The Novel Challenge Sign-Up Booth--it's never too late to join!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm finished vacillating. I'm in. One novel, six months—then, we'll see if I can write a second. It's possible, don't you think? After all, I sit here on mah tookus fourteen hours a day, seven days a week. I could be writing. Maybe.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Sweet--I'll play. :)

Right now I'm scrambling to finish the first draft of my WIP before Nov 1st and am outlining a new idea (WIP2) for NaNoWriMo.

I'd like to manage the following:
1) Finish WIP2 rough draft by December 2011.
2) Edit/Polish WIP1 and an older trunked novel for submission by no later than April 1, 2012.
Yay, ladylilchubb! Sounds like a good plan, too. :hooray:

I'll be editing while writing new book stuff in November. :) So yay.

I am just wondering which one to work on first. ;)
Heh--at least you've got plenty of choices :)

Okay, I'm finished vacillating. I'm in. One novel, six months—then, we'll see if I can write a second. It's possible, don't you think? After all, I sit here on mah tookus fourteen hours a day, seven days a week. I could be writing. Maybe.
Welcome, Ari. We'll keep you motivated. :snoopy:

That's 46 challengers...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
This is so wrong - wanting a new month to start... I can't afford a new month, but I want to start NaNo!!!!1!!!

Sigh. I have to finish this edit, first. Goshdarnit.
:D

And...

4 more to get to 50, folks. Can we do it before November 1?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. Why not? I'm in. :)

I want to be done with the first draft by the end of November, and done with my edits by the end of... I'm going with March for now, but that may change. ;) Little busy to be thinking about deadlines past NaNo at the moment...

~Amber~

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do Nano again this year.

I just decided to give it a go.

I won last year and the year before and I expect I can hack out the words this year too.
But I'm not promising I'll do anything with it afterwards.

Does that make me number 50?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'm in! I am doing NaNo for the first time this year, so this will help keep me going after November.
woohoo! :e2woo: Welcome along, Kadeira!

November creeps closer...I'm excited to get started on the challenge!
Only a few more sleeps... :D

I'm going to do Nano again this year.

I just decided to give it a go.

I won last year and the year before and I expect I can hack out the words this year too.
But I'm not promising I'll do anything with it afterwards.

Does that make me number 50?
:hooray: Yay, Lillie. You're number 49.

Just 1 more for 50, peeps!

Agonyzer

Writer, enthusiast, semipope
Registered
Reaction score
So much research going on here! I'm starting to approach the outlining phase as I wrap up character sketches.

November 1st is SOOO CLOOOOSE!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I've been using the structure posts from storyfix.com to work through my outline. Some of the posts (on hooks and such) seem more genre-specific, but the structure ones are filling in exactly the holes I've had on previous novels.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished a tentative completion plan according to which, by December 2012, I'll manage to complete, revise and have in query-able condition, 5 novels (2 of which are currently up to the brainstorming/plotting stage only, the other three in various first draft stages from previous NaNoWriMos, ranging from 35-52k words).

I don't know, saying that sounds crazy to me, but looking at the way it's plotted out right now makes it seem so very do-able...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
So much research going on here! I'm starting to approach the outlining phase as I wrap up character sketches.

November 1st is SOOO CLOOOOSE!
:D Only a few more sleeps!

I've been using the structure posts from storyfix.com to work through my outline. Some of the posts (on hooks and such) seem more genre-specific, but the structure ones are filling in exactly the holes I've had on previous novels.
Coolio. It's always a great feeling to discover something that helps our writing, isn't it?

Just finished a tentative completion plan according to which, by December 2012, I'll manage to complete, revise and have in query-able condition, 5 novels (2 of which are currently up to the brainstorming/plotting stage only, the other three in various first draft stages from previous NaNoWriMos, ranging from 35-52k words).

I don't know, saying that sounds crazy to me, but looking at the way it's plotted out right now makes it seem so very do-able...
Yeeha! Corral those manuscripts and train them up good. Having 5 novels doing the rounds 12 months from now would be awesome stuff!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Also, we need one more entrant to reach 50. Will it be you? *cheesy grin*

virtue_summer

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
I'll sign up. I started doing write1/sub1 for short fiction and it's gotten me moving on getting more done. I didn't think I'd be writing any more novels for a while, but an idea for a novel has invaded my head now and it won't leave so I think I'll cut back my short fiction to monthly and do the novel challenge too. And I'm thinking 12 months to write, edit, and start submitting sounds good.

Am I number 50?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'll sign up. I started doing write1/sub1 for short fiction and it's gotten me moving on getting more done. I didn't think I'd be writing any more novels for a while, but an idea for a novel has invaded my head now and it won't leave so I think I'll cut back my short fiction to monthly and do the novel challenge too. And I'm thinking 12 months to write, edit, and start submitting sounds good.

Am I number 50?
:partyguy::Cake::PartySmil:TheWave::Trophy::e2woo::e2cheer::e2dance::e2headban

Yes. Yes, you are.

:) Welcome to the Noveleers!

Now that we've reached 50, i'll start sending out copies of Comets and Criminals issue #1 to all those who'd like one. If you've already PM'd me you'll get your copies shortly. If you haven't yet PM'd me and would like a copy, then send me that PM (complete with email address, of course). Formats available are .mobi, .epub and .pdf.

woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Reckon we can rope in a few more wandering writers, peeps?

Agonyzer

Writer, enthusiast, semipope
Registered
Reaction score
There! We're over 50 and chomping at the bit. Let's write a bunch of amazing novels! I'm spending the weekend outlining now that I have at least a vague sketch of the major characters and a handful of inspiring scenes. Monday is perfect for me to gather a last deep breath of energy (I'm pagan) and Tuesday will beg for word 1!

Now, if I can just get near 3k a day...

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Shout out here: Thanks to bettilee's blog post (Write 1 Sub 1 Novel Style), I'm in! My goal is to start writing November 1, first draft done by the end of the month, and edited and ready to sub by the end of January or February.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
There! We're over 50 and chomping at the bit. Let's write a bunch of amazing novels! I'm spending the weekend outlining now that I have at least a vague sketch of the major characters and a handful of inspiring scenes. Monday is perfect for me to gather a last deep breath of energy (I'm pagan) and Tuesday will beg for word 1!

Now, if I can just get near 3k a day...
That's the spirit, Agonyzer! Roll on November 1! :)

Shout out here: Thanks to bettilee's blog post (Write 1 Sub 1 Novel Style), I'm in! My goal is to start writing November 1, first draft done by the end of the month, and edited and ready to sub by the end of January or February.
woohoo! Welcome along, Yeshanu. :hooray:

And yay, bettielee, for blogging about it. Nicely done :)

I've been thinking we'll need regular motivational boosts of some sort, in the form of good articles about the process, or nice success stories, etc. If anybody has any online resources/articles/lists in particular they love or refer to often, PM me. Also, we might look at doing blog chains every few months, too.

If you have any other ideas of things that might help with motivation, PM me :)

:e2headban Write on, peeps!

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
OK, so, just over a day before the novel challenge starts. Not sure how this is going to work.

I've finished 2 chapters this week, to bring my novel to 25,000 words. Which is precisely where I wanted it to be - with the 50,000 words of Nano, that is (almost) a complete first draft.

Not sure the novel is actually any good. As a rule, this is my "suck stage," and this novel is no different than normal.

Last edited: