College Students Writing For Teens

JeanniGrace

Word Nerd
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in college and I don't feel like I quite fit with either teens writing for teens or older people writing for teens. Anyone else have this problem?

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an incoming freshman. Scary scary.

JeanniGrace

Word Nerd
Registered
Reaction score
Chocowrites, congrats. Freshman year is totally scary, but it's also really fun.

Where do you guys like to write on campus? I've got a few places, but I'm always open to other people's suggestions.

Matches: *returns hug*

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
:(

*misses college*

Choco...don't be nervous. College was one of the best times of my life. You will love it. :)

Ashes Oh Ashes

Honest, not Harsh
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blogofron.com
Where do you guys like to write on campus? I've got a few places, but I'm always open to other people's suggestions.

I am currently going to a community college to save money (will probably transfer next year). But we actually have a pretty decent library. When NaNo was going, I would get there at 7:00 in the morning and write for three hours.

I stand by the library being my favorite place to write at school. :)

Matches

Will exchange hugs for POG.
Registered
Reaction score
Library, library, library, definitely. We have a few libraries at my school, but I generally like the ones that are more quiet. I've mostly gone to one where groups can meet and talk, so there's not complete silence, but just this morning I trekked up to the Reading Room in one of the bigger libraries and I loved it there. It's such a gorgeous room (some people even call it the Harry Potter room, since it looks like the Great Hall at Hogwarts), and being able to look up and see stained glass and shelves of books makes up for the silence. :) I'll definitely be going up there more often.

bri_ness

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm going to start my third year in September (which I think is a junior? Canada doesn't use those labels :tongue)

I had a dorm room the past two years, so I wrote there, but I'm not sure where I'll write when I'm not at my apartment this year. Probably the library, ours has cubicles which make it easy to block everything else out :)

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Sophomore this fall! I thought I was the only one!

I love writing in the library, but I have such a small school that sometimes I just have to get off campus to write.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
*dropped out of university and writes about teens because she hated being an adult*

Sorry, I don't feel your pain XD

Schnitzel

il terzo paradiso : inner peace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theinkymuse.livejournal.com
Wait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwait--SCHNEIDER???

Ahhh, I love meeting random LJ people in random places! My LJ's kdkim :)

Haha fancy finding you here! AW's a pretty great place to satisfy the need to procrastinate without feeling too guilty. Good to see you here. ;D

Also, completely agreeing with the library. It's a great place to write when your dorm room just isn't cutting it. Though I don't always go to the same library. My uni has like 20-something or so, all gorgeous. I like to spice things up.

Matches

Will exchange hugs for POG.
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray! And yeah, haha, I've started to discover that myself! xD I'm refreshing the YA forum all the time, now... hahaha. Terrible in the most awesome sense.

Considering your uni, I'm not surprised that there are so many libraries and they're all gorgeous! I'd love to visit there someday. :)

Speaking of writing places, I also discovered a little clearing outside on my campus that looks perfectly secluded, has benches and statues, and is utterly surrounded by green. I'd like to write there sometime (provided it hasn't rained recently, of course :p).

Ashes Oh Ashes

Honest, not Harsh
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blogofron.com
We have a section of cubicles off to one side of our library. I love it there. If there's any sort of noise or activity going on around me, I'll get distracted. So the eerie silence is my friend. =p

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh Oooh Me too me too *raising a hand in the air* time to form an official group for The New Inbetweeners" :D I love writing for older teens and actual younger adults (young 20-somethings)

RHuszar

Time is a gift.
Registered
Reaction score
Can I join this party? I start my junior year of college in two weeks! I love placing protagonists at this breaking point of ages.

The student center on campus has this fantastic basement that used to be some sort of cafe, but now it's just storage for broken pianos and pottery wheels. They still let people go down there and sit in the booths. Quiet, good lighting, wireless connection, what more could I want as a writer? ;) It's lovely.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I think a thread like this has been a long time coming (although...you probably would all still fit in on the TWFT thread. Pretty sure a decent number of the posters in there are actually in their late teens and twenties). I'm a freshman :)

I prefer writing on the square of grass in front of the law buildings over cafes and the library, to be honest. It's beautiful grass and it's a fantastic spot for people watching. The gamers' lounge is pretty nice, too and the foodcourt with the amazing bean bags. Although I tend to fall asleep when I try to write there.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I get twitchy when I write in public. I feel like everyone passing by is wondering why my fingers are typing so rapidly and I keep looking around to make sure nobody is staring over my shoulder, reading everything. *is irrational and paranoid*

Though if I can find a chair against a wall in my school's campus center/cafe, I'll be doing my writing there. I like a little background noise, and the building is both right next to my dorm room and wonky/amazing.