Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent for your uncle and his family, AZ.:Hug2:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your prayers, everybody. My uncle is dead now, but his family will still need prayers.

Thanks again.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, AZ. Prayers sent for you and his family.:Hug2:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever your particular flavor, whatever your juju, please remember my mother. She's gotten word the lymphoma has returned and is going to have to start a more aggressive form of treatment soon (has a 50/50 chance of curing but the even more aggressive treatment only has 30%).

Because fucking fuck cancer. Just...fuck it. It's touched my life too much and I want it out now.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Whatever your particular flavor, whatever your juju, please remember my mother. She's gotten word the lymphoma has returned and is going to have to start a more aggressive form of treatment soon (has a 50/50 chance of curing but the even more aggressive treatment only has 30%).

Because fucking fuck cancer. Just...fuck it. It's touched my life too much and I want it out now.

So sorry. Will send good thoughts her way and yours. :Hug2:

Fuck cancer.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sending prayers, Ben.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

An update:

My mother completed her next round of chemo today (a massive injection to help her stave off infection since her system has been weakened from the other medications in her treatment), and her doctor said recently that the mass in her abdomen has been reduced in size. The doctor had to probe and push a bit deeper this time to find it; it's still there but much smaller. Thank you once again, everybody. She's told me she really appreciates the good vibes going out to her. :heart:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An update:

My mother completed her next round of chemo today (a massive injection to help her stave off infection since her system has been weakened from the other medications in her treatment), and her doctor said recently that the mass in her abdomen has been reduced in size. The doctor had to probe and push a bit deeper this time to find it; it's still there but much smaller. Thank you once again, everybody. She's told me she really appreciates the good vibes going out to her. :heart:

That is fantastic news, Ben. Keeping your mother in my prayers.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Please pray for my divorced sister. Her ex is taking her to mediation to get control of the kids' education, and possibly more.

Thank you.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, AZ.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. Now, unfortunately, I need some for my Mom. This morning she had an appointment at a medical clinic (her first in about 10 years), and they had her go to the hospital. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I heard the word cardiologist mentioned. I really hope the clinic is being overcautious, but her family does have a history of heart problems.

Thank you.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Siri Kirpal. It turns out she didn't have to go to the hospital after all. Apparently, if I've heard correctly, Mom had a sudden drop in blood pressure that worried the clinic staff. I guess it came back up after Mom had called us, but before they called an ambulance. She has to get some blood work and pick up some medicine, but she's coming home. Don't know if the meds have anything to do with this incident, though.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely good, Siri Karpal! She's doing fairly well right now. I got a little confused with the info, though. Mom hadn't had a sudden drop in blood pressure; she had blood pressure too high to be caused by her morning coffee. The drop in pressure was what made the staff not call for an ambulance after all. She has meds for it now, so she should be okay.

Thanks again for the prayers.