All the places we like to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
I have to be comfortable, with little to no distractions, to really be able to absorb a book. A quiet place like a comfy couch or the bathroom works for me.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Flarue,

For fun, I have been keeping track of the man places I've been reading. The last several days, I have read in the loo, in bed numerous times, and outside on the park bench. Seems my favorite is under the covers. :)

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
In the big red chair in my office, with the door closed and all the blinds up. At the Whistle Stop coffee shop. In bed. On the porch in the swing. In the break room at work. I have many favorite places.

Pauline Nolet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
paulinenolet.com
I can't be the only one who wants to deep six people who interrupt with "What are you reading?" or "Is that a good book?" can I?

I don't mind being interrupted if I'm reading for entertainment but do mind when I'm working. Then, instead of "what are you reading?" my BF would ask "Are you working?" <sigh>

Fortunately, I accidentally solved the problem when I started using my PDA for books I'm reading for work. Now he can just look to see which e-reader I'm using and know whether it's okay to interrupt.

I read pretty much anywhere...PDA for work, a non-backlit LCD for out and about where I might want to read in sunlight, and a backlit LCD for bedtime.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I usually go out to eat by myself, so I read a lot there. I also like to read in the evenings before bed.

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a tip: if I'm reading? LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

Thank you and goodnight.

Amen. Even if I know and like you, bother me while I'm reading and (chances are) I won't like you for much longer. :/

My favorite, though, is when people do this: "Oh, you're reading that book? I love that book!" I don't care what you think of it. Shaddup and let me form my own opinion. xD We can talk once I've finished.

To stay on topic though, baths and bed are my favorite places. Sometimes on my porch while I keep my furry friends company.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Amen. Even if I know and like you, bother me while I'm reading and (chances are) I won't like you for much longer. :/

My favorite, though, is when people do this: "Oh, you're reading that book? I love that book!" I don't care what you think of it. Shaddup and let me form my own opinion. xD We can talk once I've finished.

To stay on topic though, baths and bed are my favorite places. Sometimes on my porch while I keep my furry friends company.

Today while on my lunch break in the Square, I was reading a book my Lillian Braun, one of the first by her, and some parts were sending me in giggling fits. A woman walked past, commented on my book, and said, "Boy, it always feels good to laugh."

Didn't bother me a bit. If someone makes a comment about liking a book I'm reading, that is fine by me too.

It's when people want to engage in entire conversations while I'm ready. That's when I politely go on reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.