A Life of Crime and Chocolate

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could kill characters as effectively as I seem to have killed this thread. :D

But I'm reviving it to say, 'Lookit who's book is on top of the forums!!!' Way to go, Liz!!! :Trophy:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I wish I could kill characters as effectively as I seem to have killed this thread. :D

Sorry, I was hungover from too much cake.

I made a raspberry crumble thingy last night, which as it turns out is better this morning.

But I'm reviving it to say, 'Lookit who's book is on top of the forums!!!' Way to go, Liz!!! :Trophy:

Isn't it pretty? :D There are lovely people here at AW.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kaiya.pl

Registered
Reaction score
*opens box with an assortment of chocolate* Chocolate anyone? Anyways, I'm new to AW and I started writing a novel but I'm suffering from a severe case of writers block. Other than that, not much has happened besides my grandfather passing.

Oh and I'm also learning french!

Kaiya.pl

Registered
Reaction score
Well my main character Elisabeth killed two people. One of her friends Luc found out so she killed him too (well she thinks she killed him). I plan to bring him back later as the antagonist. I want her to end up in the hospital because of the gunshot wound but I'm not sure where I should take it after that. Here are the last few lines of the latest chapter.

"There’s banging at the door. “POLICE OPEN UP.” I don’t move. I can hear them breaking my door down. There are people running up the steps. One look at this room and they’ll know what I’ve done. A man walks in. It’s my dad. “YOUR—” he stops. Another man walks in. I hear a gunshot. It’s cold again. Everything goes black."

I've been stuck for about 6 weeks so I'm open to any suggestions!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I like to think of the worst possible thing that could happen to my MC at this point, even (especially!) if it's totally implausible. More than once I've thought "Oh, I can't do THAT," and of course it turns out to be exactly what the story needed. At the very least, it gets me out of a rut in my thinking.

Kaiya.pl

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply guys, but thanks for the advice and the warm welcome! I actually did come up with something. It came while reading a few of the books I have in the house. How has your day been guys? Tell me all about it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry for the late reply guys, but thanks for the advice and the warm welcome! I actually did come up with something. It came while reading a few of the books I have in the house. How has your day been guys? Tell me all about it.

I wrote way more words than I thought I would because the manuscript was at 13,000 and I needed it to be 14,000 because 13 is unlucky and despite being completely rational I'm really superstitious.

And cats slept on me. It was nice.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
And cats slept on me. It was nice.

My tribe. I was trying to explain to my boss why it's comforting to have a cat on you and he was all BUT IT'S A CAT and I said yes, but the purring and the peacefulness and the stroking of fur and he was all BUT IT'S A CAT so we agreed to disagree. He doesn't know what he's missing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
But you guys, you have seen Ana on Facebook doing her clever, sweet little destruction of the Christmas tree. Who could resist that face?!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ana is cute, but dogs are waaay cuter. :greenie

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a vague feeling that Muse and Namatu just might prefer dogs.

I mean, I might be wrong. Don't spread it around. But I can't shake the feeling. :Shrug:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a vague feeling that Muse and Namatu just might prefer dogs.

I mean, I might be wrong. Don't spread it around. But I can't shake the feeling. :Shrug:

Darn it, what gave it away? :greenie

Omniregency

A Rouge
Registered
Reaction score
Dogs are nice, but cats are better. Or at the very least think that they are far superior to dogs, humans, everything... :p