AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 294 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer requests.

Prayer requests.

Post your prayer requests and let's pray for each other.

But, please, no bad jokes. Keep this thread sacred.

All walks of life welcome-come as you are!
    I'm not middle aged. I'm middle seasoned. TL Wies

Check out my etsy shop!
    Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

I need the will to send out a query for a new agent. I seemed to be paralyzed by fear. Not of rejection, I'm used to that. But of acceptance. Acceptance means performance and that requires confidence that I can perform as a writer for children. So my request is that I get over myself and send it out. The query is for "The Lady And The Writer for" those of you who have seen it.

Humbly Yours,

writerterri

Check out my etsy shop!

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

I mean no disrespect, but what about those here who do not believe in a supreme power of any kind? Are they also welcome?

Maryn, who hopes you "get over yourself and send it out," too! C'mon, you know you can do it...
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

They will be at CDHH.

I couldn't resist the opportunity to make that known.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryn
    I mean no disrespect, but what about those here who do not believe in a supreme power of any kind? Are they also welcome?

Maryn, who hopes you "get over yourself and send it out," too! C'mon, you know you can do it...
    Anybody and everybody who is apart of the human race is welcome here (and their pets too).

Check out my etsy shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehanna
    They will be at CDHH.

I can't resist asking what CDHH is?

Check out my etsy shop!

Okay, my palms dried up and the blood returned to my fingers and I was able to query. Yikes!

Thank you to the ones who prayed for me.

writerterri

Check out my etsy shop!

I prayed terri - pray for me. I'm going through a really bad time with my health.
    Epicman

Glenn S. Hamilton
    http://www.cometogetherbooks.com

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    I'll say a prayer for you too, Epicman and hope and pray everything turns out well for you and everyone.

Thank you, I will.

I have chronic illness. One thing I was shown through prayer was that I had to be strong and except the answers I was given. Walk by faith not by sight. If you ever need someone to unload your thoughts on I'm there. I understand. I have been chronically ill for 15 years and I know the depths you think no one will understand. Don't let it make you crazy by holding it in, talk about it. I've had all the thoughts that go along with chronic illness you couldn't shock me. May the One who's incharge of your health show you how to walk through it. Amen.

And I said a private prayer too. Call on me if you need me.

terri

Check out my etsy shop!

Just wanted you to know I prayed for those who requested it, also. God bless.
    Donna

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Just wanted you to know I prayed for those who requested it, also. God bless.
    Great!

I have a praise report. I prayed for a car and a client at my husbands work wants to give me her other car. Just out of the blue! It needs a head gasket and it just so happens that my uncle will replace it for me for free.

Thank you Lord!

The power of prayer blows me away.

Check out my etsy shop!

Wisdom for the spirit.

Live in harmony with each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!

Romans 12:16 NLT

Have any spiritual wisdom? Feel free to post it. It doesn't have to come from the Bible. All walks of life welcome.

Check out my etsy shop!

Let's see what's on special today.. Bufty's Avatar
    I don't think I have much influence Upstairs, but I too asked Him to keep an eye on you guys.
    Everything yields to treatment.

It's not all that spiritual--and neither am I, so that's fitting--but I think much of the good that's some to me is the direct result of being honest and kind to everyone, unless and until they've done something to indicate they don't deserve or appreciate it.

There's no reason in the world not to treat everyone else as intrinsically important and worthy of being acknowledged as a fellow human being. (Plus it gets you little favors that brighten your day many, many times!) Why not say "Good morning" to the joggers and the homeless guy? Ask the cashier how her day's going? Let the dope turn in front of me without shaking my fist or muttering? Wish people well even if you don't share their goal?

Sure makes things easier, being nice.

Maryn, world-class grouch on her own time
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

I'm with you Maryn. Just because I'm in a bad mood doesn't mean I should wish it on everyone. Some things are better not to share.

