• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Drew Nelson Book Agency

mrhyne

mrhyne
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a literary agent named Drew Nelson? I googled the name but only came up with the singer, Drew Nelson--no literary agent. The reason I'm asking is because I submitted to another agent and after a few weeks I received an e-mail from Drew saying said agent had suffered a 'family tragedy' and has closed her agency until further notice and passed it on to him thinking we would be a good match. I dunno. Sounds hinky to me. I responded and asked which literary agency he was with. I just sent it so I have no response yet. I know I should wait until I hear back--but thought perhaps someone on here has heard of him. Your thoughts?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
P&E notes under New Agents: "17 Sep 11 - Drew Nelson Book Agency: Fiction Only. Query by email (in the link) with the first sample chapter and a full synopsis."

So, yeah, definitely get his credentials before proceeding.

Which agency allegedly shared your info with him? (Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share publicly.)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Has anyone heard of a literary agent named Drew Nelson? I googled the name but only came up with the singer, Drew Nelson--no literary agent. The reason I'm asking is because I submitted to another agent and after a few weeks I received an e-mail from Drew saying said agent had suffered a 'family tragedy' and has closed her agency until further notice and passed it on to him thinking we would be a good match.

This sounds awfully similar to this (part of the Drew Montgomery Literary Agency thread). Putting it together with the name...it may be nothing, but be careful.

Who was the other agent?

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Over a year later, and the only hits are this thread and P&E. Anyone else contacted by this person? Or find evidence this is in fact another alias of Drew Montgomery?