What Are YOU So Worried About?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried that I'll fail to find some way to generate income and I will will have too little money to pay rent, and that I will end up in a shelter. Or that if I have to get a job, it will take up most of my time and leave me depressed and exhausted. What is life worth in that state?

Last edited:

EclipsesMuse

Questing
Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried that my villain does not have enough of a physical presence in my book and is out shined by his minion.

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about some elements of my story ending up being too cliché. Browsing TV Tropes last night simultaneously helped and psyched me out. Grr.... :Hammer:

I am also in a funk about the job market. I'm not getting enough work hours these days at my 2 jobs. Not much available around here, either. Not giving up though.

Last edited:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried that my ideas always end up a lot more complex than I intend them. I've been trying to write just a simple fantasy story in the vein of the Chronicles of Narnia books, but every idea just balloons out into complex plots, usually involving plenty of murder, shifting allegiances, political scheming and backstabbing.

And I'm just not talented enough to pull something like that off.

And yes, I know I worry a lot. That's just what I do.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm worried that after two decades of looking, I may have found my tribe in the writers and editors of the publishing company I just submitted to. They sound wonderful. And now I'm afraid that my book won't be enough for them, and I'll have to slouch off and be a hermit again. Of course, I'm also afraid of inclusion, because every group I've tried to join since childhood has ultimately been unsatisfactory -- for me and them. But this time, it's worth the effort. If not with this novel, then the next one.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I worry I'm wrong in believing that if you're talented, and try hard for a long time, that you will have success in publishing.

It's like The Princess and the Pea. Doesn't matter how many layers of optimism I pile on top of that nugget of doubt, I can still feel it.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried that my betas will hate my book. And about 6 million other things, but that's the most prevalent at the moment.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I worry that:

• I'm not as grand a storyteller as I think and that when I get my book finished, the plot will be lackluster rather than the epic thing I've envisioned.
  • My friends are right about my ideas being too much for my genre and that people WON'T actually get what I'm trying to do after it's all laid out in its entirety like I keep telling myself they will.
  • Taking a stable, full-time job (even though I have to, now) will not create the same incentive (or opportunity) for me to keep up with my writing as part-time, pay-check to pay-check living does (yes, I fully realize how ungrateful that sounds).
  • My family will disown me when they figure out I'm writing not-quite-christian things.
  • Ridiculously, I worry I won't get my current fan fiction finished, which would enable me to finally just cut myself out of that time sink.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I'm worried I won't be able to finish this giant beast of a Saga I started, sometimes I worry I won't be able to finish anything!

I worry I'm not capable of finishing one of the most ambitious novels I've ever come up with, I want to work on it after this one.

I worry that no agent will want to represent me and will look at my novels/stories and laugh uproariously that I dared attempt anything creative and summarily burn me at the stake.

I worry that I'll never come up with another creative idea again.

inspiredbymusic

Registered
Reaction score
I'm worried that I'll accidentally eff up the best thing I've ever written.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh, please. I mean, seriously. If this were the totality of things many of us had to worry about, we'd be absolutely delighted with the sharp improvement.

I find this kind of creepy, since in any large community you get people with genuine, life-or-death things to worry about.

Maryn, killjoy

MOD NOTE:

We all have problems and issues and worries when it comes to our writing and our writing careers. I don't mind keeping this thread as a place to talk about them, as long as we're all clear on one thing: no personal sniping and no bringing in crap from other threads in other sub-forums.

You guys know how to use your Report Post button, so report your issues. Don't hash them out in-thread. Keep it on topic.
From the first 1.5 pages.

Quoted without comment -- and not for truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.