Purgatory's SPit Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think this must be the thread for me (after surviving purgatory, sub-purgatory and the next circle of hell a couple of years ago).

Now I'm suddenly re-agented by a rockstar (YAY!!) and yet sad because my best friend just got dumped by hers (BOO)....

WHAT A WEEK! :eek: What're we drinking in here??

PS. Wow Silver, good luck!! (bites nails)

Congrats! Sad for your friend, but you should still be happy. We haven't established set drinks here yet. So...bars open!

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
ok meetings set..both editors were like "these are informal meet and greets, just so you understand there is no offer"...um yeah, but thanks for making me second guess all of this now... oh and also- then why did you say yes... my agent is new to both of them- so it certainly aint a favor to her- but i guess now it feel like its a favor to me...
in pit-worthy fashion

Last edited:

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Gatita! And yay Silver! Where are these meetings? You are going to NY?

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
yes i will be there for a wedding this weekend- this all fell into place today...now i have to go home, pack and board a red-eye...im just a little bit STRESSED!!!

Last edited:

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
yes i will be there for a wedding this weekend- this all fell into place today...now i have to go home, pack and board a red-eye...im just a little bit STRESSED!!!

I hear ya doll. I just got back from my Big Meeting. My hair was weird. My clothes were...well, I'm a writer. I'd advise you to breathe but that didn't work for me. Mostly, I concentrated on my book. How I knew it inside and out. When Qs were asked I knew what I was talking about. Trust your gut.

all good things for you kid.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Congratulations, Silver. So many good things packed into one weekend. I'm sure you'll do fantastic.

Steve, love the information, thanks. I think I could benefit from get the story down then add voice. Otherwise I just spin my heels trying to get the voice so perfect I forget to move the story along.

MercyMe, congratulations on surviving and doing fantastically well (I know you did) on your Big Meeting.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Mercy, I rushed over here for the details when I saw you in the Pit! I'm sure it went well and that Silver's will too -- you both are funny and charming in the Pit. In real life you must be just as lovely.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Silver! All crossables crossed!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Breathe Silver, breathe! And, yeah, I'm sure you already got that 'there was no offer' :s

WHOOT MERCAAAYYYY!!!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Mercy, I rushed over here for the details when I saw you in the Pit! I'm sure it went well and that Silver's will too -- you both are funny and charming in the Pit. In real life you must be just as lovely.

Seconding what Kellion said. You're both going to do great. Good luck!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Mercy, I repped you, but just wanted to publicly say, "YAY!"

I've been trying to keep up with these threads at work, but failing miserably.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
*Twiddling thumbs while waiting for Silver to drop in and tell us how editors' meetings went* ;)

Gatita

Girl reporter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also dying to hear how the meetings went now too...

Mercy, thanks for sharing your experience.. sounds like it went well!

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just waiting to board the plane back to pdx. the meetings went great- both editors were helpful and gracious. one wants to work in a back and forth revision process and one is willing to read a revision. they were both super supportive of me and my writing. interestingly all they kept saying was- i NEED to be able to sell your novel internally and it needs these things for me to be able to do that: a romance, higher concept, more of an emotional arc. I am going to give it my best shot.
interestingly one of them said, i probably would have been able to acquire this as is 5 years ago- but twilight, hunger games has changed the market...
thanks for all the support here and on the pit and obviously will keep you all posted on my progress and probably be in the pit to complain about said progress too.
:)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Silver, YAY! That's excellent news! And you can definitely do it! :D

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds very positive, Silver! What a dream -- to have an editor to work with like that, with or without a contract!

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Way to go, Silver. May you end up with a manuscript you love even more, however this works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.