BayCon: Open until the 15th (but really the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
I realize it's late, but many of you may have noticed our market listing in Ralan and/or Duotrope.

For technical reasons (as in: I'm sick and I haven't written the code yet for people to be able to check status but not submit), I won't be shutting off submissions until the 18th, so you've got a few days left!

So far, we've got 15 flash submissions. More would be nice. :)

Guidelines are here. Short version: pro rates, looking for flash (<=1k words) or short stories 4k words or fewer. There are specific requirements, so please read the guidelines.

Short story will be published in our program book, which will have a cover from Stephan Martiniere, our Artist Guest of Honor for 2012. Flash piece will be published in a progress report. Both will also appear in an e-book.

EricK

Registered
Reaction score
Did you decide not to have the no SFWA members requirement?

I see from your website that the first story published was from an SFWA member.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
Daily Science Fiction was not a SFWA-qualifying market when the BayCon market opened. We had several people who'd asked about whether their sales there would disqualify them; if DSF became qualifying (as it did), the qualification was retroactive.

So KG is a SFWA member now, but wasn't when BayCon's market opened (or, for that matter, closed).

Status
Not open for further replies.