NaNoWriMo 2011

Stellan

Not that other guy
Registered
Reaction score
This will be my 11th (holy crap) NaNo, and hopefully my 9th success.

I may end up rebelling and adding 50K to my current project, since I reaaaaally want a finished and semi-coherent draft before January, but it depends on how sick I am of looking at it come November.

ScarlettLeopard

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing like realizing it's almost November to bring this leopard out of the wood work. I haven't written anything in ages and I've been thinking it might be time to try again. Hey maybe this will be the year I make it past the first week...

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be moving for at least another month, so I might as well do the NaNo-thingie now. Yay.
If anyone wants a writing buddy, just pm me.

Last edited:

froley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reelthinker.com
This year will be my first NaNo. I'm generally good with deadlines (wrote 50k in 10 days once, 80k in a month another time) so this should be good.

Just gotta nail down an idea before November rolls around...

blrude

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this'll be your first, froley? Heh. I have no doubts... you can do it.

Still have quite a bit of time to plan, at least.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear NaNo Gods and Goddesses...

Is it a good idea to try this if you've never been published, still have issues with grammar, and have never written anything even remotely close to 50,000 words?

Sincerely,

NaNo Newbie

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
you've never been published, still have issues with grammar

See, ^ that's me. I don't care, you shouldn't either.

I mean really, go for it. The only thing you'll lose is time, and you're still left with the experience. :)

Edit: Read the rules on the NaNo site, and you'll see that there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Kevans

Fish from another stream
Registered
Reaction score
The NaNo site has been reset!

Go forth and have fun.
Regards,
Kevin

froley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reelthinker.com
Thanks for the support blrude!

And to Beatrix, it's definitely a good idea to sign up and give it a red hot go--especially if you've never been published and are a little shaky with grammar. Concentrating writing can be just the boost you need!

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score
This will be my first time at NaNoWriMo. I finished a rough draft of my 1st novel labor day weekend but it was only 40+ K so I have a lot of work to do with the revisions/2nd draft.

Hoping to take what I've learned from that and apply it to this 2nd project for NaNo. I'm working through my plot points/outline now and hope to have the major events/scenes ready to go when Nov 1st comes so I won't hit too many speed bumps(hopefully.)

Georgia Lee

Registered
Reaction score
I really really want to do nano this year... and add 50k to finish what I started last year. I figure with editing that will get me to my 70-80k+ word goal and once and for all finish this dang book!

However... I stay at home with my 4 & 6 yr olds AND homeschool them. Plus, I'm 19 weeks pregnant. Oy.

I think I can, I think I can. (Maybe... need some encouragement here)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This will be my fifth NaNo. I completed the last four. I am hoping to have the first draft of my current MS complete before Nov. 1.

I get so excited about NaNo!

RaineeRose

We're moving on...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've decided to jump in and declare myself a participant in this year's NaNo. Nice to see you all!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I'm getting very excited about NaNo -esp as this will be my first fully-full-on outlined novel. I wonder how it will go... :)

The NaNo site went live, and I tried my hand at the synopsis. Needs some tightening. I found it hard cramming in all the romance, horror and gothicness. :)

Reaction score
Definitely excited about NaNoWriMo this year. My story is going to involve ancient Egyptians discovering the Americas and interacting with the Olmec civilization.

askcb

If in doubt, mumble
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely in this year. I failed miserably in 09 and think redemption sounds pretty sweet. Besides, staying up into the wee hours of the night after the hubby and kids are asleep, just me and the clickety clack of the keyboard as I type, that's pure bliss. I don't get out much, btw.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I will check it out. With the weather getting crummy here, I can try it on my lunch breaks at work.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
I'll be doing it again. I'm the same there as I am here. I keep trying to teach myself routine and structure, so I use it for those reasons. :)

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
I'm signed up. November is almost here and I still haven't decided which story to write. :Shrug:

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
Just like the last few years, I really wasn't planning on doing it.

And just like the last few years, I got a germ of an idea digging around in my brain, so I'm probably going to wind up doing it after all.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

sammyjwebb

Registered
Reaction score
land of geese and bulls in Northern Colorado
I really really want to do nano this year... and add 50k to finish what I started last year. I figure with editing that will get me to my 70-80k+ word goal and once and for all finish this dang book!

However... I stay at home with my 4 & 6 yr olds AND homeschool them. Plus, I'm 19 weeks pregnant. Oy.

I think I can, I think I can. (Maybe... need some encouragement here)

I'm a homeschooling Mom too - but my kids are a bit older and doing their own NaNo work. Do you have any Moms from the homeschool community, church, the neighborhood, etc you could could trade off some kid watching time with? You might be able to gain an afternoon or two a week of some long stretches that way.