• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Musa Publishing

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Oh--duh!

Themes for Penumbra are now posted through August, 2012 on our website at www.penumbra.musapublishing.com. While Shakespeare (February's issue) is very specific, some of the others--animals, politics, and dreams--are pretty broad. I am not getting as much sci fi and horror at Penumbra as I would like. If you have any questions about Penumbra or submissions, you can email me at editor (at) musapublishing (dot) com.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, we're getting between 25-40 submissions a day, which is down a little bit through the holiday season as expected. Once our staff returns from their holiday--and all the writers get back to submitting--I'm sure that Penumbra will be cranking right back up to the pre-holiday levels. Then, too, the issues that are about to expire have been on our homepage since September. So anyone who wanted to write a story specifically for our call has had more than enough time to do so.

CC.Allen

Aim twice, Shoot once...
Registered
Reaction score
Texas will always be home... but dreaming of Hawai
My curiosity has gotten the best of me. I am wondering if any of the musa-ites are around...

I submitted a query yesterday afternoon (1/2/ 3:00 pacific time) while the message regard not accepting submissions through 1/1 was still posted. I noticed the blog message updated this morning. Now I am curious as to whether query e-mails were still being rejected until this message was updated. I am patient and have no problem waiting, but wasn't sure whether or not I may need to re-sub? If anyone has any advice as to the timetable of your system auto-rejecting subs, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I realized this morning that I did not receive an auto-responder either way, that is what led me to thinking...

Last edited:

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
My curiosity has gotten the best of me. I am wondering if any of the musa-ites are around...

I submitted a query yesterday afternoon (1/2/ 3:00 pacific time) while the message regard not accepting submissions through 1/1 was still posted. I noticed the blog message updated this morning. Now I am curious as to whether query e-mails were still being rejected until this message was updated. I am patient and have no problem waiting, but wasn't sure whether or not I may need to re-sub? If anyone has any advice as to the timetable of your system auto-rejecting subs, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I realized this morning that I did not receive an auto-responder either way, that is what led me to thinking...

The vacation messages were taken down yesterday from the email accounts. If you haven't heard from my submissions assistant, Kaitlin Bevis, I recommend that you re-send the original query.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I knew how to post a pic in my message but I managed to post it in my siggy- Look below and see the wonderful new cover for my MUSA release in Feb!!!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I wish I knew how to post a pic in my message but I managed to post it in my siggy- Look below and see the wonderful new cover for my MUSA release in Feb!!!

Love the cover...I clicked on it hoping to see a bigger picture, but it takes me to a Lyrical Press page error.:)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Love the cover...I clicked on it hoping to see a bigger picture, but it takes me to a Lyrical Press page error.:)
Wow - i have no idea how I did that! :tongue

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

Save the photo to something like Photobucket, then paste in the code Photobucket provides for message boards.

SmallThing

Eek!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cosmicdriftwood.wordpress.com
If you're sending on a short story or pairing, please just embed the story into your query email with a basic, one-paragraph synopsis (no, I don't want any synopses longer than the stories). If I like what I see, we'll discuss the story and the different options available for you at Musa. I'm treating short fiction on a case by case basis.

What about something in the range of 13-14K? Would you still want that embedded in the query/synopsis email, or would you prefer the first twenty pages as a start?

Thanks!

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Well, then maybe she's like Elf. He only needs a solid 40 minutes a night -- as long as there are enough candy canes within reach.