Prayer requests.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Great news, Sassy! It's hard to let your body heal but it sounds like you've done a good job of it! All sorts of healing vibes coming your way.

Bleh. Annoying, Siri. Hope it's gone soon...

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
I am affected by the California fires. I live in a pretty quiet area in the mountains of Humboldt and we had a nasty lighting storm a few days ago. Our house is surrounded by fires on three sides. The whole sky is blocked out by the smoke. The sun is a deep, deep orange and light is barely shining through. Everything has this creepy sepia tone. Very surreal.

As of this morning, a fire crept into our valley. I'm not quite sure what our plan of action is. I think for a few more hours we're going to work on our firebreak. We may evacuate today. I'm not sure yet.

Prayers would be awesome, especially for our fire crews. Also, for the huge fire in Clearlake. They're evacuating people like mad down there.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Siri.

HI everyone. winks I only just saw your posts and I'm glad for good news, will still send prayers. Also for good finances and AC for Lady.

I'm improving from my surgery which was already almost 5 weeks ago. Ireceived two units of blood in the hospital because I lost a lot in the surgery. I perked up a bunch after that. About two weeks in I stopped taking Percocet because I was forgetting it and it made me sick anyway. now I take a Tylenol now and then but that's it. it's a 180 from before the surgery. I am getting around pretty well and can get around without my cane like if I'm cooking but I use it most of the time. My follow up at the doc is next week. I was hoping to go back to work Aug 10 but I'm still pretty worn down so I don't know. I tend to improve in leaps so maybe by then I will feel like it. My parents came the week I came home from the hospital and stayed two weeks. While we couldn't have done it without their help, we were glad to have our house back when they left. I hope next time I see them it's for happy fun time not for something like this.

Also since Siri posted it my friend was awarded custody of her niece just this week so thanks for the prayers! now she needs prayers as they adjust to each other and to help her with her issues.

thanks everyone

Great news, Sass. Prayers sent for continued healing.

I am affected by the California fires. I live in a pretty quiet area in the mountains of Humboldt and we had a nasty lighting storm a few days ago. Our house is surrounded by fires on three sides. The whole sky is blocked out by the smoke. The sun is a deep, deep orange and light is barely shining through. Everything has this creepy sepia tone. Very surreal.

As of this morning, a fire crept into our valley. I'm not quite sure what our plan of action is. I think for a few more hours we're going to work on our firebreak. We may evacuate today. I'm not sure yet.

Prayers would be awesome, especially for our fire crews. Also, for the huge fire in Clearlake. They're evacuating people like mad down there.

Stay safe, Blinkk. Prayers sent for all those affected by the fires.

thehairymob

If I had a brain I'd still be dumb
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Hi Big Man,

Fires of wild nature
threatens homes.
Owners struggle
creating breaks
make them wide
clear of conbustilbles.
Working as a community
to save memories
of family
of friensships
of years past.
Be with them
as they stand together
keep them safe
and send the a breeze
to turn the blaze
upon itself.

Amen

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Just stopping by to give a shoutout to our firefighters. These guys and girls are made of something else. They amaze me and I'm in awe of heroes like them who walk amongst us mere mortals. :D

The fire is still on our hands. Luckily we live next to a river so that's providing a very nice border and keeping us safe for now. Still at home, but voluntary evacuations are in place. Firecrews did a backburn in our area to lock the wildfire out. Here's a picture of the backburn. It looks pretty scary until you realize there's a 1500 gal tank of water, three firetrucks, and 20 firemen/women standing to the left out of the frame. It was actually pretty cool to be able to sit in with the firecrews for this one.

2cfwokx.jpg

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in Blinkk. Glad things are OK for now.

When we had the Wallow Fire in NE Arizona in 2011 we were up at the summer house. The sheriff's deputies woke us up at midnight with a "pre-evacuation notice". Me, hubby and 86 year old Dad looked at each other, gathered up what little could fit in the car, and got the hell out of Dodge. The mandatory evacuation was about 60 hours later. When we got back, the closest backfires had been about a mile and a half away. The closest the main fire got was around five miles.

MM

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds scary Blinkk. Glad you're staying safe. And I agree with you re firefighters - heroes the lot of them. (Proud to have a few in my family.)

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Stay safe, Blinkk -- thoughts are with you all.

And yes, firefighters are courageous folks and truly amazing. I am in awe of what they do for us all.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I could use some good thoughts, warm wishes, and prayers, however you believe in them.

Friday, July 31, I went in for an outpatient procedure that unexpectedly revealed a large cancerous mass. I went into surgery on Tuesday, Aug 4. It went well, with 99% of the tumor removed. Some lymph nodes were taken out also, to see if cancer has spread into them. I guess that determines the type of treatment, radiation and chemo.

I'm still in hospital but will be released this weekend, to recover at home. The healing is going well.

I'm worried about our financial situation. I work full time and husband is self employed. We get health insurance through my job. The doctor doesn't think I'll be able to work consistently during treatment, which she thinks will be about 2 years. Everyone is telling me to focus on healing and not worry about the future, but I don't want to lose our house.

I brought a small book by Pema Chodron with me, but I'm not able to really concentrate right now so haven't been reading. I'll go through my stack of spiritual books when I get home, for comfort and courage. This came out of the blue - no indications before and no one else in my family has had cancer.

Thank you for any good wishes you can spare.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Juniper, keeping you (and your family) in my thoughts and prayers.:Hug2:

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Juniper, I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers. We are here if you need a safe place for prayers and love.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Oh, wow, Blinkk, hope all is still well in your zone. I'll keep you and your firefighters in my thoughts and prayers

Juniper, sending healing vibes your way. Take care and focus on your health. We'll be adding out positive thoughts to yours. :Hug2:

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Juniper prayers sent your way. I know it must be overwhelming right now, so hang in there, praying for ll of you and yours.

I did not recall seeing this thread before, it is awesome! Take care everyone.