The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 63 1234567112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Writers' Blogs

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar

Absolute Writers' Blogs

Got a blog? Please feel free to share the link and a short description of it in this thread.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

Sure. http://www.richardcobbett.co.uk/codex/journal. It's been running for about four years now, across a few domain names, although I tend to cull posts that get too old and meaningless. Determinedly angst-free, with plenty of good old fashioned bitching to make up for it, with a mix of general diary stuff, pokes at new releases, random rants and other fairly staple stuff. This is the single most popular article on it, and I weep for humanity as a result.

Banned
    Mine is just a series of random ramblings, concentrating on the writing life, my spiritual journey and whatever thoughts pop into my head at any given moment.

I hope it amuses people; I think that's my main aim. To show that I can see the funny side of life, but also treat the serious issues with respect, too.

http://wibblywobblywoo.blogspot.com/

Writing related stuff: http://itheauthor.blogspot.com
    My journey to being published: http://roadtopublication.blogspot.com
    Ray's Rave Reviews (RRR): http://reelreviews.blogspot.com

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
    -- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between A Bunch of Stories
    (2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews

My writing life with experiences, head-slapping moments and everything else in between: http://www.mridukhullar.com/journal

Mother of All Addictions mommie4a's Avatar

I sing the blog eclectic

www.writeslikeshetalks.blogspot.com

The braindump from a writing mother of three who doesn't have enough outlets for spewing her kooky thoughts.

practical experience, FTW unthoughtknown's Avatar
    My journal/blog, which has a natural Adelaide (AU) flavouring to it, focuses on my aspirations and thoughts as a writer and as a woman: www.jennifersando.com

The Girl who Loves Mars

Anything about the planet Mars.
    Last edited by Lyra Jean; 01-01-2007 at 08:18 PM.
    Facebook

My history Blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear

My Quilting Blog: A Stitch in Time

WIP: For Love or Country rough draft
    Chapter One complete 2,034

My blog is a mix of random thoughts, a little writing advice, and updates on my work progress. The name of it is WVWriterGirl - The Daily Word Count.The comments are activated, and I would be very pleased if someone...anyone...saw fit to comment on my blog. Thanks!

(ETA - I must admit that, even though it says "Daily Word Count" I usually update it only when there's something significant going on, which turns out to be somewhat less than daily.)
    WVWG
    I am an/a:
    Unrepentant Rift Player
    Loving Wife and Mommy;
    Writer of Fantasy & Horror Novels & Shorts; and a
    Person Without a Personal Webpage.

someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
    My blog is NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES The name comes from the motto of Terry Pratchett's Unseen University in the Discworld books. It allegedly means "Now you see it, now you don't" in Latin. I say allegedly because I don't know Latin.

I started that blog because I was reading a couple other Blogger blogs and thought, in one, that I couldn't comment unless I was on Blogger, too. I'm glad to have made that mistake, because I love being able to play around in the template. Also, I seem to get random traffic from the "next blog" feature. For me blogging is a way to have conversations and make a habit of writing. Although I don't get to write every day I'm certainly writing more than ever. Yes, it's a hobby, but who knows?

I also have my own domain, "ohdawno.org" and there's a blog there as well which I pretty much abandoned when I went over to Blogger. Some of my archives might be of interest if you're bored silly and maybe have insomnia, feel free to visit there. I have written about my fast food curse, my son's pet skink, visits to the Star Trek Con in Las Vegas and other random stuff. Comments are mostly disabled because of rampant comment spam.

I have two: Southern Expressions and Ghost Stories.

Southern Expressions is a blog about my personal and writing life.

Ghost Stories is a paranormal blog about ghosts, mythology, folklore, urban legends and other paranormal phenomena.
    Last edited by sthrnwriter; 11-13-2005 at 12:52 PM.

Back from self-exile land. BlueTexas's Avatar
    www.lovingtwilight.blogspot.com

A collection of thoughts on writing, books, ghosts and life in Texas. There's also posts and links to all the paranormal investigations Mystic Ghost has done, and updates on that.

Maddwriter's Musings

http://www.maddwriter.blogspot.com/

A collection of random thoughts and perceptions ranging from my writing life to movie reviews to whatever thingamabobs I come across on the net. Sometimes funny, sometimes insightful, sometimes not. Depends on my mood. I update pretty randomly.

Come on down and find your inner muse by reading about mine.
    hAunted (working title)

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar
    Umm, random stuff--but I never talk about my cat.

