Am I l leaving anything out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

In December I'll be self-publishing a non-fiction book as an e-book, and I know it's important to have marketing plans in place a long time before the book release so you aren't scrambling around trying to figure things out.

So here's what I have planned:

1) I am interviewing 5 or 6 voice actors to include these interviews in the book. They are all very well-known among my book's intended audience. I will ask them to mention the book to their fans, and mention their interviews on their fan clubs myself.

2) I am spotlighting ten very popular anime conventions (again, the attendees of these cons are my intended audience). I plan to have the conventions advertise for me in their programs, and on their websites (official sites, Facebook pages, and mailing lists).

3) I am also highlighting a number of other very popular people among my audience, and I will be asking them to mention their involvement to their fans.

4) I am a blogger regarding my topic. I will be arranging a blog tour with other popular bloggers in my field. The book will be announced on my blog and I will add a link to buy it prettymuch right at the top.

5) I will be mailing announcements to a number of clubs who are involving my topic.

6) I will be asking the major magazine on my topic for a review.

7) I will order many business cards advertising the book, to be passed out an any convention I attend (whether or not it is one of them showcased in the book).

8) Promote book on cosplay.com, where a lot of people in my target audience spend their time.

9) Update my signature here; post in the self-promotion section on here.

Is there anything I'm missing? If so, let me know. I think I've been pretty thorough, but hey, I'm always open to new ideas.

Thanks,

Arianna S :D

BySharonNelson

(Insert something whitty here)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bysharonnelson.blogspot.com
The one thing I have found to be a very large driver in sales is Amazon and BN reviews. Not just from reviewers and magazines but from readers. Once our books start getting reviews on the sales pages for these 2 sites sales spike in a pretty remarkable way. Of course if the reviews are bad then you are pretty much dead in the water. It is a good idea to encourage every reader to leave a review on which ever site they purchase the book from. This is a huge motivator for people considering buying your book. Good luck with your release. It's tons of work but well worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.