I think that's why one of my most remembered bits of a movie was in 'Oh, God' with John Denver and George Burns...when he makes it rain inside the car and he says, 'Why should I ruin everyone else's day?' It still cracks me up.
    Eat right, exercise, die anyway.

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D. Pat~'s Avatar
    I needed to resurrect this thread this morning, for those of you who can find time to pray this holiday week...

I would really appreciate your prayers for our teenage son. He has Tourette Syndrome, and has struggled all his life with obsessive-compulsive issues. The medications he's been on for 10 years don't seem to help much in this area, and his compulsive/addictive tendencies have taken a more serious turn these past few months. He is a computer genius, and has already discovered how to get into serious trouble doing illegal things on the computer. In recent months he has been granted 'mercy' twice, in that no charges were filed; but I have been told to prepare for what we will do in the event that he gets arrested (if things don't change) We've been told he would get tried as an adult, and if convicted, could end up in a federal prison.

After meeting with the psychiatrist this week, it was recommended that we check him into a behavioral health hospital for teens struggling with addiction, school failure, and other serious problems. (Though brilliant, he is also failing some classes at high school. His ADD and learning disability are not the problem; it's more a motivation issue.) Please pray for my husband and me to make the right decision for him, and pray for the peace that comes when I turn it all over to a sovereign God. My mother's heart shudders at the thought of my boy's future.

Thanks.
    Pat

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry him… ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life

under my September Skies in sunny California
    Pat,
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I stopped everything I was doing (reading/writing) and said a sincere prayer for you all. I'll continue too. And I'll go back now and go over the past prayer requests. God Bless you.

best of luck with your son, pat. it sounds like he has wonderful parents, and that's such an incredibly important aspect of dealing with such challenges.

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

My poems on Twitter. Please proceed in an orderly fashion.

The grad students did it NeuroFizz's Avatar
    Terri, Pat, Epicman and others. I'm sending out hopes for a bright rest-of-2005 and an even better 2006. Let us know how we can be of help, even if it's just a reminder of this thread from time to time, so we can renew our prayers.

Epic, you've been in my thoughts for some time. Sorry I didn't catch your post here a few weeks back.

Pat, I stopped to pray for you all. I pray that you get the right help for your son. It certainly sounds like you're on the right track. I prayed for God to lead you and to heal your son. I pray for him to be given effective tools for dealing with this. I ask for your peace in the process. God bless.
    Donna

No, life isn't fair, but sometimes we need to be thankful it isn't. - me

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    You are all in my prayers. There are five family members in this house. Two have chronic illnesses, another one w/ emotional problems, and another with neurological impairment. As for me--I keep on going, like the Energizer bunny. Sort of. I can't say I fully understand what others go through, since everyone's illnesses and situations are different, but I have an idea, and I know it can be quite troubling.

And yes, besides prayer, I believe in what goes around comes around.

**After re-reading that last sentence above, I realize it sounds strange. What I meant to say was, do something good for others and it will come back to you a thousand-fold, in some way. Lately clarity hasn't been my strong point! And to think I'm a writer....

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Last edited by stormie; 12-24-2005 at 12:06 AM.

I will do just that, Pat and Stormie. I'll add in a request for a little strength for you all as well.

Pat,

Besides the PM I pray that God gives you the wisdom to do His will for your son and gives you and your husband the strength to carry it out. I think the hospital would be a great idea. Jail just isn't the right place for that kind of illness.

One breath and one prayer at a time my friend.

Terri

Check out my etsy shop!

For the first time, I am really struggling with the holiday season. I have had three tragedys this year and right now I want to crawl under the covers and not come out until they quit playing Felice Navidad. I have to go to work and keep from crying for 24 hours and if you would, I would like to ask you to pray for my family and myself to have the strength to make it through this difficult time. I need to be strong for my kids. Thank you
    Sam
    Red hair is caused by sugar and lust
    Still Life With Woodpecker

Page 1 of 294 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast