• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WordWood Press

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about them, but it looks phishy to me.

Maryn, suspicious of everything and everyone

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
cyborgsally said:
Does anyone here know anything about the following web page?
http://www.wordwood.org/gigs4writers.html

Thanks!

I poked around a bit.

The links on the left all take you to advertorials promoting various self-published books claiming to teach people how to write.

Allow me to summarize for those coming in late: writers who can't sell their manuscript to a commercial publisher will tell you how to sell your work.

I imagine the info you provide goes directly into spam urging you to buy bad books.

zenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I agree

Hi, I’m new here. I just registered quickly to respond to this post, so I apologize in advance if I break any forum rules here...

I was poking about this site, too, and it does look iffy. The affiliate you need to sign up with to register with wormwood.org is called Magnificent Enterprises, Inc. and can be reached at 269_978_2716 or [email protected]. The problem is that when you register with them, it appears that they will phone you to push their services and they may spam you via email as well.

As for wormwood.org, I found the following on lulu.com:

Amy Derby

Web Site: wordwood.org

Address: 17550 71ST CT

Tinley Park, Illinois 60477

United States

There is also a Yahoo group from the same company. It has been running since Nov. 20 but no posts. I guess this outfit could be very new and just trying to find ways to make a buck, but there’s very little information about them online and the partner site seems suspect, as others here have pointed out.

Anyway, nice to be here. It looks like a nice forum.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Welcome, Zen.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
The website I get with that link has nothing to do with books. It;s a German site selling stuff like sport shoes, sport clothings, holidays, health products. Weird, since others seem to go to a book site.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Weird. I didn't notice that Bufty's post before mine was form last year. It was highlighted as a new post on my screen. Weirder and weirder. Sorry.