A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
HJ 'chocolate covered' is a real mystery! What sort of chocolate? White? Dark? How thick was the chocolate? Could you see the raspberry shape or were they bomb shaped? Ovoid? Were the words you knocked out concerning choccy covered fruit or something else? I want details please?

I use the vegan chocolate chips, melt them down, and drip them over the raspberries. Very messy. (I love messy.) In theory, I'd put them in the fridge to cool but screw that. It was wonnnnnnnderful. And messy.

The words were a random short story, an exercise to get me writing again. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you guys are making me want Marks & Spencers' white chocolate coated strawberries now. Shall have to nip in there tomorrow when I go to Anděl.

Oh, and I just need to jump around a bit, because it's now only three days until I fly over to Los Angeles! I have even started packing, which is an indication of my excitement because normally I forget until the last minute. And then I get to go home to Scotland for Christmas as well, and collect a few more of my books from home.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I use the vegan chocolate chips, melt them down, and drip them over the raspberries. Very messy. (I love messy.) In theory, I'd put them in the fridge to cool but screw that. It was wonnnnnnnderful. And messy.

The words were a random short story, an exercise to get me writing again. :)

They sound really good. I may have to make some - but finding raspberries at this time of year that are fresh and tasty might be a tad difficult. I like messy! :))))

Zelenka have a good trip.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Have fun, Zelenka!

Shakes, good raspberries are best, but even so-so ones drenched in good chocolate are divine... :e2cloud9:

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
So-so raspberries soaked in brandy and then used in raspberry cheesecake are amazing! Especially if you drain off the brandy and save it to drink with said cheesecake :))))))))

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want chocolate-coated chocolate.

No.

Wait.

I need chocolate-coated chocolate. Lots of it. Tons of it. Truckoads of it!!!

:e2cry:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I survived the day because of chocolate. Chocolate saves lives!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

No.

Wait.

Oh no! What's wrong, Gail? :Hug2:

Its a girl!! We just had our second child! Welcome to the world, Charley Frances Bush!

Congratulations, Todd. She is absolutely gorgeous. :)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Wait ... how do you know she's gorgeous? Well, not that she wouldn't be and of course it goes without saying she is, but your statement implies you saw a picture. And said picture is being selfishly hoarded I take it? :cry:

Congrats Todd! :PartySmil

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
*bites into an almond magnum icecream*

Congrats Todd. My niece is Charli - Cute name and love the spelling :)

My grandfather was Charles Francis - May he Rest in peace - Even better name choice on your behalf :)

Had the most hectic day with hospital appointments for my son, on the plus side, I started chapter 6 of my WIP on hte train there.

Last edited:

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score

No.

Wait.

Now you are just being greedy. And confused. Ah well, the chocolate will sort them both out!

Its a girl!! We just had our second child! Welcome to the world, Charley Frances Bush!

Congratulations! :snoopy:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, also, I know this isn't anything compared to people who have books and stories published but I have my first ever paid writing gig. It's just for my current boss, who wants some stuff written for her new website, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! She called and said she'd been reading my blog, which is in the signature on my emails but I usually forget about it being there, but she said she was impressed by my writing there and so would I come in on this project!

So I'm quite happy. :)

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: Congratulations, Todd, and lots and lots of good wishes!

I was in shock! I learned that 115K is still too much for a first novel submission. I was down to 135K from 196K and felt that I could make the 115K target.

So I needed a lot of chocolate.

I had to pop into the supermarket for bread and milk and you know how they put those racks of goodies right at the till. They had 100g slabs of Cadburys Bourneville on special. I bought one and scoffed the whole thing!! :)

Okay, I'll own up. I bought two. But I hid the other one.

I'm trying to forget where I hid it.

I'm not succeeding. :D

ETA: Congrats, Zelenka! May this paying gig multiply!

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: French Maiden! I hope your son is okay.

Thanks for the concern. Yes, He's fine, just follow up appointments for his eyes.

Last year he was having treatment for cancer - a brain tumor (he's in remission now) so we've got 10 more years of follow up appointments - i better get used to trhem :p

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Todd: I wish I had facebook... And well done Zelenka, too. I had a productive week up until today - too many late nights, I think or else I'm just getting old. (Surely not??)

ETA: G'day Maiden - another Aussie! Yayy!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the concern. Yes, He's fine, just follow up appointments for his eyes.

Last year he was having treatment for cancer - a brain tumor (he's in remission now) so we've got 10 more years of follow up appointments - i better get used to trhem :p

:Hug2: Wow. I'm so sorry your family has to go through that.

My dad recently celebrated 10 years cancer-free after stage 4 colon cancer. We are :snoopy: and :hooray: with him. :) I pray those 10 years go quickly for you and your boy.