NaNoWriMo 2011

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up any hope of finishing this one, which sucks because I really wanted to win this year. Alas, catch up and get ahead week turned into funeral week and it all really sucks.

Same. I figure I can maybe reach 30k by the end of the month if I can meet the daily target from now on, but 50k is looking very unlikely at this point.

But I'm looking on the bright side: at least I've actually started writing again. :)

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Mine, too :cry:

One of my NaNo goals is to have the calendar all green by the end of the month. I've never pulled it off. Either my writing schedule is erratic, or the site has issues that loses a day or two. Though this is the first time I've seen the entire month reset!

Oh well. I guess that's another reason to keep trying :)

I don't think you CAN get it all green, even when it's working properly, because it shows how well you're doing based on your average word count. So unless you write exactly 1667 words per day, you're going to have some yellow...

But it's still all red.

I'm using the graph on the stats page to guage my progress, as that's working properly right now.

Unfortunately, my bars are well under the line right now. Gotta do some catch up in the next few days, or I'm sunk.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
But I'm looking on the bright side: at least I've actually started writing again. :)

That's the important thing. My major goal is simply to write something on my novel (blog posts and sermons and shopping lists are extra and don't count...) every day this month.

So far, I've met that goal, so I'm very, very happy about my progress.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
My DIL is in labor. So I am trying to keep my mind on writing when it is on the pending arrival of grand-baby #5.

holy cow! Is this the one that is nano'ing with you?

oh, and congrats, Grandma to the Fifth!

Well, I did not write last night and I'm feeling all kinds of guilt, not to mentioning avoiding all my "follow up" threads for NaNo and W1S1. So I am here to confess my shenanigans, and say I'll try and make up for it by writing with particular alacrity tonight.

Fer reals.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I don't think you CAN get it all green, even when it's working properly, because it shows how well you're doing based on your average word count. So unless you write exactly 1667 words per day, you're going to have some yellow...

The squares usually go green once I pass 1667 on the current day. (Although according to the description it'll go even more green if I have a really good day :D) The only time I've seen yellow is when my daily count is under that.

But my daily totals so far this year have been pretty consistent, so they're right around my average anyway.

I found a thread for it on the tech forums with an acknowledgement, so at least it's is on the bug list. That's given me a slight hope the evil red squares will go away :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
what calendar with green or yellow on it? I's cantz findz it.

It's a widget. If you go to "Fun Stuff" and look about halfway down the page, you'll see a calendar. The squares should be red, orange, yellow, light green, or dark green, depending on your word count for that day.

Right now, they're all red. :(

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
I kind of wrote myself into a corner tonight. There's some information I don't want my audience to know yet, but I had a character in a position where there was absolutely NO RATIONAL REASON for him to hide this information from the person he's talking to.

So I blew up the side of the building before he could explain.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Yeah, I not having the word count updater or even the stats graph would drive me crazy.

I probably shouldn't complain about the calendar. It's a little thing really, just one I tend to obsess over :tongue

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
I kind of wrote myself into a corner tonight. There's some information I don't want my audience to know yet, but I had a character in a position where there was absolutely NO RATIONAL REASON for him to hide this information from the person he's talking to.

So I blew up the side of the building before he could explain.

When all else fails, just blow the damn thing up. I like it. I just may borrow it :)

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been doing too well the past few days. Got to 30k on day 14 and have been spitting out pitiful word counts (if any) since. :(

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Just this >< close to 40K tonight, but I need sleep. On the plus side, I wrote probably my favorite scene of the book - the big SPOILER! scene :D - and it came out pretty well. Parts of it very well. So yay.
And I'm officially past the 3/4 mark of the plot.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I feel like I'm flagging a bit, but I'm just coming up to the part of the book I've nicknamed "What happens in Vegas..." and that involves gambling, sex, and cage fighting, so it should be lots of fun to write. :e2woo:

It doesn't actually happen in Vegas.

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
I ended up not writing yesterday. Way too stressful a day + feeling miserable about myself and life + poor self-discipline = no writing. Bleargh.

I mean, yeesh, last night I totally had a dream where a person accused me of having no work ethic, and I realized he was right, and I was very depressed. I think I'm having a few self-esteem issues right now.

...I mean, more than usual.

But on the actual novel front... I realized the part of the plot my MC experienced wouldn't be enough to hit 50k, so now I get to write some subplots from secondary characters' points of view. Also, I discovered a secondary-major plot that I hadn't quite realized was there. So hopefully I'll be able to catch up over Thanksgiving... I hope... while still being able to study for the majormajor test I've got coming up. O.O

Life is kinda scary right now...

(...really, Firefox? You have NO problems with "kinda", but "combust" you refuse to believe is a word? WHY?)

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a chapter yesterday that I took out today, no idea where my head was, but it stank up the place so bad even the air freshness of editing couldn't fix it. SO I am at the same word count.

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
I've resisted doing that twice now, SRHowen. I've convinced myself that when I go back over it all, they will be brilliant.

I may or may not be living in a fantasy world...not too sure yet.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
This was so out of my style I almost wondered who the heck wrote it. LOL I don't do the long winded describe everything in the room stuff and I do deep 3rd or deep 1st, this was describe everything and very distant 3rd. Weird. And this was not the first chapter from this character's POV. Hate when I get that far off the story track.

Feral_Sophisticate

Warming maid's buttocks since 1989.
Registered
Reaction score
Meadowvale, Ontario, Canada, Earth, The Sol System
Website
fetlife.com
Decided to do something different for NaNo than I had originally intended. I am writing my memoirs, which is proving highly therapeutic (and that is something which I rather need, right now).

The final product probably will never see the light of day, as it is highly personal and very toxic. At least I'm letting the venom out.

Once I'm done, I'll try to continue writing on a different subject, setting a daily goal not quite as challenging as NaNo's.