The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Content site] SetUpYourWebsites.com

practical experience, FTW

Question [Content site] SetUpYourWebsites.com

Has anyone heard of setupyourwebsites.com? You review websites and get paid, but I'm wondering if this is worth writing for. Is the pay worth it and do they pay out like they claim? Thanks

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    <rant> IMNSHO, all these "content" and "review" sites are nothing more than harvesters for search engine traffic. (And as a researcher by day, I'm increasingly irritated by the rising tide of &^@$# I have to wade through to find useful information. </rant>

That being said, since they provide no info without surrendering an email address, this one sounds particularly phishy.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Agreed. Complete waste of time for the writer in terms of cash or experience, actively detrimental to the web as a whole. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, and I have no idea about this one specifically, but most of them are the equivalent of turning tricks in a dark alley downtown.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Sorry... please try back in 2007!
    This site is down for adminstrative revamping and we remain down until at least January 1, 2007.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: