OctNoWriMo

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Removed about 4 pages of needless babble. For the first time this week, I feel ok about what I edited. It's still gonna need several passes, but the story is going along. Prose is still garbage. But I have story.

by the way, how's the arm, K?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did my Uni presentation today. It was received well. :)

The lecturer actually said to me afterwards, "You know, with that picture and the speech you wrote, you could submit that a sociology journal." So my head is rather swollen right now. :tongue

I might wind up submitting it somewhere, maybe... I don't know. Would a sociology journal even publish something by someone who has only done Intro To Sociology? It's just a mood piece really... It gets pretty heavy in the middle there, but it all comes back to the picture (an abstract) so who knows?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got plenty done yesterday. :D But after dinner, I watched TV, and then got on my laptop to work on my Spanish.

Well...

<-- That happened instead...

It's totally cute, pero no habla español... >.>'

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Nice. :)

Today I get to do a bunch of house work, cleaning my bedroom and the bathroom. And probably the kitchen, as mum seems to have ignored that part of the house... Like, she said "Well, now I just have to do upstairs." Yet the kitchen looks dirty...

So I'm going to do my bedroom first, and blast some music while I work. :)

I might even have time tonight to work on my plans for NaNo...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Right. 6 hours later, and the bathroom is pretty damn clean, my bedroom is almost finished, and I just want to die.

The kitchen is still a mess. I might clean it up while I cook dinner tonight (soon). My bedroom? Well, apart from doing a cleanout last week where I got rid of tonnes of stuff, I have now moved everything that was under my bed to somewhere else. Apparently, mum thinks that if prospective house buyers see things under beds, they'll assume there's not enough space in the house...

Right... So buyers won't look at the actual sizes of the rooms, the storage capacities, the number of rooms, the fact that it's double storey, and think, "Hmm, yeah, there's heaps of space here!" ? *headdesk*

I have also cleaned most of my room. Vacuumed whatever could be reached, cleaned a few bug-splatter stains off the walls, cleaned the ceiling fan, cleaned the windowsill, dusted various things...

Mum's verdict? Not "Oh, good work!" No. It was "Oh, you still need to do this and this." Yeah, I know.

*tries not to rant too much*

*looks into the future where he will have his own place and not have to put up with her*

*smiles*

Oh, and I now need to remake my bed (I washed my bedding), make dinner, try to relax for a little while, then go straight to bed, because I have a very early start tomorrow morning for work.

I swear, I do more work at home than I do at the actual paying job!

Looks like I won't be making any NaNo plans tonight. *sigh*

/ramble

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I also manoeuvred various bits of furniture within my room, so that I could get a chest of drawers out of my room and into sis's old room. I intend to sell it, or at least donate it to a charity store.

I had to do this today, as I won't feel like it tomorrow after work, and mum's friend is coming around to shift some big items to a different location with his big truck-like car thingy the following day.

Early.

So I wouldn't have time to do it then, if I wanted to sleep in at all.

So now the small table that was upstairs is where my chest of drawers used to be (it's my table) which makes upstairs look a bit better, and gives me more storage space in my room (under and on top of and next to the table).

And my Wii stuff has been stored away upstairs.

/ramble

Forgive my rambling. I'm just in one of those moods.

Carry on. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
The fluffy little kitty I drew wants me to:

*finish my history essay that I never got done (teacher said turn it in whenever)
*finish (start...) my health presentation (teacher assigned us ANOTHER...)
*read at least part of The Red Badge of Courage for English even though my teacher never gave me an actual copy of the book... ETA: mom just bought me a copy about an hour ago
*work on college application and essay
*work on about ten scholarship applications
*finish this Spanish unit already...
*remember all the other things I was supposed to do...

All this weekend... Good thing there's no school today...

~Amber~

Last edited:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Phew. Ok. Day 1 of the lost weekend. I've been working since maybe 1:50. I did take a little nap in there sometimes, but I got up to page 28 in edits, and I see that I've added 3 pages. I've also deleted hella stuff, so it's hard to count how much editing I've done.

But it's a good amount and I'm not done. I'm going till at least 8pm when Dreamcatcher is on AMC. That is my reward.

farewell for now...

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I have what is either a really good or a really stupid idea. :D

I've been underachieving my goals I set up for months, so I'm going to set myself up for underachievement for NaNo. I'm going to aim for 100k so maybe I'll get at least halfway there. :D If I actually get the whole 100k somehow, I'll buy myself something nice for Christmas.

This should be fun...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I like that plan, Vamp! Last NaNo I aimed at doing 300k. I wound up with 60k, but I still beat the goal. :)

Okay... So I didn't even get a chance to turn my computer on yesterday! Here's how my day went:

5.30am - wake up.
9am - start work.
1pm - finish work, covered in glitter from pricing Christmas decorations.
2.50pm - get to local shopping centre and do some shopping, then meet mum for a ride home.
3.45pm - start helping mum in the garden.
6.45pm - finish in the garden, start helping with furniture assembly inside.
8pm - go to nanna and grandad's place with a carload of stuff for the garage sale (we're gonna need a bigger garage!).
9.30pm - get home, realise I've been awake for 16 hours, fall into bed.

Long day. No computer. On the plus side, I did have 2 Jack Daniels and Cokes at nanna's. :tongue

And now today I get to help load dumpable garbage into a pick-up truck type affair so mum's friend can help clear the property a bit. Lots of heavy shit to move...

I may have some time this afternoon to work on my NaNo plans though. :) So maybe... 1pm till 3.30pm? Then we're going out for dinner for sis's boyfriend's birthday.

Sheesh, when did I start having such a busy life?!?

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Hm... The list I made on Friday now looks something like this...

*finish my history essay that I never got done
*finish my health presentation
*read at least part of The Red Badge of Courage for English
*work on college application and essay
*work on about ten scholarship applications
*finish this Spanish unit already...
*remember all the other things I was supposed to do...

I worked on my application a little... And some scholarship stuff... And I did half of my heath presentation...

I think I'm just lazy... :tongue May have to kick myself off the internet for awhile if I don't get some of it done soon...

*is glad most of this isn't due yet and NaNo is still two weeks away*

ETA: I got the powerpoint "done" for my heath report. :D Basically I just made all the bullets, and it looks kinda bad because it's all boring--white background, black text--but my health teacher couldn't care less. If I feel like fixing it later tonight, I will, but I'm fine with how it is now because it'll at least give me a passing grade.

*checks one task off list of a million tasks*

~Amber~

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty busy, yep. :tongue I actually have one scholarship essay that I REALLY want to write right now, but I still have to do the history essay... And the admissions essay... I think the last one should be priority #1 right now, especially since NaNo will have already started when I need to have it done... (Apparently the university has a kind of small schools program where you take all of the application stuff there and sit with an admissions person, and they tell you whether you're in or not by the end of the day. ^^ It's on the 5th, I think... Yay for being part of a school the size of a dollhouse!)

Glad you're not hung over, Cliff. :tongue

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Got a page and a half of outline written this afternoon. That should account for maybe half the novel, though not yet in enough detail for my liking...

Gonna watch a movie now. Early start tomorrow, so I want to try to unwind a bit.