot of deep thinking to do that. I'm waiting for the new one to get onto Kindle and I'm buying it!

So there! Don't even try to talk me out of it. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Ha! You're about as shallow as the Mariana Trench! I know. I've read your books! You plumb the depths of your characters with consummate ease and it takes a lot of deep thinking to do that. I'm waiting for the new one to get onto Kindle and I'm buying it!

So there! Don't even try to talk me out of it. :D

*sniff* Thank you, Gail. You are a wonderful person.

(Also, character-wise, I feel like Ted is a little bit shallow, but I think it's a coping mechanism for him.)

I found this kinda inspirational, if only in a "I'm actually doing fine" way.

:roll: That Gatsby cake is nightmare fodder, but I totally want a graduation cat.