Dynamite Comics writer submissions ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Word Jedi

Registered
Reaction score
WRITERS: Please send us an inquiry letter, detailing your writing experience and why you would like to write for Dynamite Entertainment. Based on your inquiry letter, we may request to read a sample of your work.

That's what I found on their website. They won't accept proposals. So do they want an essay? And based on that they'll contact me?

Does anyone know what such an inquiry letter should contain?

I've got a great concept ready to go to script with. I have not been published yet.

Peace,
Mark

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net

GideonFerrell

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Mark,

Marvel used to have similar guidelines back in the day when they accepted submissions and I was in a similar situation when submitting to them. I had no experience and writing the query letter was a bit of a struggle.

What I would recommend is keeping the letter short and sweet. Highlight your passion for writing and maybe let them know how long you've been reading comics.

As for talking about their different comics, I would keep that short as well. Most publishers don't like the obvious sucking up during the submission process.

Things didn't work out for me with Marvel, but I have been published three times since.

Good luck!

Josh

Desperate City

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thisdesperatecity.com
Yea, short and simple is the key. They are a very good up and coming company for comics. The Boys was a big get for them when I think it was DC decided they wouldn't publish Ennis' story anymore. The adaption stuff does well for them too, Red Sonja and such.

A little online research will turn up a ton of stuff on them, and as far as the query letter goes, that's not too hard to find info on either. These boards are great for advice on that as well.

Good Luck!

Fedora

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to just to see if they bother with rejection letters.

bladestalker

Registered
Reaction score
i like their work and would love to submit something. Only problem for myself is I can't draw. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.