Melbourne Australia anyone?

A.R. Starr

Writing Addict & Proud Of It
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenderbard.proboards.com
Gippslander here, but I'm studying at Monash Clayton, so I'm pretty close to Melbourne most days. Being a country girl, I have to admit, I'd rather be as far as possible from the city. :p

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
I've lived most of my life in Sydney, but was born in Melbourne, and have kept visiting for years, both to see family and to go shopping, or to see/do things. Melbourne is a wonderful city; I enjoyed the architecture there too.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I forget the exact name of the organisation, but there's meant to be a "Writer's Centre" in every Australian city. Like I said, I can't remember the exact name... But I think it had those 2 words in it anyway.

And chances are they could point you in the right direction, even if they don't have a writer's group themselves.

candy_luminous

Registered
Reaction score
Me! I'm a Melbournian! LOVE it here. I think I've drunk so much coffee it's now in my blood... :) but yes, the house prices are ludicrous. (Which is why we rent. Bah.)

@Pipedreamer, I haven't been to any yet, but I'm in the process of organising to try out a few. I know there's a group that meets every Tuesday night at a CBD pub to chat about writing - not a crit group, just a social group. You can find out more about them if you google Melbourne City Writers (there's a twitter feed, fb, etc). Hopefully you'd be able to hear more about Melbourne writers groups by contacting them and seeing how you go?

Racey

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Melbournian here! Just back from living in London (I miss it) and Melbs seems so foreign to me, its gonna be hard to get used to!

benjj

Registered
Reaction score
Just moved from Sydney to Melbourne this year. After a bit of a break, I joined a couple of writer's forums this week to distract from the real work of...re-writes ;)

I write YA

Mercer

Registered
Reaction score
Melburnian here!

Since we're all writers (professional or otherwise) what's the consensus on the spelling of Melburnian/Melbournian?