Help - Anyone with experience getting accepted by Wisegeek.com

artisynmedia

Writer | Health | Technology
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience on getting accepted as a a contributing writer to Wisegeek? I've applied more than once making sure the samples I submitted specifically fit their style and even formatting my titles to look exactly like how Wisegeek formats their titles. I was confident I would be allowed to move forward to the testing phase. However, I did receive a quick turnaround on my application and get the typical form letter that they were impressed by my qualifications, but they were unable to allow me to test. I have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree with a specialization in oncology, and I work for a premiere comprehensive cancer center in California. Surely I thought that would have given me a strong advantage to work on their health and medical related topics. After receiving a second denial I'm completely baffled on what type of qualities they are looking for in a writer? Can anyone who is currently a writer share any insight on this? If they're turning down people who have years of education in a particular domain then who the heck do they want? I heard they only pay between $10-$15 per accepted article, but surely a person who has 10+ years in the industry is getting paid much higher margins than playing around with the small boys.

Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.