AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Promotion] OnceWritten.com

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin R K Sidler's Avatar

[Promotion] OnceWritten.com

I decided to check out some of their services, but all they did was take my money with nothing in return. Absolutely nothing.

They would not respond to any of the numerous responses I sent to them, and now I have to go through my credit card company to deal with them. I gave them about 75 days to respond, nothing.

http://www.oncewritten.com/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Could you give us more detail, please? What service did you buy, etc.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

http://www.oncewritten.com/About/Adv...-Your-Book.php

This is a link with their basic services. Not only did they not provide anything, but they have not responded to any attempt to contact them.

I will contact their web host and any other necessary agencies to report them.

Probably just someone sitting in their own home taking in money for as long as they can.

Blech. Sorry to here about that, R.K., and good luck getting your $$$ back.

Question: How did you here about them? Are they doing any marketing?

Once Written.com

I tried to use this service. They took my money without any problem, then they never provided anything. They did not reply to any of my emails or efforts to contact them.

A shame there are so many scams out there.

Not as sweet as you think Aggy B.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R K Sidler View Post
    I tried to use this service. They took my money without any problem, then they never provided anything. They did not reply to any of my emails or efforts to contact them.

A shame there are so many scams out there.
    It is a shame. I do notice, when I go to the website in your link, that none of the photos/press releases/etc are newer than 2007. And the last contest they ran seems to have been in 2010.

They might be a dead site. (Though if they're still taking money...)
    _________
    A.G.C.

Touch: A Trilogy - AVAILABLE NOW!
    "The 'Touch' trilogy is a masterclass in world-building, tells a fascinating story with economy and intelligence, and does so with fine, pared-down prose." - Eric Brown, author of The Fall of Tartarus

"I loved this novella series. Brooding, earthy, whispering to us with a delicious mood of creeping dread while filling the heart with a pure sense of wonder." - Charles de Lint, author of The Onion Girl

A.G. Carpenter
    @Aggy_C

well, seems like they lived up to their name, then - that is if you're twice shy about trying such a service again.