Purgatory's SPit Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Mario, all victories are necessary to celebrate. Glad to see you returning to your scripts. :D

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Write while the muse is nagging, Mario! Great news.

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
Guys! I just found out my first editorial review will be posted tomorrow. New York Journal of Books! and it's good :).
Here's an excerpt!

“Pretty Amy is a coming-of-age story without the comfort of padding. . . .
Lisa Burstein’s debut novel traces the saga of Amy Fleishman, age
seventeen. The book opens on what is one of the most significant days of
Amy’s life: the senior prom. . . . When the girls get stood up for the prom,
they make a woeful decision that leads to them getting arrested and facing
real jail time. It’s a life-defining moment ultimately forcing Amy to explore
and confront who she is—and who she wants to be. Lisa Burstein dares
to write a young adult story with a female protagonist that minimizes the
romance, focusing instead on the character’s psychological underpinnings
and true motivation. . . . Pretty Amy makes a great selection for the school
market [allowing] young people to debate the actions and motivations of
the characters without getting bored in the process . . . “

—New York Journal of Books

squee!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! It sounds like they really got it!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Silver!

"... dares to write a young adult story with a female protagonist that minimizes the romance" <- oh thank Gawd! I'm so sick of the generic YA which *must* focus on the romance

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Woohoo, Silver! That's an awesome review, and it looks like they really got what you were trying to say. So satisfying when someone gets it, isn't it?

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
YAY SILVER!!!! THAT'S AWESOME! Congrats! Can't wait to read. :D

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much you guys!!! Entangled being so small and new, it's a big deal to get reviewed by the real guys. I think it might be their first book reviewed there.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks so much you guys!!! Entangled being so small and new, it's a big deal to get reviewed by the real guys. I think it might be their first book reviewed there.

I dunno. Entangled is making huge strides real fast, being read and reviewed in all the right places. I've had my eye on them and, of course, my subs. Whatever they're doing, for a small press, they sure are attracting some lime light from the right sources.

So go you!

tri

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Silver! Can't wait to read this one! :snoopy:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Eep. It's been awhile since we've had some good news in here. I don't have much to add, but I am actually having a lunch meeting with my agents next week - junior and senior agent. Excited to meet the team and brainstorm ideas.

silver76

Registered
Reaction score
yay! snapps so fun to meet people who love your work :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
This is a repeat post from another thread, but I thought I'd spark up Spit Shine for those readers here:

Just lots of good things happening lately; I'm a little overwhelmed by it all: won a publisher novel contest for my latest YA, offering pub and an advance. Of course I had to tell my agent; it was a fluke sub on my part.

My new werewolf thriller should break any day now. I have yet to see the artwork, but everything is finished and ready to hit the online stores. It's called "The Wolfen Strain."

Have a R & R from a publisher as a result of an agent sub, so this one is very important, and I'm waiting for the re-write outline. Funny thing is, my MFC and the acquiring editor are both paraplegic, so this book could really benefit from some personal insight and authenticity. It's my adult thriller, and I'd thought this book had gone its course on the agent sub train.

As stated before, I put in my app to become a team writer on a 12 to 18-volume SFF series, and this is very close to a book packaging deal but only for multiple books, and the pay is mid-line to good. Still waiting on the app request.

I'm promoting my latest SF release and becoming more and more proud of its rank and sales--it went from dead stop to flank speed, and now is leveling out in a nice and steady sales wise performance. I expect the second prequel tie-in short story to appear on Amazon any day now, the artwork and formatting is finished.

I'm really hankering to write some new words on something but haven't decided yet. It could be a SF sequel, more short tie-ins, or a sequel to the prize winning YA story. This will all be determined in the next three weeks or so. I expect I will be tied up in the revision for the thriller, and that alone will keep me at the desk.

ETA: Can't believe my blog is doing this well. It's fairly new but I expect the page views to eclipse (in four months) my stupid little website, and the website has been up for six years. I can't figure out why I hadn't started a blog in the first place.

Tri

Last edited:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Tri, thanks for brightening up the place. Congratulations on all of your wonderful news! :D

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of good stuff, Tri! It sounds like you've been saving up the good news for awhile.

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Yay! Good news is alive for the pitizens.

Snappy, how exciting!

And Tri, wow, you're really on a roll. I know you've worked hard at this for a long time. It's great to see so much happening for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.