College Students Writing For Teens

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I'm 22 and a young adult myself, so young adult writing for teens? I don't know what this transition period is called tbh and I'm doing long distance university, and working. Life is busy to say the least.

The Illusionist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katharinabrendel.blogspot.com
Come study in the UK! I do a Joint Honours degree so have a mix of classes in two different subjects but we don't have any irrelevant classes! Saying that, it sounds quite fun to have a mix.

Haha, I just suggested the same thing earlier in the thread :D Where in the UK are you studying Lady Ice? I´m in Cardiff :)

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Officially going back to college in the fall to do my senior year. I'm so excited! My invalid period is going to end. I think it'll actually help my writing too, as I writing will be my fun thing to do rather than my daily "job" as it is now.

starryeyedkt

Hello, smexyface.
Registered
Reaction score
FRIENDS! *hugs all round* I knew I wasn't alone in my stuck-amid-the-drunken-hipsters situation. I finished my BA last year (shameface - it was so useless) but now I'm doing a Grad Dip in Library Management, which is just a barrel of fun and laughs and rainbows and SO MUCH HARDER THAN I EXPECTED. But whatever, if it keeps bread on the table!

However, the main dream is to be a full-time writer, despite my tutors laughing at me when I told them that. But, like the song says, you gotta keep your head up so you can let your hair down.

:D

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
FRIENDS! *hugs all round* I knew I wasn't alone in my stuck-amid-the-drunken-hipsters situation. I finished my BA last year (shameface - it was so useless) but now I'm doing a Grad Dip in Library Management, which is just a barrel of fun and laughs and rainbows and SO MUCH HARDER THAN I EXPECTED. But whatever, if it keeps bread on the table!

However, the main dream is to be a full-time writer, despite my tutors laughing at me when I told them that. But, like the song says, you gotta keep your head up so you can let your hair down.

:D

Welcome. Congrats on finishing your Bachelor's! :) And good luck with Lib Management. (I really should just go back to Australia for my library degree - much easier to get into than in the States here :tongue)

Ah yes, dream of being a full time writer... I can only swoony-dream :crazy:

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Officially going back to college in the fall to do my senior year. I'm so excited! My invalid period is going to end. I think it'll actually help my writing too, as I writing will be my fun thing to do rather than my daily "job" as it is now.

:Hug2::D:snoopy:

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Poking this thread alive:poke:
Writing my senior thesis :D And then its (finally!!) back to my novel.

Reaction score
Website
www.thefaithpoliticsbaseballblog.com
Finals this week for my sophomore year. I hope to really make progress on my SciFi - Spy Novel/Political Thriller/love story novel. also plan to do a lot of reading. Going to start a read the Bible in 90 days plan and read a lot of classics: Great expectations, Tom Sawyer, Huck Fin, the great gatsby, les mis, Tale of two cities, the scarlet letter. basically all the stories i was supposed to read in hs british and american lit classes that i never read.

How many of you are majoring in something like literature or something or do you see this as a side hobby in addition to a job?

TheSilverNightWolf

Mysti one of many nicknames
Registered
Reaction score
hidden in the forest where I truly belong
I'm starting college this upcoming year...I really don't know what I'd be considered since it's only a 2 year college and I get a full on degree (not associate this degree literally is only 2 years) but way nervous I'm worried i won't have time writing.

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I fall under this category! I'm a 21 year-old, currently studying abroad in (not-so-sunny Scotland).

I didn't expect it, but I got hit with inspiration for a new story at the beginning of April, and now I'm trying to crank out a first draft by June 1st! Gaahh and take final exams. Oh, and have some semblance of a life haha.

Anyways, what does everyone study? Any fellow History majors? What are your post-college plans?

I'm graduating in February 2013 (it's weird, I know), and I'm hoping to pursue a career in military social work/psychology. But most immediately, I CANNOT WAIT TO ADOPT A PUPPY!!

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Everyone!

I am here to say - wo0t studying abroad! I studied abroad in Feb-June 2011 and it was @maz!nq! :D I hope you are enjoying it.

I have to admit, Andrew, I couldn't get through Huckleberry Finn but I <3 Tom Sawyer. And I was supposed to read Uncle Tom's Cabin for a Civil War literature class and I skimmed it/sparks notes. *whistles* Nope. I totally read the book ;)

I'm a Creative Writing major with 1 day left and then we graduate in a few weeks.:hooray:

Also, NightWolf, I totally consider 2 year college 'college'. My friend from high school did that. :Thumbs:

HannahLovely

Registered
Reaction score
The TARDIS parked at Hogwarts inside Narnia.
Hey everyone! I'm just finishing up freshman year, trying to complete a first draft during finals week. Why, oh why brain did you decide to do this?

Casualrungal, I'm a history major! Gah, I'd love to study abroad in Scotland (or at least somewhere in the UK).

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Hannah! How did you like freshman year?

Guys I just finished my undergraduate thesis!!!!! :snoopy:Wahoo!!! Party time!:partyguy:

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Guys I just finished my undergraduate thesis!!!!! :snoopy:Wahoo!!! Party time!:partyguy:

Congrats, that's awesome!

I'm checking out the classes at the school I'm transferring to, and it makes me miss my old school because they were better. Only one year, though, and then onward for grad school.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
But most immediately, I CANNOT WAIT TO ADOPT A PUPPY!!

oh, what I would give to be able to have a puppy! we can't have any in the dorms, it makes my life sad not to have a dog around :/

finals starting on wednesday for me. good luck to everyone still taking theirs!

I'm so screwed, no motivation to speak of. I just want to go home and read novels.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
All I heard was puppy and then........this:

puppy-running.jpg

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
HannahLovely - You should! It's a really great experience. And I would definitely recommend Scotland - it's gorgeous and a great jumping-off point for traveling around Europe.

Smiley - What's your thesis on? Congrats on nearly being finished! I'm seriously dreading that experience in the fall....

Choco - I know! Tragedy of my life! I graduate in February and I'm already fantasizing about the day when I go to the shelter and pick out MY puppy!

Ugh finals are so gross! I had my first one this past Saturday, so now only two more to go. I'm loving this Scottish system of 3 classes at a time - oh, and an entire MONTH of study leave!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
My last final was just under a week ago, and I am *BEYOND* happy to be done. ...But at the same time I don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. To quote Sherlock (the BBC's version of him, I mean):
Bored. Bored! BORED! BORED!

tumblr_leljjbWmfw1qfsy6i.png

..... :D

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha I'm already out for the summer :D It's 11:30 and I'm still in my PJs after watching an enticing episode of Gilmore Girls then it's off to the pool.

Has anyone taken summer classes before at a community college? I'm taking 7 years (an online biology and math at the college) and then I'm work 32 hours at an internship. Has anyone done something similar? How was it? If I need to, I think I can ask off a day for my internship, but I don't start classes until June.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Turns out my final research paper is due today instead of tomorrow. Well, here goes some crazy speed writing!

I had a similar situation, except I just procrastinated. :tongue I wrote 9 1/2 pages of pure BS about The Metamorphosis, Picture of Dorian Gray, and the Platonic theory regarding mimesis in the form of literature and art. I did the same with my other research paper about Perrault's Cinderella, Ella Enchanted, and Princess of Glass, and that one ended up 8 pages (two short of the requirement).