A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
That's what they told me when you guys made me take that test, anyway.

Look, we explained this to you. You HAVE to know some math to get in. Who else is going to help me when mathy things happen?!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
But...but mine was an essay test. About clothing, and handcuffs, and....wait. Maybe I'm confusing two different entrance exams.

Oh, haha! Yes, sorry. Let's not mention that one in public, okay?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I know! I'm connected with some of you on Facebook, but not all. Love keeping up with everyone's lives.

Here: Yesterday I took a day-long concealed carry class, including a live simulation of a couple of crimes and how I would react. It was... enlightening. Also qualified on the range pretty handy-dandy, if I do say so myself. It will be helpful in writing. And other stuff. :)

How about you, Cassi?

Life is insane. I am working for a Third Party Administrator over retirement plans. I started back in March (actually got hired away from my former employer) and I hit the ground running every day.
I've been swimming again and trying to stay healthy.

I've been wondering...what do you guys and gals would think would be a murder weapon of choice for a woman? I once read it would be a knife or poison...anyone agree with that and why not a gun? Keep in mind, my MC is a woman and she is trained with all kinds of weaponry as a law enforcement officer.

Last edited:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
If she's in law enforcement, then she's thinking evidence. So that would mean a throw-away gun that can't be traced back to her.

Most woman don't like blades because it's messy honestly, it can be hard to kill someone with a blade. You've got to be accurate and fast.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I
Most woman don't like blades because it's messy honestly, it can be hard to kill someone with a blade. You've got to be accurate and fast.

And strong.

Many women trend toward poison. Easy, painless (well, for the woman), less mess. But if she's LE, then I agree, a throw gun is the way to go. She'll know how to get her hands on a gun that can't be traced to her.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, been a long time but here to say that I have returned. I just needed a bit of break from here but I'm back. It be nice catching up with all of you.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
It's terrific here, Mr. :) Also full of surprises, and I'm so glad yours included a job!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Mr Mitchell, and congrats on the new job.:hooray:

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
Wimmin with bad attitudes tend to boil rat poison and slip it into their Significant Others' soup. And most of them get by with it, too.
Other ladies (?) tend to try to find someone else to do the dirty deed. Often they end up hiring an undercover cop, which ends badly for them. Not something you can advertise a lot about.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I vote against knives. Close quarters is too risky unless it's heat of the moment. Gun v. poison depends on the setting for the kill and overall context. I like to make things explode, but I've been known to use poison. (Ahem. All make-believe, of course.)

And HELLO. It's been... months? All year? I can't recall, but I see new names. Hello, people new to me! :hi:

I've been swallowed by the work monster. Send an extraction team. Keep sending them until I am extracted. It's dire. I received a lovely promotion that allows me to keep my old job too, and all the extra hours I'm logging are just slowing my sink. I'm mobilizing my job search and need to be better at enforcing boundaries so I can have some kind of personal life again. I'd really, really like to finish my WIP.

CHOCOLATE. PIE. (Liz can have cake.)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:back, Namatu!!!! It's been wayyy too long!

Fight that evil work monster. :whip: We need you here. :D