Stones In the Field

She doesn't, I didn't even know she *had* a cat.

I try not to blog about mine much. I will admit that they have their own Live Journal, though.

Member - the "Sting Gang."
    I'm sure mine will end up being a mixed bag but as of now www.ladyofprose.blogspot.com seemed like a good place to start.

Defining the difference between aloneness and loneliness is a rare thing for some. Yet it is important that one know the difference, and adapt their lifestyle accordingly. If not, they will find themselves in multiply relationships trying to fill an emptiness that is mistakenly felt to be loneliness.

Lady of Prose, I just read your first post...wow! Revealing, beautiful and thought provoking, inspirational too! I hope others here will go visit. You have comments disabled, and that's a perfectly fine personal choice - but I would have loved to leave a "well done, welcome to the blogosphere" comment...so I'll do it here
    Last edited by Dawno; 11-14-2005 at 08:08 AM.

Dawno, thank you.

Actually, I've been switching back and forth on the comment thingy. Will go undo again. Now that I know one has to have a password, it helps with the decision.
    Last edited by Lady of Prose; 11-14-2005 at 08:23 AM.

under my September Skies in sunny California

Don't put your cell phone between your breasts!

example of one blog:
    Excuse me? Is that a ring I hear?
    Too bad Enrique never told me where not to put my cell phone.
    As a reporter, I never carry a purse when I interview people. Not a problem most of the time since my slacks usually have a small pocket.But one day I was interviewing a minister from a local church. It was Sunday and there was church service that day. So, I wore a dress. There was one problem -- no pockets.....
    to finish reading, visit my blog (and please comment)

I guess you can guess where I put my phone. I just didn't expect it to ring.....
    www.midnightwritings.blogspot.com

i have only had a blog for a day or two. nothing too heavy, just misc. things about when i started to write and everyday things. actually, i couldn't figure out the blog thing, so i had written it on my website - just as writing.

But it's up and running now. So please come stop by and make a (hopefully nice) comment.

thanks much,
    September

eta: Thanks Unique for pointing out the broken link
    Last edited by September skies; 12-26-2005 at 09:45 AM. Reason: fixing the middle link

Quote Originally Posted by Lady of Prose
    Dawno, thank you.

Actually, I've been switching back and forth on the comment thingy. Will go undo again. Now that I know one has to have a password, it helps with the decision.
    May I add you to my AW blogroll?

Quote Originally Posted by September Skies
    But it's up and running now. So please come stop by and make a (hopefully nice) comment.
    I've added you already

Quote Originally Posted by Dawno
    May I add you to my AW blogroll?
    Thank you--I added you to my links but will add you to the blogroll too. Have to go see how that's done.

I found a cute TG turkey to put on my blog page.
    Last edited by Lady of Prose; 11-15-2005 at 02:18 PM.

I have three blogs. All three are listed in my signature.

One Writer's Rambles is my personal daily blog. I talk about life, television, my writing, and anything else that comes to my mind that day.

One Couch Critic is my review site. On that site you'll find reviews of many popular television shows, a weekly movie review, and the occasionalmusic or book review.

Thoughts from the Couch is my blog through Media Village, a media website. I'm on their staff of bloggers, and on my blog you will find news bits from the entertainment industry. These are mostly in television, but I cover movies and celebrities news as well.

I also have a fourth fiction blog, Eroticisms, but my fictional muses have been hiding from me lately, so it is a bit dead at the moment.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin jessicakes's Avatar
    Ooh, I have a blog!

I'm a newspaper humor columnist and decided I needed a Web page so I could be my own first Google hit on my name. It's evolved somewhat into a destination of its own.

I'm at www.jessicaburgess.net. Come visit!

I bit the bullet today and started a blog at http://fpbaron.blogspot.com/

Well, the boards were down and all and I was a bit bored and everyone else was going on and on and on about their blogs and I felt kinda left out and anyway it's Jenna's fault!
    Recently Thunk Thoughts
    www.frankbaron.com
    My book makes a great gift!

He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty. - Lao Tzu

Writer and Music Producer Vanessa's Avatar
    Mine is below. It's called Blogdangit! I call it my lil' world of loose thoughts. It's my wordy mind-filled playground.

Since I've just put this thing together, I'd love to add you guys links as my Buddies with Blogs. May I huh, May I ....putty please?
    "As long as my mind speaks to my fingertips, the conversation is endless!" -Yeah I said it!

Page 1 of 63 1234567112651 ... LastLast