iPad PDF help please?

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I have a PDF of an illustrated fiction manuscript. I have imported it into iBooks in a couple of different ways, and also into GoodReader, but I get the same result: I can't see any of the pictures, just the black text. Any ideas? Thanks!

Deleted member 42

I have a PDF of an illustrated fiction manuscript. I have imported it into iBooks in a couple of different ways, and also into GoodReader, but I get the same result: I can't see any of the pictures, just the black text. Any ideas? Thanks!

Is it possible that the images are no actually embedded in the file, but merely linked? What's the file size? Is it large enough to contain embedded images and text?

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Is it possible that the images are no actually embedded in the file, but merely linked? What's the file size? Is it large enough to contain embedded images and text?

The file is 5MB which seems about right, and I don't think the images can be linked from anywhere - I received it via email from an external colleague...

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Have you tried opening it anywhere other than your iPad? Do you have an email account set up on the iPad that you can forward the attachment to and open it directly from within iPad mail?

It opens fine on my PC, and I have tried opening directly from iPad mail. I cannot imagine what the problem is!

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Have you tried turning off the network on your PC, to check the images aren't being pulled in from somewhere over the web? (I'm running out of ideas now - it's either something to do with image embedding or a bug down in the guts of iOS4.)

No, I don't think it's pulling the images in from anywhere, knowing our corporate firewall. I'm assuming it's the JPG2000 compression that iOS does not support. About to test that theory...